Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Alexander-Jones-Exume-Taylor-Boynton (Hallett)

Wilson-Bighill-Maston (Rios)

Jeffcoat-Thomas-Richardson-McAllister (Hansen-Griffiths)

Bryant-Desjarlais-Speller-Neufeld-Hardrick (Gray-Tui)

Adams-Lawler-Bailey-Demski-Woli (Peterman-Nelson-Whitehead-Grant)

Harris (Augustine-Oliviera-Miller-Rush)

Collaros (McGuire)

Medlock-Rempel

I just like pointing out how its early February - and even if we sign NO ONE - this roster looks deeper than most of our training camp rosters in the last 10+ years...

Jefferson, Franklin, Miles, Nevis and Ackie sure would be be unreal...

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Looks good other than the secondary and the receivers which are both an absolute mess 

The same receiving core that won a grey cup is a mess?

While I won't say our receivers and dbs are world beaters... they are far from being a mess.

Edited by Brandon

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The same receiving core that won a grey cup is a mess?

While I won't say our receivers and dbs are world beaters... they are far from being a mess.

Yes, the same receiving core that won a grey cup is a mess. Our leading receiver last year would’ve ranked fourth on most (I think all) teams in the league. I don’t understand why you’d try and suggest that winning a championship excludes your roster from having weak spots.

Our group of receivers has been a weak spot for years. We need to address it. Yes, I understand Harris means we’re going to pass less than other teams. But still - it needs to get better and become more of a balance and if that’s the approach Buck plans to take (which it hopefully is) then he’s gonna need some better receivers.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not really. Missing a #1 and I don’t think the answer is trying to hope both Bailey and Lawler turn out. I’d rather see one of them fill a depth role.

Wonder if Lawler ends up playing the boundary.  Adams has struggled like crazy there to find any consistency and often ended up in the slot more than anywhere else.  Buck obviously will have some different ideas.  Adams is decent value at 140k, still room to add someone >200k probably at the cost of adding that money into the secondary and going young/value there.

I'm not a huge fan of Bailey as anything other than a fill-in.  Plays real hard but nothing special in terms of routes or hands.  Even if they don't add a big free agent I think he has a tough time making the roster.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wonder if Lawler ends up playing the boundary.  Adams has struggled like crazy there to find any consistency and often ended up in the slot more than anywhere else.  Buck obviously will have some different ideas.  Adams is decent value at 140k, still room to add someone >200k probably at the cost of adding that money into the secondary and going young/value there.

I'm not a huge fan of Bailey as anything other than a fill-in.  Plays real hard but nothing special in terms of routes or hands.  Even if they don't add a big free agent I think he has a tough time making the roster.

Agreed. Adams at 140k helps us still get out there and compete for Posey or Davaris or even Dom Rhymes and you add one of them + hope you get a guy in camp to compete with Lawler? Things could look way different.