GDT - Little Kitties @ Blue Bombers

JCon

On 2019-10-01 at 12:13 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo has no screen game which is completely crucial in this era.  He doesn’t understand how to blend protections with his routes to give the QB a chance vs the blitz and use the open space created...we’ve seen this with every QB, Streveler can break tackles so that helps a lot.

When he whips out the lateral misdirection it often works great, but he has shown no ability to sustain that more than a drive or two per game.  We are hugely reliant on Harris to be a monster as an offense.  The basics of a 21st century passing game are non-existent.

I don't agree with that, he just doesn't know what to do after he's run the scripted plays, it's why the offense doesn't adjust in second halves, he doesn't know how to set up a defense by calling a progression of plays. 

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

How many years do you give a coach? O'Shea has had more than enough, respectability isn't good enough in professional sports, the goal is to win a championship and if he can't get it done after 5 or 6 years it's time to move on, otherwise you end up stuck with the Lapo's and Hall's of the world.

Everybody gets a little too comfortable for their own good. 

On 2019-10-03 at 6:06 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

If O'Shea wants a bigger pay day in Toronto then he can go. If he can get more $$$ elsewhere then I say good for him. It won't be the end of the world if he leaves. It's not like he's won anything here. Not even a West Division championship. He's replaceable & so are his coaches. I say buh bye. 

Why all the hate for MOS ?

Is there a better place to audition for a coaching position then sitting in on the TSN panel?

Worked for Lapo and will work for Benevides imo. Far and away the best technical analysis and looking pretty good in the suit. Imagine MOS in his shorts.

Point being there are plenty of qualified people. Actually thought Jim Barker looked good down on the sideline again and what a wealth of knowledge he is.

8 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Why all the hate for MOS ?

The other site is worse. 5 seasons, 1 playoff win, his refusal to explain what is going on with his team in a candid manner, his blind loyalty to players and coaches, the smirk. Lots not to like about O'Shea, however, if you had to go to war with someone, he's a guy I'd want in the trenches with me.  

9 minutes ago, J5V said:

The other site is worse. 5 seasons, 1 playoff win, his refusal to explain what is going on with his team in a candid manner, his blind loyalty to players and coaches, the smirk. Lots not to like about O'Shea, however, if you had to go to war with someone, he's a guy I'd want in the trenches with me.  

I could live with MOS as long as he punts LaPo & Hall. 

12 minutes ago, J5V said:

Refusal to explain what is going on in a candid manner? Who does this now a days. This post screams entitlement

Just now, Goalie said:

Refusal to explain what is going on in a candid manner? Who does this now a days. This post screams entitlement

Of course it does. What fan doesn't feel entitled? Personally, I don't really care whether I like O'Shea or not. All I care about is winning in the playoffs and winning a championship and that's where he has failed for me. 

As for Hall and Lapo.. They will be gone this off season. Ppl expect firings 15 weeks in to a season? Never. 

Do ppl remember how much of a mess this organization was not long ago. Players coaches would all say thanks but no thanks because coaches and assistants were fired so often nobody wanted to come because of no stability. Hall and Lapo were likely the best we could hire at the time. And despite the raging and negativity that this forum lives on.. 9 and 5 is still 9 and 5. This team is going to the playoffs... Maybe see what they do when its that time first. 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I could live with MOS as long as he punts LaPo & Hall. 

I'd be more inclined to agree with that if I had any idea how much influence he has on the cautious approach we often see from the co-ordinators. Plus his unwillingness to acknowledge issues and/or take responsibility for them just reeks of denial. Not a positive quality for a coach if indeed the case.