Justin Goltz

It's embarrassing to have either starting for us in a league where every team has a young QB winning games for them.  Hall isn't good enough, and it's useless to compare him to Goltz, he is clearly a more refined passer but still woefully deficient.  Couldn't score a TD against a quarter of prevent defence, constantly throwing at the safety, not setting his feet and having his passes float and flutter.  This season is done, we should treat the rest of the season as an extended exhibition and find out if there is any QB in town currently with a future in this league.

It's embarrassing to have either starting for us in a league where every team has a young QB winning games for them.  Hall isn't good enough, and it's useless to compare him to Goltz, he is clearly a more refined passer but still woefully deficient.  Couldn't score a TD against a quarter of prevent defence, constantly throwing at the safety, not setting his feet and having his passes float and flutter.  This season is done, we should treat the rest of the season as an extended exhibition and find out if there is any QB in town currently with a future in this league.

Actually, we should have done that in the last half of last season...  instead Burke fell in love with Buck's dreamy eyes.

Now, it seems we may have ruined Goltz before he ever developed - it will take a while to get any confidence.

Next up, Boltus!

Actually, we should have done that in the last half of last season...  instead Burke fell in love with Buck's dreamy eyes.

Now, it seems we may have ruined Goltz before he ever developed - it will take a while to get any confidence.

Next up, Boltus!

Goltz has been with the Bombers for 3 years. Just when was the right time for him to be developed? It was more than time to get him on the field. How many meetings can he go to if he still doesn't get it?

Next up, Boltus!

Goltz has been with the Bombers for 3 years. Just when was the right time for him to be developed? It was more than time to get him on the field. How many meetings can he go to if he still doesn't get it?

I would have given Goltz another year or two as a real backup...  yeah, now it might be too late

Developing a QB takes a long time, Durant sat on the sidelines for three years I think and then still had (has) his meltdowns...  same with Kevin Glenn, etc...

The only thing that might speed this process up is beefing up our QB coaching staff including an ex-CFL QB on staff... but we're probably paying too many ex-employees to do that now.

Next up, Boltus!

I would have given Goltz another year or two as a real backup...  yeah, now it might be too late

Developing a QB takes a long time, Durant sat on the sidelines for three years I think and then still had (has) his meltdowns...  same with Kevin Glenn, etc...

The only thing that might speed this process up is beefing up our QB coaching staff including an ex-CFL QB on staff... but we're probably paying too many ex-employees to do that now.

I'm with Wally in BC...he says what he does is... if a QB is not showing progress after two years he is gone! So in that event Justin would be gone and we wouldn't be talking about him. We need to see if any of the remaining three have what it takes for the long haul.

Lots of knob polishing for Buono on here!  Well, if that's the case,maybe we should start by setting up a development system like BC...

Add QB Coach

Add another trainer

Hire a dedicated scout - not sure who our regional scouts are but BC is pretty loaded with scouting guys

Hire a top mgmt trio with CFL exp

Hold a ton of free agent camps

Heck, they even signed Buck so he could council Lulay on how to play through injuries and concussions!  Those guys have it covered!

Lots of knob polishing for Buono on here!  Well, if that's the case,maybe we should start by setting up a development system like BC...

Add QB Coach

Add another trainer

Hire a dedicated scout - not sure who our regional scouts are but BC is pretty loaded with scouting guys

Heck, they even signed Buck so he could council Lulay on how to play through injuries and concussions!  Those guys have it covered!

Start with "find a billionaire owner who can use millions in yearly losses on operations as a tax write-off" and we'll have a chance to fulfill the rest.

Add QB Coach

Add another trainer

yes, and you just polished the knob of the whole BC system

Add QB Coach

Add another trainer

I was just joining in... and yes, it deserves knob polishing.

I guess we could start with:

Find a GM who listens to his scouts and personnel.

That's might be an attainable goal for the BoD... then again, um...

Hey, my arm is almost as strong as Hall's.  

That said, we have to go with Max Factor....at least he will make some reads and get the ball off.  Goltz looks completely overwhelmed mentally, and is seriously regressing, at this point.  All we see from Justin is bad decisions, bad throws, and bad ball protection. 

If all else (Hall) fails....we can start yet another "era".

Add QB Coach

Add another trainer

I was just joining in... and yes, it deserves knob polishing.

I guess we could start with:

Find a GM who listens to his scouts and personnel.

That's might be an attainable goal for the BoD... then again, um...

He said "knob polishing".

ARR ARR ARR

well after listening to the coaches show be awfully surprised if we see Goltz playing again... too bad Burke was one of Goltz most public supporters last year and in the offseason and was obviously a driving force in him being bumped up to #2 at the expense of Brink and Elliott. Damn it Burke we're paying for your stupid player preferences. 

well after listening to the coaches show be awfully surprised if we see Goltz playing again... too bad Burke was one of Goltz most public supporters last year and in the offseason and was obviously a driving force in him being bumped up to #2 at the expense of Brink and Elliott. Damn it Burke we're paying for your stupid player preferences. 

We're paying for lots of Burke's "stupids"

We could blame injuries to the OL... but I actually thought we played better with Thomas and Pencer on the right side, ha.

So did I actually, Thomas fought hard out there.Whats with all the Max Hall love? He wasn't any better than Goltz. Burke is the one who said he expected Goltz & Hall to be better than Elliot and Brink this year. Well it looks that couldn't be any less true.

Thomas didn't embarrass himself because he has quicker feet than our olinemen. I have never seen such an assembly of olinemen with concrete shoes, the scouting on these guys must have been non-existent, if an olinemen can't move his feet then he is going to fail at the professional level.

Sorenson and Boatman both probably have the slowest, and second slowest feet in the league. I find that Geaves isn't too bad, but struggles holding onto his blocks. Pencer Looked fairly solid... made some mistakes but did fairly well. just needs to be a little more consistent... hopefully that will come with more time.

The only truly good Lineman we have is Glenn January. Swiston, Pencer and Greaves are the only other ones worth keeping around. Hopefully we find another legit Import T, and pick up a guy in FA, then find some gems in the draft. We truly need to re-build the entire unit.

A great example of Halls terrible arm is that pass to Kito Poblah against the Ticats in the back of the end zone. Kito was wide open and should have went up for the ball, but if Hall had a stronger arn, the DB was way to far away to be able to make a play on the ball and cause a drop.

Max Hall is unfortunately our best QB, but we need to do better.

A great example of Halls terrible arm is that pass to Kito Poblah against the Ticats in the back of the end zone. Kito was wide open and should have went up for the ball, but if Hall had a stronger arn, the DB was way to far away to be able to make a play on the ball and cause a drop.

Max Hall is unfortunately our best QB, but we need to do better.

If we're thinking of the same play, Hall sailed it on him but it had nothing to do with needing a stronger arm. It wasn't like he had reached the limitations of his arm strength on a 30 yard throw, he just thought he was serving up an easy 6 for his receiver (which he was) and he forgot that he threw it to the guy who has boulders for hands.

I looked at some of the "highlights" of that game, Hall might be OK if he had more time in the pocket, but he doesn't so he was just pitching the ball up and hoping the receiver came down with it. If we go with him we're likely to see a bunch of interceptions, will just be a matter of whether or not the receivers can make more plays than other teams dbs (not going to bet on the receivers we're throwing to now.)

I looked at some of the "highlights" of that game, Hall might be OK if he had more time in the pocket, but he doesn't so he was just pitching the ball up and hoping the receiver came down with it. If we go with him we're likely to see a bunch of interceptions, will just be a matter of whether or not the receivers can make more plays than other teams dbs (not going to be on the receivers we're throwing to now. 

I really agree with this... Hall didn't have the time for ANY of his routes to properly develop ALL GAME (Goltz didn't either)

Both QB's were basically forced to throw balls before they knew for certain that their receiver was going to get to the right spot first (or at all) OR try to put the ball into extremely tight windows because the window that they want to hit won't be open soon enough.

I mean Boatman wasn't even slowing down his guy on the blind side half the time.... Edm didn't need to blitz to get blitz level pressure on the QB

I looked at some of the "highlights" of that game, Hall might be OK if he had more time in the pocket, but he doesn't so he was just pitching the ball up and hoping the receiver came down with it. If we go with him we're likely to see a bunch of interceptions, will just be a matter of whether or not the receivers can make more plays than other teams dbs (not going to be on the receivers we're throwing to now. 

I really agree with this... Hall didn't have the time for ANY of his routes to properly develop ALL GAME (Goltz didn't either)

Both QB's were basically forced to throw balls before they knew for certain that their receiver was going to get to the right spot first (or at all) OR try to put the ball into extremely tight windows because the window that they want to hit won't be open soon enough.

I mean Boatman wasn't even slowing down his guy on the blind side half the time.... Edm didn't need to blitz to get blitz level pressure on the QB

and a lot of times it seemed like Goltz was ready to throw then felt the pressure and tried to tuck it and run but the defense was having none of that. That guy just looks like he's lost all confidence in the passing game and was trying too much to use the legs as a crutch rather than a change of pace. 

There were times when Goltz just hung onto the ball too long & looked indecisive passing. Can't just blame the OL even though as a group they are gruesome. Goltz couldn't get the ball out quick enough. There were plays when he had the time but didn't know how to find an open receiver. On the zone read Goltz looked clueless at times making the right decision. Goltz had a hard time reading the D End & OLB & I don't understand why as the rules are pretty simple. I didn't watch much of the second half as I had to go out so I honestly can't comment on the way Hall played. From what I saw Goltz was dismal.

There were times when Goltz just hung onto the ball too long & looked indecisive passing. Can't just blame the OL even though as a group they are gruesome. Goltz couldn't get the ball out quick enough. There were plays when he had the time but didn't know how to find an open receiver. On the zone read Goltz looked clueless at times making the right decision. Goltz had a hard time reading the D End & OLB & I don't understand why as the rules are pretty simple. I didn't watch much of the second half as I had to go out so I honestly can't comment on the way Hall played. From what I saw Goltz was dismal.

but that's what I'm saying when I say that he's lost all confidence. He had times but he didn't pull the trigger cause he's expecting to get blasted, he's trying to use his legs too much because he's got no confidence in throwing the ball. It's sad to see when it's so into a guys head that he can't do the simple things right. He's really fallen back onto just running the ball. Hall was at least getting the ball away, but it was so rushed most times it ended up just being heaved in the general direction of a receiver hoping they'd come down with it rather than the dbs. All he could really do but it certainly wasn't a fantastic game either.