Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Yes the ones that lived in town during the season. Which I believe Holly Jefferson did last season along with their young daughter. 

Maybe 4-5 years ago when she was apart of the Bomber organization... she's long gone from being in that spot though.

Edited by bigg jay

25 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Kim might have have the inside scoop.  I know she no longer works for the club but given her prior position with the club. She probably built some close friendships with the players wives and girlfriends.  Especially those that were living in town with their husbands/boyfriends.  

That’s true, women always go to the bathroom with eachother and what else would they talk about 

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That's too bad, very underrated. But Richardson is no slouch. Maybe Nevis comes back late like last off-season?

Thomas as full-time starter would hinder us...especially if we lose Willie...he's fine as a rotational piece...but thats about it

Maybe Nevis and team are too far apart in salary..so he is going to see what he can get, maybe we are going National there and targeting Laing...Wynn...maybe something outta the blue...guess we will see...that being said if we legit are gonna toss money at Willie...someone who was due to make some significant money had to be clipped

Maybe we go quasi 3-4..With Richardson in the Nose..Jeffcoat and McCallister at the ends and Willie plays..wherever...try and match up for that...be an O-line nightmare

Edited by Booch

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That's super lame about Nevis going FA - he is a force on the inside, main part of our run D imo

Maybe's he's hoping for a $150-200k payout

If we are bringing Willie Jefferson back the money has to come from somewhere.

As much as we all love Deake Nevis, American DTs are out there in numbers.

21 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

My bad...I thought she was employed by the team up until the end of last season. 

Yeah my timing was a bit off too.  2017 was her last season with the team but by that point she was only doing game-day hosting.  From what I can tell, she hadn't been in a role where she would have significant contact with the players since 2015.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Thomas as full-time starter would hinder us...especially if we lose Willie...he's fine as a rotational piece...but thats about it

Maybe Nevis and team are too far apart in salary..so he is going to see what he can get, maybe we are going National there and targeting Laing...Wynn...maybe something outta the blue...guess we will see...that being said if we legit are gonna toss money at Willie...someone who was due to make some significant money had to be clipped

Maybe we go quasi 3-4..With Richardson in the Nose..Jeffcoat and McCallister at the ends and Willie plays..wherever...try and match up for that...be an O-line nightmare

I'm starting to think we sign Laing... surprised he hasn't re-upped in TO

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Funny how that has changed.

Also funny that he is letting Dennis walk despite that attitude.

Says something about Dennis.

Shhsss!!! Don’t say anything bad about him! He will come on here and tell you that you are wrong and he’s the best tackle in the league and he does no wrong and the cfl is a cheap league and etc and etc....

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Kim might have have the inside scoop.  I know she no longer works for the club but given her prior position with the club. She probably built some close friendships with the players wives and girlfriends.  Especially those that were living in town with their husbands/boyfriends.  

I gotta ask, when you pull theories like this one out of your ass, does it sting?

54 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

As rare as trades are, I can see the possibility of them shipping Eli to The RedBlacks. After all, It was their coach (Lapo) who has some kind of family connection that enticed him to come to Wpg in the first place. Eli's contract also only runs through this season and he might still get some NFL attention to boot.

A Canadian center can get you some shiny things.

Eli connection is with Danny Mac