Who is the top receiver in free agency?

BBlink

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We just freed up about $450,000 with Nichols release so I don't know if we have to wait on Jefferson. OTOH, if the Als or any other team was to put in a higher offer for him, we can have some flexibility to match or move on. 

The way I view it we replaced that spending with the Collaros deal.

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Basically we are paying the bottom teir for starting QB salary for an experienced QB...So there is no SMS issue we are facing...even including the amounts Willie and or Strev may require....

True but Winnipeg spreads it around quite a bit already.  Could we afford to have the highest paid receiver in the league (walker), the highest paid defensive end, and the highest paid linebacker?  

6 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

True but Winnipeg spreads it around quite a bit already.  Could we afford to have the highest paid receiver in the league (walker), the highest paid defensive end, and the highest paid linebacker?  

I doubt we go after Walker, and if we target a WR it won't be for over 185k i bet, and is Biggie highest paid?..I thought Muamba is/was...regardless tho, if signing a few higher priced guys happens, it's at the expense of guys like Fenner..Hecht,,possibly Nevis and Jones not being back and paying their 4+ yr CFL seniority salaries for cheaper entry and second contract type guys...

57 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We just freed up about $450,000 with Nichols release so I don't know if we have to wait on Jefferson. OTOH, if the Als or any other team was to put in a higher offer for him, we can have some flexibility to match or move on. 

And gave it to Collaros... :D

Edited by BomberfanMKS

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I was just gonna say that. SpeedFlex is wrong. The money we freed up with the Nichols release is going to Collaros…..

and really is a moot point cause thats money all teams account for right outta the gate when assesing theor SMS and where/what to spend...and as far as starting QB money goes..we are paying on the lower end for a proven vet QB..

1 minute ago, Booch said:

and really is a moot point cause thats money all teams account for right outta the gate when assesing theor SMS and where/what to spend...and as far as starting QB money goes..we are paying on the lower end for a proven vet QB..

Lol, i was being facetious. Seeing if I could get SpeedFlex to explode.

9 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I'd be shocked. I think Winnipeg feels like home to him and his wife.

Well,so did probably Regina as well. I'd like to think if all his NFL options were fully exhausted that he'd be talking to Walter's first about a new contract coming fresh off a grey cup victory.

17 hours ago, Floyd said:

It didn’t the year before...

News flash:  no one wins every year.  The downer brigade is going to have to work a bit harder to find things to complain about, but revisiting past years is the lazy way.  Put a bit of work into it and find reasons to ***** about the here and now.

And by the way, I don't remember who was saying it, but any savings we might have made with Nichols' salary went into paying Collaros

Edited by WBBFanWest

Regardless we were never gonna save anything on starting QB this whatever way u sliced it..and team never expected to.

Realistically we are more or less at the same value there as last..if not more value if Collaros misses anytime..and even if he dosnt..its hardly an increase..especially when we only need to roster 2 QB's and most likely one will be value contract McGuire

Maybe Adams has been working hard since the end of last season, studying game videos, playbooks, training, I hope so.

The Guy could be an excellent QB, and he's got Khari to help him with it.

I'm Starting to accept that Streveller is going to the NFL.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

“Flourished” May be a generous word. He was average at best. 

Vernon Adams had a breakout year. Fourth in the league in passing yards,  In 16 games, Adams attempted 431 passes & completed 283 for 3,942 yards. He had a 65.7% completion average with 24 touchdowns & 13 interceptions. His interception % was 3.1%. & Adams was tied for the league lead with Dane Evans & Cody Fajardo for yds per completion among starters at 9.1 yards. He had a QB Efficiency Rating of 100.9. That's not too shabby for a first year starter & hardly average. So yes, I'd say he flourished under Khari's system. I think Adams will only get better as time goes on. The guy is perfectly suited for the Canadian game. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yet Adams flourished under it. 

My understanding was the Pipkin battled injuries and has a lot less CFL experience than Adams in terms of picking up a new system. If certain better options aren't available I would like to pick up Pipkin to compete with McGuire and develop both of them.