Game Day Thread- Week Seventeen, GAME 15: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ REDBLACKS October 5th, 2018

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Lol. They trailed once and had a 15 point lead with 3 minutes left. Bombers aren't the lucky ones tonight... They were the better team overall. Its funny ppl want the Ottawa DC here so bad.. Thats a good D and great O in Ottawa but we were better tonight. 

Bombers blew a 15 point lead with 4:34 left. In the end it came down to an OT fumble by Sinopoli with Redblacks on the doorstep with all the momentum. I call that lucky. They almost lost a game they should have put away.

Just now, 17to85 said:

Disagree all you like, but in the middle of the game the D did a real good job.

I agree - in the middle of the game the D did a real good job - but there is more than a middle - there is a beginning and an end. And the Bomber Defense is not very good at ends. Thankfully Bighill forced the fumble and it was game over. However and can not even begin to emphasize this - the game should have never gotten to OT. Richie Hall's defense as usual sagged and almost self destructed in the 4th quarter - which has happen way to many times during his tenure IMHO.

Just now, Doublezero said:

Bombers blew a 15 point lead with 4:34 left. In the end it came down to an OT fumble by Sinopoli with Redblacks on the doorstep with all the momentum. I call that lucky. They almost lost a game they should have put away.

Lol. Almost gave away? They didnt tho. I swear some of just look for every reason to crap on them. How many of you expected a W tonight tho? None? 

Just now, Doublezero said:

The redblacks had no answers for the bombers O all game. They scored in OT we still had a chance to beat them in mini game 2. The Bombers O was really good this game.

Just now, BBRT said:

I agree - in the middle of the game the D did a real good job - but there is more than a middle - there is a beginning and an end. And the Bomber Defense is not very good at ends. Thankfully Bighill forced the fumble and it was game over. However and can not even begin to emphasize this - the game should have never gotten to OT. Richie Hall's defense as usual sagged and almost self destructed in the 4th quarter - which has happen way to many times during his tenure IMHO.

Lots of that is poor tackling tho. Thats not on the DC. Some of it is also... Ottawa is a good team. 

Just now, BBRT said:

Ritchie Hall didn't call for a db to fall down. He didn't call for the refs to give generous spots. **** off with this nonsense. There's two teams out there, was a back and forth game and the Bombers won as they deserved to.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our D has to be stellar for us to win in the playoffs. That is my entire point. 

Bombers 456 total offense, Ottawa 455 total offense.

Those are big numbers but with the lopsided possession time it really shows the difference in the two offenses. Ottawa can strike quick, we can't, we still have trouble pushing the ball downfield for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Those are big numbers but with the lopsided possession time it really shows the difference in the two offenses. Ottawa can strike quick, we can't, we still have trouble pushing the ball downfield for some reason. 

Our OC is a fool at times. Goes away from Whats working.. Harris was and they went away from him in the 3rd. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I'd rather our O tonight.  Ottawa relied a lot on favourable officiating to extend several drives and get some points on the board.  For instance a clear Harris lateral that was called a forward pass.  FG there.  Ellingson's "catch" on the last drive of the 4th.  Sinopoli's spot in OT and the JFG TD drive which gave OTT a full yard they didn't attain and allowed a 3rd down sneak which would have been a longer gamble, and Fogg's "stumble" aided by a pretty significant shot by JFG.

We rarely get those calls.  Time of possession is huge, and our O could have put up a couple more TD's to salt this one away early.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I have to talk stupid when im replying to it. 

No, you talked **** with me saying I'm never happy with a win. Been a fan of this team since 1965.I have reservations about how we won & why but don't mistake that with not being happy we won which is an unfair thing to say.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Out of curiosity... Where is the eye in the sky on spots. Cuz ref legit gave Ottawa an extra yard and a half there. Wheres the eye in the sky to catch that. 

HE literally marked the ball backwards and then took a yard step forward and remarked the ball, MOS even reenacted the spot to the head ref who had no idea what was going on