GDT - Little Kitties @ Blue Bombers

JCon

25 minutes ago, BBRT said:

What's with the Apple? Hall does not deserve an Apple nor road map. I would take him to the bus station and point him in any direction away from the Peg.

So let’s see Hall gets the blame for having to play a safety that isn’t worth a lick? Gets blamed for Rious who can’t cover or tackle. Gets blamed when Bighill becomes Big Invisible? When the defence caused a massive number of turnovers and scored points and actually won some games he was a hero. The offence repeatedly plays 30 minutes of football and goes night night in the second half and LaPo is still here?  There is enough blame to spread around on this peanut butter sandwich. 

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

So let’s see Hall gets the blame for having to play a safety that isn’t worth a lick? Gets blamed for Rious who can’t cover or tackle. Gets blamed when Bighill becomes Big Invisible? When the defence caused a massive number of turnovers and scored points and actually won some games he was a hero. The offence repeatedly plays 30 minutes of football and goes night night in the second half and LaPo is still here?  There is enough blame to spread around on this peanut butter sandwich. 

Lol - and there is nothing like that happening on offence? Have you watched Hardrick recently? Darvin Adams?

Other teams will do what Hamilton did - Hall needs to figure it out.  

10 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Normally I would have you write a 10 page single spaced report on why conspiracy theories do not exist.

MmmHmmm...tell the people that have been charged with "criminal conspiracy" that conspiracies don't exist. Maybe they can get their records cleared.  

And why was it Kavis Reed was fired, again? Oh, that's right...he conspired with others to circumvent the salary cap.

I guess it makes people feel superior to deny out of hand the reality of things that have been proven true time and again over the course of centuries/millennia but I assure you it's just a feeling

Edited by Deiter Fan

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Lol - and there is nothing like that happening on offence? Have you watched Hardrick recently? Darvin Adams?

I watched an offence score 6 points in about 55 minutes of playing time. Hall needs to ask Santa for a safety, players that can wrap up and not arm tackle and send someone to the North Pole to find Bighill. Repeat and rinse there is blame to sprinkle across the entire staff.

3 hours ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

I think he is a very likeable and fiercely loyal guy whose players love him

Yep. Getting pretty tired of the "guys love playing for Mike" line.

Some of my favourite teachers were the ones that asked the least of me...that pressed me the least...that held me the least accountable. It's human nature to choose the path of least resistance whether it's in our best interests or not.

Being liked doesn't make someone the best choice for a given task. 

29 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Coaching is a huge part of the problem. Which gets back to the HC. Are these assistants & coordinators fearing for their jobs from MOS because he's feeling it from Walters who is feeling it from Miller?? Or is it just a bunch of besties trying their best with no pressure to win? 

31 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Yep. Getting pretty tired of the "guys love playing for Mike" line.

Some of my favourite teachers were the ones that asked the least of me...that pressed me the least...that held me the least accountable. It's human nature to choose the path of least resistance whether it's in our best interests or not.

Being liked doesn't make someone the best choice for a given task. 

Maybe if they changed from "Love playing for Mike" to "Love Winning for Mike" we might see some improvement. I could care less about the  kumbaya love fest in the locker room. 

Edited by BBRT
spelling

4 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Hire Maas as OC when he gets axed. He's an awful HC, but calls a pretty good and aggressive style game.

If Maas is fired, I can see him going to Ottawa as either their HC or as their OC if Rick Campbell survives. Failing that, he is definitely an Ed Hervey guy more than Claybrooks is & he could be the Lions HC next year as well. He has no ties to the Bombers at all. But money talks. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Maas is fired, I can see him going to Ottawa as either their HC or as their OC if Rick Campbell survives. Failing that, he is definitely an Ed Hervey guy more than Claybrooks is & he could be the Lions HC next year as well. He has no ties to the Bombers at all. But money talks. 

There won't be an opening unless Paul Lapolice gets a head coaching offer. But if that happens i defintely think BC would have the edge in hiring Maas and Buck Pierce would take over in Winnipeg.

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Hire Maas as OC when he gets axed. He's an awful HC, but calls a pretty good and aggressive style game.

He’s not aggressive at all.  4 seasons he’s had the offense with the most yards and they are middle of the pack in offensive TD’s.  That indicates that he’s not aggressive at all.  And that’s with a great QB and some all time great receivers.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He’s not aggressive at all.  4 seasons he’s had the offense with the most yards and they are middle of the pack in offensive TD’s.  That indicates that he’s not aggressive at all.  And that’s with a great QB and some all time great receivers.

It could be that his defense doesn't produce a lot of turnovers and his special teams doesn't provide good field position either.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

As an OC, he called a very nice game... as an HC, there's something missing

Media: After the 4th Q in Montreal (0-21) and then the first half here (10-24) is there some concern with what's going on with the secondary? (45 points yielded in 3 quarters, 15 points a quarter)

MOS: "No".

No? Did he say, no?

He went on, in reply to that question, to say ... "I don't think you would have had a second half like you did if that was the case. I think you would have had a whole game like that, y'know, like the first half. I think our guys were just a little too cautious and giving a little too much space against obviously some very good receivers and I thought they did a good job, Hamilton, of getting rid of the ball quickly to kind of nullify our rush. They ran some plays, moved the ball quickly and snapped the ball quickly on us in that 1st half trying to get us tired out, y'know, I don't know if we were ... certainly that 1st half wasn't good enough". 

So in summary we couldn't get any pressure because they moved the ball quickly and the secondary was too cautious and gave up too much space, but none of this concerns him even though we lost the second half too but not as badly.

He went on to say something about our record lately (4-5) and how it could have been 6-3 (Sask, Montreal) but that there really still would have been a lot to fix giving up all those points. But no, he's not concerned, it's just a matter of looking at the film and learning. 

Then he really blew my mind when he said, we have something new that we're being taught -- we need to learn how to win by coming back in games that we're getting blown out in because we haven't done that much, if at all, and we're going to have to learn how to do that again since we didn't do it against Hamilton because it would have been good to do that but we didn't do it and the guys need to understand that we could be in that situation again and we've got to figure that one out.

So, we are not winning when we have big leads and now, we aren't winning when we are getting stomped. 

As usual, all he gave us was that we were going to look at film and learn from it.

I hope it works.

https://globalnews.ca/video/5964311/raw-blue-bombers-mike-oshea-post-game-sept-27

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

As an OC, he called a very nice game... as an HC, there's something missing

What’s missing with that team aside from penalties is scoring points, which is an issue that lands at the feet of the person directing the offense.  We really want a guy calling our plays who couldn’t make the playoffs with Mike Reilly and Derel Walker, Duke Williams, CJ Gable on the field?

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What’s missing with that team aside from penalties is scoring points, which is an issue that lands at the feet of the person directing the offense.  We really want a guy calling our plays who couldn’t make the playoffs with Mike Reilly and Derel Walker, Duke Williams, CJ Gable on the field?

Like I said HC is too much for him

ill take redblacks Maas