Game Day Thread- Week Seventeen, GAME 15: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ REDBLACKS October 5th, 2018

27 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Was watching the game on mute on my phone. When I had the opportunity to turn up the volume and I heard the unmistakable voice of Rod Black, I instantly turned the volume back down and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the game. There is no excuse for his play by play other than possibly brain damage so maybe we shouldn’t make fun of him. 

It's too late. Other people have already made fun of him. On the Stamps forum they had this to say about Black ...

No sports broadcaster in modern CFL history has received such poor reviews as Rod Black. Johnny Hee-Haw Esaw and Chris Walby got some raspberries in their time but nothing near Black. Here's speculation on what ails Old Roddy:

1. Major drinking problem covered up by a shave, fresh suit and tired old tie.
2. Mental health problems causing memory loss and need to repeat.
3. Poor broadcast partner deferring to Black's need to do his own color.
4. Abject lack of knowledge of pro football rules.
5. 20/200 vision belying vanity to don spectacles.
6. He's Rod Black
7. Only game prep done is college team of starting rosters - no knowledge of anyone beyond starting 24
8. Director's ear bud is actually connected to Pee Wee Herman
9. 25 years experience? or 1 year repeated 25 times?
10. He's Rod Black
11. His wrinkle cream invading his remaining brain cells.

btw - John Wells called - he wants his wine cellar back.

Then there's this old youtube standby ...

By the way, do you think old Jack and Leo know he's a mumbling, bumbling moron? They are probably some pissed to be stuck with him.

Duane Forde obviously drew the short straw between himself and Miller/Dunigan, Cuthbert/Suitor. As bad as Forde is I actually feel sorry for him. 

On 2018-10-05 at 10:07 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Has anyone stopped that pitch play to Harris in the redzone yet?  No they haven't, get him on the edge vs a SAM or HB, TD.  Instead we run two straight dropbacks from 1st and goal from the 5 and kick a field goal.

Exactly what I was thinking.. why the fk did we not use that play? Maybe saving it so to speak for potential playoffs??  only reason I could think of for not breaking that out for one of those 2 tosses..

On 2018-10-05 at 10:18 PM, Doublezero said:

He missed a catch in OT and tipped it up. Very lucky it wasn't picked or that would have snuffed the drive and virtually ended it for Winnipeg.

He has a habit of untimely fumbles and tips for picks.

Demski, on balance, is more of a liability than an asset.

Demski is guilty of trying too hard.. cost him in sask too.. if he gets those under control, hes a big time Canadian starter..  as he is now,  hes far more an asset then liability with his versatility and passport.. 

On 2018-10-05 at 10:27 PM, Goalie said:

I have to talk stupid when im replying to it. 

Lol well played sir.

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Why wouldnt we rely on Harris? Hes getting paid to make plays. 

And he does a damn fine job of it. How someone complains about your RB getting you 160+ yards baffles me.. the guys a beast and hes more then likely to get you 100 then not.. which is a great basis for any offense. 

10 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Rod Black is such a turd.

Anyway, I'm glad they got the win. That collapse late in the game shouldn't have happened, though. Too many of those under Hall's tenure as DC, IMO.

Adam Bighill needs to be kept long-term. He and Santos-Knox are an awesome tandem.

Best combo of LBs that we have had in a very long time.  Knox has become a monster at WIL and Bighill has come as advertised and then some..  I hope we can keep them 2 together for a long time..  SAM has been pretty good too, surprisingly.. I didn't have much faith in Gaitor or Fenner to be honest..