Justin Goltz

Certainly wasn't impressed with Goltz today. Hall moved the ball a bit but took a beating thanks to Shannon Boatman the blue and gold turnstile. I saw Boatman literally standing around while Esk defenders blew right past him. Give Boatman his walking papers. I'd rather see Jake Thomas as RT the rest of the season then put up with no.60

We didn't release Elliott and Brink because they thought Buck was the man. They were relased because they felt they weren't going to be the "next one". If they were confident in buck it wouldn't have mattered who the back ups were

Hall is very accurate. I think he'd be successful of we had an o line. Goltz is done. Might as well release him now and bring someone else in. Don't waste a roster spot.

Moving away from Buck Pierce has allowed us to audition our other QBs.

Justin Goltz was 1st up...and now should be sat down.

Taking everything into consideration...he's going to be acting in the off season.

Hall's up next and should provide some needed playmaking.

But it shouldn't end there.

I don't think Boltus is the answer, I'm more intrigued to see what Levi Brown can bring.

7 games left for auditions...let's not waste these games.

And oh yeah, we absolutely have to get rid of Boatman. It's real a sad thing he still is on our roster.

Moving away from Buck Pierce has allowed us to audition our other QBs.

Justin Goltz was 1st up...and now should be sat down.

Taking everything into consideration...he's going to be acting in the off season.

Hall's up next and should provide some needed playmaking.

But it shouldn't end there.

I don't think Boltus is the answer, I'm more intrigued to see what Levi Brown can bring.

7 games left for auditions...let's not waste these games.

And oh yeah, we absolutely have to get rid of Boatman. It's real a sad thing he still is on our roster.

Gonna keep your sig at the bottom? If so, change it to the little Goltz that can't.

Goltz just looks lost... Needs a qb coach or mentor to get him focused.

Hall should start because he's more poised, but as I said before he really doesn't have the physical tools.

Maybe he would do better behind a better o line.

Next year bring in Collaros or Glenn or whoever they can get. I'll take Burris why not

he didn't get a lot of time to throw, but when he did, Goltz looked pretty lost half the time- held on to the ball too long and turned it over twice. His long successful long throws seem to always be contested - a sign of an underthrown ball.  As said by another poster, he is a good straight line runner, but not evasive whatsoever, certainly not as evasive as Reilly.  Consistently gets caught in the backfield.  Five starts and not one OK outing (closest was BC game), let alone good outing. 

Over the past 25 years, a quarterback who has not strung together a few good outings by their tenth start will almost certainly not become a bonifide starting QB in the CFL.  Only exceptions are Calvillo and maybe McManus.  I guess Goltz technically would have a few starts left before he hits that magical 10-game mark, but given that he hasn't shown any progress over the past two months, I'd be surprised if he ever starts again.  Probably just get in the game when near the opposition goal line or short yardage situations. 

I think we will see Hall start for 4 or 5 games and possibly one or both of the other two for the remaining 2 or 3 since there's a good chance of injury.

Not a good game by Goltz. Didn't think it was a good game by Hall either though. He definitely moved the ball a little better, but he also threw into tight coverage an awful lot. Go back and watch all of his throws, there are several that were contested and probably should have been picked.

I thought the bigger problem was the OL. Hall's got a faster release so he is able to minimize that a little more than Goltz but neither is going to have success with that line. They are hilariously bad.

And this coaching staff still blows chunks. It should not have been such a monumental task to scheme against Edmonton on both sides of the ball.

Our coaches are so dumb that they probably don't realize even now, that Goltz is NOT the next franchise QB. He just can't make decisions fast enough, and is certainly not elusive in the backfield. You can work with him all you want...it's simply not going to work. His accuracy for the most part is pitiful, and everyone can make all the excused for him they want, but it's not going to ever change enough. To add to that he can't hang onto the ball.

Hall hasn't had enough of a chance yet. He is taking 2nd team reps, and although he does not appear to have a strong arm, and at this point forces things when we're already down 21 points, he certainly makes much quicker decisions than Goltz and gets rid of the ball in a hurry. At least he can be worked with temporarily.

Until we can swing a deal for someone else, or find someone else as other teams have done, I think Hall is the guy with Boltus and Brown as the backups.

As for Boatman? I went to practice last week and he has got to be the laziest sob that I have seen in a long time. He does whatever he can to get out of doing almost anything. He plays the same way...no passion, no drive, no nothing!