GDT: Bombers vs Ottawa

Jpan85

First of all great game.....our D up front is the best in the league ...no doubt BUT opposition qbs. seem to be able to move at will against our secondary...Not convinced we are a complete team until we get these guys to play a receiver closer and for cripes sake add something to stop a drive....Not taking away the pic by Rose/Fenner but they were getting beat badly all night...as well as our other guys in the secondary...Is it Ritchie Hall's old style play calling of playing too far off a receiver...If it is it has to be corrected.....Otherwise we were lights out and I can see this club going a long way this season...

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Straight from RF.com

"The Bombers won the game basically on a blown coverage and a stupid turnover on ST on the Redblack 5 yard line. Count me in as a guy who doesn’t think the Bombers are playing great football despite their 3-0 record."

Lmao.... yup we just smashed the team you lost to two weeks ago without our best defensive player and losing our QB and WR. Good luck winning against anyone other than TO.

Jokes on him, I already counted Rock as an idiot years ago 

Just now, Stickem said:

First of all great game.....our D up front is the best in the league ...no doubt BUT opposition qbs. seem to be able to move at will against our secondary...Not convinced we are a complete team until we get these guys to play a receiver closer and for cripes sake add something to stop a drive....Not taking away the pic by Rose/Fenner but they were getting beat badly all night...as well as our other guys in the secondary...Is it Ritchie Hall's old style play calling of playing too far off a receiver...If it is it has to be corrected.....Otherwise we were lights out and I can see this club going a long way this season...

Ottawa had like 250 total yards. The DBs were fine. Ottawa is a duck n chuck O.. They make big plays or none at all. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Alexander was the guy blowing it in zone...along with the fact we were running double A gap blitzes, or other blitzes with both our LB's on every 2nd and long leaving that dig open as we had no one underneath it.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Ottawa had like 250 total yards. The DBs were fine. Ottawa is a duck n chuck O.. They make big plays or none at all. 

They were making big plays....and that's the problem...I didn't see a shut down secondary ....sorry

They were making big plays....and that's the problem...I didn't see a shut down secondary ....sorry

32 possessions with no TD's....and about 8 turnovers in there.

It's pretty well locked down.  I'm not a huge fan of Hall blitzing so much and leaving our coverages without that underneath/2nd level support from the LB's.  We have the DL to blitz a lot less for pressure.  Part of pressure is taking away quick reads for QB's and making them hold the ball.

I don't give a crap about how many yds. they move down field on us...if they result in scores...I don't likey

Welcome to Football where the other team also makes plays. Bombers made more. This game wasn't close. The TOP.. Yards and everything says it wasn't close. 

PS: the D has now given up 1 TD in 3 games and zero in the last 9 quarters

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I don't give a crap about how many yds. they move down field on us...if they result in scores...I don't likey

Wait what ... you don’t give a crap about yards but you’re complaining? About what? One touchdown in three games? 

Thats a big yikes from me 

20 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Straight from RF.com

"The Bombers won the game basically on a blown coverage and a stupid turnover on ST on the Redblack 5 yard line. Count me in as a guy who doesn’t think the Bombers are playing great football despite their 3-0 record."

Lmao.... yup we just smashed the team you lost to two weeks ago without our best defensive player and losing our QB and WR. Good luck winning against anyone other than TO.

You can apply the same logic to Fajardo that was applied to Davis. He's had his success against awful defences. Reality is coming very soon and will smack them hard.

Just now, Mike said:

Wait what ... you don’t give a crap about yards but you’re complaining? About what? One touchdown in three games? 

Thats a big yikes from me 

Hey I don't like any points against...Sure we've been very sound defensively I'm just pointing out where we could be a lot better...Tends to win Cups

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

You can apply the same logic to Fajardo that was applied to Davis. He's had his success against awful defences. Reality is coming very soon and will smack them hard.

Wait until Arbuckle throws for 500 yards against them and they start talking about how many 3rd round picks it will take to trade for him.