Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Holley would be a good signing. Bring him in with Posey, and we’re looking at a very good offense next season. 

Adams, Wolitarsky, Holley, Posey, and Petermann/Simonise...   I like the sounds of that.   If its Simonise and not Peterman man we'd have a tall receiving core. The shortest guy would be 6'2 with two of them being 6'4 and higher.  

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

He would've easily gone number one overall if he wasn't NFL bound. 

Plus he's a Winnipeg boy, so we don't have to worry about him bolting home like Chung. 

I'm not concerned about that either..  I think he's got more ability than Chung.  I was just hoping that chung would replace Nuefeld.  Think we also need to use one of our picks on an offensive lineman now. Someone who can fill in for Nuefeld if he gets injured and who can replace Gray when he potentially moves to tackle down the road.

Well hopefully our new o-line can block cause Nichols aint getting any faster and I cant count how many times last year the line gave him tons of time yet he got happy feet and still ate a sack. Losing Goossen and Chung isn't making me feel better about Nichols' 2019 outlook.

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Well hopefully our new o-line can block cause Nichols aint getting any faster and I cant count how many times last year the line gave him tons of time yet he got happy feet and still ate a sack. Losing Goossen and Chung isn't making me feel better about Nichols' 2019 outlook.

My hope on that is that Nichols isn't playing on a bum knee all year this season. If not I would like to see even more of a two qb system than we had last season. 

19 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Must be a bottomless pit of money out there on the coast...Where the hell are they getting all of the coin???

Here are the penalties for violating the CFL salary cap.

"For the first $100,000 over the cap, the fine is the equivalent of the amount by which the limit has been exceeded. For any amount over $100,000, penalties range from a minimum of a $25,000 fine and the loss of one second-round draft pick to a maximum of a $250,000 fine and the loss of three draft picks."

Given that the Lions have already traded away picks to the point that they don't pick until 24th this year, do you think they are really deterred by these penalties?

1 minute ago, Jaxon said:

The Esks were willing to match BC's offer for Reilly, so I suspect they will offer that same amount to BLM

Their statement about matching Reilly's offer i think was mostly PR.  I mean it's likely true but they just didn't want to be blamed for it. They want their fans to know that he decided to play elsewhere.

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Their statement about matching Reilly's offer i think was mostly PR.  I mean it's likely true but they just didn't want to be blamed for it. They want their fans to know that he decided to play elsewhere.

Yeah, but Reilly was pretty clear that he was happy to be back with Hervey. That remains a disaster for the Esks. 

Just now, Colin Unger said:

I don't disagree with you, but if I were Edmonton, I would throw that number at BLM,  if he comes, your fans are satisfied, if not, you push Calgary's numbers up preventing them from using money elsewhere.