Pregame talk: Patriots North come to town

White Out

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Now I was kind of drunk when that last game was on, but it looked to me like Kongbo knew how to get into the backfield pretty consistently, yeah losing Jeffcoat sucks but really not worried that we don't have replacements ready to go at that particular position. 

Actually for being inactive for so long Kongbo looked good...got in backfield quite a bit...had some hurries and a knock down and also caused 2 holding penalties that I saw...It was really effective when they ran sets with him and Willie side by side on the edge...the tackle and guard didn't know what to do

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm surprised that anyone thinks Nichols is 'mentally tough'. When things go bad, Nichols usually folds. One bad pass turns into another and another and another.

I don't think that's mental, I just think that he's a guy that when he's having a bad day he's having a bad day. 

59 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm surprised that anyone thinks Nichols is 'mentally tough'. When things go bad, Nichols usually folds. One bad pass turns into another and another and another.

I think he and Glenn have/had different issues.     With Glenn if he was hit a few times early he then held onto the ball to long and his quick hitter game would be gone for a quarter or two.  He would turtle up.

With Nichols it seems like when things don't go his way he just unravels and either will make a crap throw into well covered receivers  or he holds onto the ball to long and then makes a crap throw for minimal gain.  When things are working for Nichols then he tends to be able to make more then one read and throw it down the field.  

Both guys completely sucked when it came to being mentally tough. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I don't think that's mental, I just think that he's a guy that when he's having a bad day he's having a bad day. 

If it only happened once, you could chock it up to having a bad day, but happens fairly often with Nichols.

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎05 at 10:17 AM, BBRT said:

Here is how I see it - Calgary has a short week. They also have some injuries (as we do). We are at home. But and this is the difference to me. Calgary has a far better coaching and management team. They always seem to fill the holes when they lose folks and have injuries. Bombers not at that level. Calgary wins in a close game. We have the chance to pull out the win but MN yet again fails to take the team to a victory. Calgary 28 Bombers 27.

Here is how I see it. You have never picked Calgary to lose EVER. The rest of what you say means nothing because of that fact.

whats frustrating for me is that we have not put in Strevler when Nichols is struggling for two games in a row.  I get not wanting to yank him in his first off game so that he can try and work through/past it..  But in TO in the second half why not put strevler in to switch things up so that at least the Defense has to think of something else like the QB running forward, or rolling out and give us a chance to make a play.

DO SOMETHING.

AS much as i love this team and for the most part the coaches, they make some very frustrating decisions often enough that its a problem.

Would i rather be a fan of BC, MTL,TO, EDM, Ssk,HAM? no.. I rather have out team.. but i rather we do something when nothing it working vs the same old. 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I think some people still forget that Nichols is - by far - the best QB we've had since Kevin Glenn 1.0... I like Nichols and I'm 100% confident that the best version of him is good enough to win a Grey Cup... where I'm starting to get very concerned.... is how often are we getting the best version of Nichols??... at this point, it's 4 out of 7 games.... which is not often enough...

Agreed that Nichols on one of his good days is very good, but I posit that Willy on his good days was also very good, and we know how that went. With Nichols, I think that if he was having an "on" day with the defence playing as well as if has on good days, yes, the Bombers could well win the Grey Cup . However, there are two problems with that scenario: you have to win three games in a row against the best teams and then all the stars have to align on Grey Cup Sunday. Those are pretty long odds and equivalent to quitting your job because you bought a lottery ticket.

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎05 at 4:47 PM, Noeller said:

Lotta talk about the quality of our OL but I'm not convinced they've been very good during the last couple games. I think that interior and Hardrick playing injured has caused some issues for our offense... 

Our OL was absolute crap last game.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No that's the definition of being average. 

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ugh, even their depth charts are kitschy circa 1993... 

Do they even know they are the Red and White? not wanna-B-ALLCAPS?

When those two teams play- I always get mixed up a few times during the game.

Do you know what a horse looks like lol