The Trade Thread

6 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Was hoping we would land him, TO so many reasons to hate...

Edmundson is not the player he used to be. Guy is a defensive black hole now and offers no offence. He does add toughness, but it is at the expense of the scoreboard. His play has badly dropped off from a few years ago. He doesn't crack our starting lineup imo. If we got him as a veteran insurance policy, I suppose that would be OK but not to step in and play.

Edited by GCn20

47 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Edmundson is not the player he used to be. Guy is a defensive black hole now and offers no offence. He does add toughness, but it is at the expense of the scoreboard. His play has badly dropped off from a few years ago. He doesn't crack our starting lineup imo. If we got him as a veteran insurance policy, I suppose that would be OK but not to step in and play.

Yea i think he could of spelled off a Dman here and there and would be better than Stanley as a fill in. Not sold on our starting 6 to last for a long run in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

So he can take penalties here? No thanks. 

Regardless Leaf’s suck.

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Was hoping we would land him, TO so many reasons to hate...

I hit agree cuz Leafs and hate go well with one another. My therapist calls this unhealthy. :)

Hopefully depth D and top 6 ideally forward. 

maybe Toffoli fits top 6 forward.  Buchnevich does. 

D wise. I could see maybe Dumba or a guy like that. Perhaps we move Stanley and Gus or kupari in a deal also. Those are the types of names that teams are looking at this deadline as a return it seems. 

Not sure how much more of the team’s future I would mortgage for temp fill-ins. Big names are gone, price will be high, and the competition is wide open this year. 5 legit West contenders, not counting the defending champs who just made a big splash themselves in the trade market, and a Kings team that showed how hot it could get in November, and a surging Nashville. Jets have four line depth and the best goalie in the business now, enough to have kept them at the top of the Conference all season. May be enough to take a run as is. We haven’t even considered adding Heinola or McGroarity to the mix yet as depth. 

Condition being it becomes a 2nd if the canes don’t reach the final. 

wonder who else Pittsburgh is looking to move out. 

I feel Chaz Lucius to Pittsburgh is gonna happen now also. lol. 

Edited by Goalie

TT has 26 goals, which would have him tied for the team lead with Connor... that's a good pick up. Picks returning... likely 2nd and 3rd, apparently. 

Just now, Noeller said:

TT has 26 goals, which would have him tied for the team lead with Connor... that's a good pick up. Picks returning... likely 2nd and 3rd, apparently. 

Thanks Mike! I mean, Noeller. ;) 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Thanks Mike! I mean, Noeller. ;) 

IT WAS A COMBINATION OF SEVERAL TWEETS COMPILED!!! (.....but yes I stole information off Twitter, and my "apparently" at the end is the acknowledgement...)

Is that all. Gotta think depth D Also. 

can’t just go in with Stanley as your extra D. 

wonder if we see a player moved out in another deal. 

Edited by Goalie

Still got our 24 2nd from LA via Arizona via Montreal so essentially late 1st but this draft apparently falls off a cliff significantly after pick 21 ish they say. 

look at the Roster if we don’t move anyone out, waivers gonna be required for someone unless Perfetti sent to moose. 

Edited by Goalie

Terrific pickup Chevy!! Toffoli was the guy I wanted. Him and Monahan had great chemistry together in Calgary so getting him heated up shouldn't take long at all. However, this does almost necessitate that Ehlers is on that line and not the first line. Monny and Toffoli need a burner with them because they just don't have the foot speed anymore on the back check, and it can't be Connor because of his defensive play.