Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

100% agree on **** any neighbour that deliberately flouts the rules. 

70YR old MIL lives alone and my wife is her designated visitor, it is against the letter of the law for her to visit our house for Christmas dinner. She has no in person contact with anyone else, this is the one time I am saying F the rules and am having her for Christmas dinner. I will not be having my oldest son over at all as he lives in a multi person household.

Go ahead and call the cops...

Edited by GCJenks
grammar

Two pieces of good news today: firstly, we are in the 200's for new cases for the second day in a row- something we haven't seen for awhile. The arrival of the Moderna vaccine sounds like it is over and above the Pfizer shipment, so it looks like we are turning a bit of a corner.  We are still going to have double digit mortality for a bit, as this is a "downstream" marker. Lets hold our collective breaths until we see what tomorrow brings.

Melania Trump Does the Unthinkable and Removes Her Mask at Children’s Hospital
-REUTERS
During a holiday visit to the Children’s National Hospital on Tuesday, first lady Melania Trump prepared to read a story to children by first removing her face mask. The hospital policy says anyone who enters the hospital must wear a mask “at all times,” according to CNN. This was the first lady’s fourth annual visit to the hospital. Normally she reads to a packed room full of children and their families, but this year only two children were present in-person and the event was broadcast across hospital televisions. Masked staff were also present.

Trump kept her face mask off the entire time she read, although she did social distance and had her mask on for a bingo drawing afterwards. The hospital and first lady haven’t returned requests for comment. President Trump and Melania Trump both tested positive for the coronavirus earlier this year, and according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, their antibodies should still be present. Guidance does not differentiate between those with antibodies and those without when it comes to mask wearing. “I’m thinking of you all,” Melania Trump told the children during the event. “Stay strong and well and Merry Christmas and happy holidays.”

14 hours ago, Tracker said:

Saskatchewan pregnancy rates fall as family reunions are banned due to COVID-19 pandemic. 

What's even worse is how the provincial gov't intends to outlaw doggystyle in the rectangle province. The argument being you never turn your back on family.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

We seem to be holding at this level, which is not good enough. At this level, the chances of an individual becoming a "super-spreader" as happened in Steinbach are just too great. 

I would of thought that we would of been getting under 200 cases a day by now but that hasn't happened yet, concerning that the TP is heading up in the last few days and the the hospitals and icu numbers which were trending down have also starting ticking up

'Jail them': Shock as emails reveal Trump appointee’s 'monstrous' call to spread COVID-19 in America

According to a new report from POLITICO, a former top Trump appointee urged for health officials to adopt a "herd immunity" approach to the coronavirus pandemic, allowing for millions of people to be infected.

"There is no other way, we need to establish herd, and it only comes about allowing the non-high risk groups expose themselves to the virus. PERIOD," then-science adviser Paul Alexander wrote on July 4 to his boss, Health and Human Services assistant secretary for public affairs Michael Caputo, and six other senior officials.

"Infants, kids, teens, young people, young adults, middle aged with no conditions etc. have zero to little risk….so we use them to develop herd…we want them infected…" he added.

The news sparked a wave of outrage from President Trump's critics on Twitter.