Covid-19

JCon

GOP lawmaker who said there was 'political agenda' behind COVID coverage prays for a 'miracle' from the hospital

Rep. David Byrd (R-TN) made a post on Facebook this Thursday saying that he may be soon placed on a ventilator due to coronavirus, and asked people to pray for him.

"I really need a miracle today!!" Byrd wrote Thursday. "My doctor said if my oxygen level doesn't improve then he has no choice but to put me on a ventilator. So please pray that God will breathe His healing spirit into my lungs!!"

Byrd was flown by helicopter from Wayne County Hospital to St. Thomas in Nashville, where he still remains. According to the Tennessean, he was among the nearly 70 House Republicans who attended a caucus meeting held in the House chamber on November 24. A week and a half later, he was hospitalized with the virus. Reports say he was seen on the House floor without a mask. Just days before, he hosted a dinner for dozens of his fellow caucus members at a restaurant.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/david-byrd/

Really hoping for an new infection count in the low 200's today.

Edited by Tracker

A little more info:

14 additional deaths were also announced:

•    A man in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region
•    A man in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region
•    A man in his 70s from the Interlake-Eastern health region
•    A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to outbreak at the Health Science Centre GD4
•    A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region
•    A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Holy Family Personal Care Home
•    A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Holy Family Personal Care Home
•    A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region
•    A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Charleswood Care Centre
•    A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Saul & Claribel Simkin Centre
•    A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Bethania Mennonite Personal Care Home
•    A man in his 90s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region and linked to the outbreak at Rest Haven Nursing Home
•    A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region
•    A woman in her 100s from the Southern Health region and linked to the outbreak at Villa Youville Personal Care Home

Dr. Brent Roussin, chief provincial public health officer, says there are 5,517 active cases, 14,410 people have recovered, and 297 people are in the hospital, including 40 in the intensive care unit. Four-hundred and sixty-five people have died.

Friday’s cases include:

•    43 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
•    136 cases in the Northern health region
•    35 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
•    40 cases in the Southern Health region
•    193 cases in the Winnipeg health region

Laboratory testing numbers show 2,723 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 383,404.

It looks like the cases in the north kind of exploded. Geez...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

46 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

A little more info:

It looks like the cases in the north kind of exploded. Geez...

Yowza...

I know that Shamattawa is hit hard right now. Don't know if that is part of it, but you have to wonder if there is some targeted testing going on in other remote communities. Their previous daily high for new cases was 57, and that was almost a month ago.

3 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Yowza...

I know that Shamattawa is hit hard right now. Don't know if that is part of it, but you have to wonder if there is some targeted testing going on in other remote communities. Their previous daily high for new cases was 57, and that was almost a month ago.

It's just like the colonies, you knew the reserves were going to be bad and that's why Mr. Premier they are ahead of Joe Citizen for vaccines.

On 2020-12-10 at 11:47 AM, Mr Dee said:

Her approach, she says, what friggin approach?

Accept your responsibility.

What pi**es me off most about people like her with these 'approaches' to combating this pandemic is the tone they always set. It's always so uber combative, passively and/or aggressively. They have really convinced themselves that proactively picking fights, always on the prowl to pounce on people in the name of freedom that they're doing their jobs beating their chests like they're the real heroes here. Meanwhile a lot of other people of all ilk just want to follow public health infectious disease experts (experts being the key word here) so they can get back to their normal lives sooner than later. 

36 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It's just like the colonies, you knew the reserves were going to be bad and that's why Mr. Premier they are ahead of Joe Citizen for vaccines.

I apologize in advance if the facts sound defensive...

There are plenty of colony situations where people isolated & there was very little community spread.  I expect it's the same on reserves. 

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I apologize in advance if the facts sound defensive...

There are plenty of colony situations where people isolated & there was very little community spread.  I expect it's the same on reserves. 

Bingo! 

When I visited some reserves in Fall they were really good at monitoring people coming in and out and at the local restaurant/gas stations/community store they were doing a great job of everyone wearing masks and social distancing.  Better then in Winnipeg.  

However some reserves such as Shamattawa are similar to how it is in the Mad Max movies.  I can't put it in a nice way but they are completely different from most of the other reserves.   

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Bingo! 

When I visited some reserves in Fall they were really good at monitoring people coming in and out and at the local restaurant/gas stations/community store they were doing a great job of everyone wearing masks and social distancing.  Better then in Winnipeg.  

However some reserves such as Shamattawa are similar to how it is in the Mad Max movies.  I can't put it in a nice way but they are completely different from most of the other reserves.   

Thank you.  I had First Nations classmates at BU back in the day, so I assumed this was case.  They are very caring, fun loving people, who know when to take matters seriously.

Thanks for confirming.