Pregame talk: Patriots North come to town

White Out

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Agreed that Nichols on one of his good days is very good, but I posit that Willy on his good days was also very good, and we know how that went. With Nichols, I think that if he was having an "on" day with the defence playing as well as if has on good days, yes, the Bombers could well win the Grey Cup . However, there are two problems with that scenario: you have to win three games in a row against the best teams and then all the stars have to align on Grey Cup Sunday. Those are pretty long odds and equivalent to quitting your job because you bought a lottery ticket.

I know my comment was pretty good... but I don't think quoting it 15 times was really necessary! :) 

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

whats frustrating for me is that we have not put in Strevler when Nichols is struggling for two games in a row.  I get not wanting to yank him in his first off game so that he can try and work through/past it..  But in TO in the second half why not put strevler in to switch things up so that at least the Defense has to think of something else like the QB running forward, or rolling out and give us a chance to make a play.

DO SOMETHING.

AS much as i love this team and for the most part the coaches, they make some very frustrating decisions often enough that its a problem.

Would i rather be a fan of BC, MTL,TO, EDM, Ssk,HAM? no.. I rather have out team.. but i rather we do something when nothing it working vs the same old. 

This team top to bottom struggles mightily on making any sort of mid game adjustments.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Jeffcoat on the 6. That just sucks.

It sure does. The guy was always one of my 3 stars. Well, that gets him back for game 14/15. Just enough time to get in game shape and ready for the playoffs. Better now than too late in the season.

On 2019-08-04 at 1:28 PM, Doublezero said:

Based on the last two games we are trending in the wrong direction and I don't like our chances. Lifetime we are 92 wins vs 111 losses against Stamps. O'Shea's record is  50W vs 45L as a head coach while Dickhead who disparages Canadians is 41W vs 11L with 3 Grey Cup appearances in a row. Even with BLM out and with Calgary probably having less talent than the Bombers overall, we seem to have significant deficits at HC QB and DC - and that will be our undoing. Stumps by 18.

Apt prediction.

- Nobody Ever

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Apt prediction.

- Nobody Ever

I'll hand it to MOS for the decision to put Streveler in at the end - prob saved the game. Two kick return TDs by Grant and a last minute bounce into the arms of Winston Rose helped as well.  But if you take away Grant's two kick return TDs (never happened before in Bomber history)  and Hallet's fumble recovery which led to a FG (at the 20 it should've been a TD but Nichols slid short of the 1st down) then we'd have lost by 17.  We won, I'm happy! But still don't have much confidence in them. And they don't look like they have much confidence either.

12 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I'll hand it to MOS for the decision to put Streveler in at the end - prob saved the game. Two kick return TDs by Grant and a last minute bounce into the arms of Winston Rose helped as well.  But if you take away Grant's two kick return TDs (never happened before in Bomber history)  and Hallet's fumble recovery which led to a FG (at the 20 it should've been a TD but Nichols slid short of the 1st down) then we'd have lost by 17.  We won, I'm happy! But still don't have much confidence in them. And they don't look like they have much confidence either.

Lol again another, "if things that happened didnt happen, the results would have been different!"