Game Day Thread- Week Seventeen, GAME 15: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ REDBLACKS October 5th, 2018

Just now, Goalie said:

Not sure if its that one or the Ellingson catch... Where the ball obviously hit the ground.. Ball even moved when it did. Ellingson trapped it. 

I think they got Ellinson’s catch right but they did screw that one spot up because Sinopoli had the ball facing back but the spot was where his back went out. They also missed the Ottawa consecutive offsides on Tydall’s 2 big stops.

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Out of curiosity... Where is the eye in the sky on spots. Cuz ref legit gave Ottawa an extra yard and a half there. Wheres the eye in the sky to catch that. 

I would love some clarification on this mythical eye in the sky and when/why it graces us with the occasional buzz down.  There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens.

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, you talked **** with me saying I'm never happy with a win. Been a fan of this team since 1965.I have reservations about how we won & why but don't mistake that with not being happy we won which is an unfair thing to say.

Wow, I had completely forgotten that you've been a fan that long because it's been at least a day since you last mentioned it!

From what I saw Nichols actually played a normal game where he didn't hesitate and/or had the ability to look at this 2nd read and throw it to the guy.

I thought Ottawa's defense had made plenty of dirty plays throughout the night... 

LaPo was a bit cute at times but it was good how they spread the ball out.

Me thinks this is Dressler's last season... 

Overall good game and wish that it didn't had to go to OT because we outplayed them for 3.5 quarters of the game...

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I take it personal? So are you the kettle or the pot? Whatever. I don't even recall talking to you before you weighed in. 

You do and this post sums it up pretty well in my opinion. Its not about you.. You are just some guy on the internet.. Thats all you really are. Its just annoying reading some posts after wins and yours stuck out to me. Oh well.. Welcome to a message board where opinions differ. 

Edited by Goalie

Did anyone else see offside on Ottawa during our last play, on offence, in regulation?  It was the play where Nichols got sacked and we had to punt.  They showed the replay, but it was from behind Ottawa’s line, so I saw I guy jump, but couldn’t tell if he was off.  Live, it definitely looked like he was offside.

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

Did anyone else see offside on Ottawa during our last play, on offence, in regulation?  It was the play where Nichols got sacked and we had to punt.  They showed the replay, but it was from behind Ottawa’s line, so I saw I guy jump, but couldn’t tell if he was off.  Live, it definitely looked like he was offside.

Refs definitely favored Ottawa this game. Its pretty blatant at times.. Tonight was 1 of those times

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

Yes. They were offside by half a yard on that play and the one before it.

39 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Bombers blew a 15 point lead with 4:34 left. In the end it came down to an OT fumble by Sinopoli with Redblacks on the doorstep with all the momentum. I call that lucky. They almost lost a game they should have put away.

OT Strip by Bighill with Redblacks on the doorstep with all the momentum. I call that big time football play. They won the game.

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

OT Strip by Bighill with Redblacks on the doorstep with all the momentum. I call that big time football play. They won the game.

I know! It's great! But you can't trust this team - even with a big lead. Remember the one we lost to BC when we were up by 17? They should've shut it down. And didn't. It seems they can't. Some bonehead announcer will say oh - its just the CFL - no lead is safe. But good teams just don't do that. They button it up.

Edited by Doublezero

W!

Big win for the Blue tonight. We did what we had to do to win.

Strong performance by Matt Nichols tonight. He was the leader we need him to be.

6 different receivers.

Mixed play calling. (the only poor calls were at the 5 yard line with 2 passes...?!??)

We got a good performance from our D tonight. Posters are complaining but basically, Ottawa had 3 downs at the end..to get 10 yards. Tough to defend in any scheme.

And that ball placement at the tail end of the game. What the hell was that all about. That wasn’t even close.

In the end the right team won.

W!

25 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Wow, I had completely forgotten that you've been a fan that long because it's been at least a day since you last mentioned it!

I know & you're right.  Maybe I do mention it a bit too much & I'll try to dial it back a bit.  However, I'm proud of the fact I've been an unwavering fan of this team for so long. My apologies. Thanks sincerely for reminding me of that. 

12 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

See.... Now where is the eye in the sky on something like that?  Seriously, does anyone know what their criteria is for buzzing down to the officials?  Completely arbitrary?

The Riders go offside with their receivers all the time, rarely get called. I just accept it. When's the last time Wade Miller sent the officials a case of scotch? See?

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The redblacks had no answers for the bombers O all game. They scored in OT we still had a chance to beat them in mini game 2. The Bombers O was really good this game.

To call the O really good is a stretch. Full marks for 8 pts in OT and, thankfully, no picks in 60+ minutes. That is a classic ball control O as evidenced by TOP. But you shouldn't have to rely on Harris for 164 yds. You shouldn't have to have Medlock kick 6 FG. Nichols averaged under 10 yards per throw. Put another way, his longest throw was 19. All told they were good. Better than they have been. But they have to be better than that to be really good IMHO.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I know & you're right.  Maybe I do mention it a bit too much & I'll try to dial it back a bit.  However, I'm proud of the fact I've been an unwavering fan of this team for so long. My apologies. Thanks sincerely for reminding me of that. 

37 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Can't we just settle our differences and agree that the Riders suck?