Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

20 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Dan Barnes of the Toronto Sun was on CJME during Grey Cup week and stated that the first round compensation for Collaros is only in effect until the opening of FA. Once FA 2020 hits the deal is finalized. He said Pinball just wanted insurance for a chance to re-sign him.

So make an agreement with Collaros, and put it in the drawer and bring it out and sign when the FA hits. That will work. 

I think we did that with Kohlert before when he was picked up by Ottawa on expansion draft.  

Edited by M.O.A.B.

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

figured as much...because he is free....and no player would agree to have another team dictate what he could get on the open market with a caveat like that...

I still think it is questionable to have a deal done, wait 1 minute into FA to save a pick, and re-sign him 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I still think it is questionable to have a deal done, wait 1 minute into FA to save a pick, and re-sign him 

I think it's fair to sit down- hammer out a deal with Collaros with an understanding that we let him try out the free market and test the waters to see if anything crazy comes up and then if he wants, come back to the bombers and sign on the original contract.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think it's fair to sit down- hammer out a deal with Collaros with an understanding that we let him try out the free market and test the waters to see if anything crazy comes up and then if he wants, come back to the bombers and sign on the original contract.

Who knows they may have agreed upon a minimum window, say 24 or 48 hours past the opening of FA.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't think that falls into tampering if he is on our team though...

Not tampering, but if the trade deal is that once FA opens no draft pick it would be pretty hard to convince anyone that a deal was not in place prior to FA if we filed it 1 minute into FA. In that case, the league may decide to award the draft pick.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The Argos would have a pretty compelling case with the league that the deal was done pre-FA if that were to happen.

You can't tamper with your own player. Tampering would be say, if a GM* who just traded a player away said that they wanted to re-sign them in the off-season. 

*GM not named Pinball cause this league loves him and he can do whatever he wants apparently. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

You can't tamper with your own player. Tampering would be say, if a GM* who just traded a player away said that they wanted to re-sign them in the off-season. 

*GM not named Pinball cause this league loves him and he can do whatever he wants apparently. 

More along the lines of collusion.

Pinball has arguably already tampered with Collaros by saying that would re-sign in the off season after he traded him here.

Edit...should have read your whole post as you already mention it

Edited by Geebrr

Also, I can guarantee that should the Bombers not make Collaros an offer he can't refuse prior to FA that the first team his agent will call to see what level of interest there is will be Toronto. I would be shocked if a deal weren't already in place between Pinball and Zac's camp prior to him being traded.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

More along the lines of collusion.

Pinball has arguably already tampered with Collaros by saying that would re-sign in the off season after he traded him here.

Edit...should have read your whole post as you already mention it

Yes, that would be collusion and quite dishonest in my opinion. If we sign Collaros right after free agency begins, we owe the Argos the first rounder. 

However, I would argue that if the Argos get their chance to re-sign him in FA and fail to do so, then we no longer would owe them anything. Of course the language of the trade agreement would offer more detail on this I'm sure. 

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You know that feeling you got when Collaros took the knee in victory formatuon at the end of the 107th Grey Cup game? Remember that feeling? 

You are killing that feeling with each post like this. 

Every single angst filled "Nichols sucks" post you have posted since the 107 GC, chips away at that celebratory feeling that we get to share with ALL Bomber fans... Feeling of connectivity with fans  between now and 29 years ago... 

All of that, you cheapen with every "Nichols is a ham n egger" equivalent comment that you make... take a break from the hate, revel in the ******* GREY CUP CHAMPIONS THAT IS US!!!!! At least give it a day for every year of the Drought. That is a small ask.

Surely, if I can let go of most of my hate of all things riders- you can let up on a Bomber.

Pro Tip:  Put him on ignore.  You lose absolutely nothing of substance and gain a whole lot in the signal to noise ratio.  Has made my experience here remarkably better!

4 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Pro Tip:  Put him on ignore.  You lose absolutely nothing of substance and gain a whole lot in the signal to noise ratio.  Has made my experience here remarkably better!

You sound like someone who likes to attack others but have a hard time yourself if someone makes a funny about you.  I wonder if speedflex has you on ignore ?

20 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Also, I can guarantee that should the Bombers not make Collaros an offer he can't refuse prior to FA that the first team his agent will call to see what level of interest there is will be Toronto. I would be shocked if a deal weren't already in place between Pinball and Zac's camp prior to him being traded.

His agent can shop whatever he wants, ultimately it's Collaros' decision to make. If he feels he will extend his career here with the Bombers than any other teams, I think he will re-sign. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

By contrast, the Edmonton Eskimos have 32 free agents 14 starters    Every team in same boat.

makes for great potential to bring all the key pieces back to try and repeat..I would bet only guys who won't be back are guys we are wanting to move on from, and any who might get an NFL shot...

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

makes for great potential to bring all the key pieces back to try and repeat..I would bet only guys who won't be back are guys we are wanting to move on from, and any who might get an NFL shot...

Or guys who have paid their dues and should get an opportunity to start that they won't get here.

Like Augustine and Roh 

Edited by Geebrr

I don't understand the thinking that Collaros would rather go back playing in Ontario playing for a team that's rebuilding and missed the playoffs. Here he's playing for a Grey Cup winning team behind the best O-line in the league. Would be weird imo for a guy who's had tons of injury issues to go play for a team behind a worse o-line.