Game Day Thread- Week Fifteen, GAME 13: Als @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers September 2, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

IT'S GAME DAY!!!! Bring on the Johnny Manziels !!!!!

mtl-vs-wpg.jpg

GAME 13 | MONTREAL ALOUETTES (3-9) at WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS (5-7)

THE 4-1-1

Kickoff: 7:30 p.m., Friday; Investors Group Field, Winnipeg
TV: TSN, RDS, ESPN+
Radio: CJOB
The forecast: Sunny with a high of 14C, periods of rain overnight with a low of 5C.
Vegas line: The Bombers are favoured by 10.5 points.
Streaks: Montreal: 1L; Winnipeg: 4L
Home/Road: Montreal is 2-4 on the road; the Bombers are 3-3 at home.
Series: The Alouettes lead the all-time series (since 1961) 48-45-2.
Recent history: The Bombers crushed the Alouettes 56-10 in Montreal during a Week 2 matchup back on June 22nd. Winnipeg has won four straight against the Als, dating back to dropping their 2016 season opener to Montreal and is 11-4 in its last 15 meetings against the Larks.

(Thanks to Ed Tait)

Depth-vs-montreal-1-1600x1107.jpg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

We've had a bye week to try and refocus the team, it had better count.

With 6 games left, I think we gotta get to 9-9 minimum to get a shot at crossing over or traveling for the WSF.

I have no problem going back to Nichols for the remaining 6, but he and O'Shea should know this 6-game stretch is the last chance to buy good will back with the fan base.

4 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

We've had a bye week to try and refocus the team, it had better count.

With 6 games left, I think we gotta get to 9-9 minimum to get a shot at crossing over or traveling for the WSF.

I have no problem going back to Nichols for the remaining 6, but he and O'Shea should know this 6-game stretch is the last chance to buy good will back with the fan base.

So, you think BC is going to win 4 more games (out of 7) and either Montreal or Toronto will win 5 more (out of 6 and 7 respectively)? 

I don't see that happening. I think the Bombers could crossover with a 8-10 record, which means BC gets 3 wins and Toronto and Montreal getting a maximum of 4 wins. 

I'm not hoping for a 8-10 season, by any means. I want them to win the next 6.

But as they say, Cs get degrees! And once you're in, anyone can win. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, you think BC is going to win 4 more games (out of 7) and either Montreal or Toronto will win 5 more (out of 6 and 7 respectively)? 

I don't see that happening. I think the Bombers could crossover with a 8-10 record, which means BC gets 3 wins and Toronto and Montreal getting a maximum of 4 wins. 

I'm not hoping for a 8-10 season, by any means. I want them to win the next 6.

But as they say, Cs get degrees! And once you're in, anyone can win. 

Likely not, but I have seen Wally Buono steal games he wasn't supposed to win before, and with our current losing streak I'd rather not cut it too close with the Leos.

It'd also be good to get a little momentum heading into the playoffs so we got a little confidence.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So if the offense actually does anything do we give credit to Lapolice and Nichols for buckling down and working hard over the bye week and fixing the problems, or do we just say "yup, Dressler is the straw stirring the drink for the passing game"?

If the Bomber success hinges on the return of one aging, brittle receiver, they are boned.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

Likely not, but I have seen Wally Buono steal games he wasn't supposed to win before, and with our current losing streak I'd rather not cut it too close with the Leos.

It'd also be good to get a little momentum heading into the playoffs so we got a little confidence.

I have also seen him loose games that he should not of.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So if the offense actually does anything do we give credit to Lapolice and Nichols for buckling down and working hard over the bye week and fixing the problems, or do we just say "yup, Dressler is the straw stirring the drink for the passing game"?

Nope, we say we just beat Montreal... I guess we're not the worst team in the league.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

Nope, we say we just beat Montreal... I guess we're not the worst team in the league.

Exactly the response I expect. 

If we win, it won't matter around here. "It's just Montreal, so it changes nothing" 

Then we'll get another week of BS about MOS being an *expletive* and Nichols being the worst QB in the league. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Exactly the response I expect. 

If we win, it won't matter around here. "It's just Montreal, so it changes nothing" 

Then we'll get another week of BS about MOS being an *expletive* and Nichols being the worst QB in the league. 

It's because the game is against Montreal. The worst team in the league. A team we beat 56-10 last time we played them and we had to start our rookie QB. Doesn't look like they will win any more games this year. They are starting a QB who has 2 games of CFL experience and who hasn't looked good in either of them. 

We need to beat a +.500 team before it means anything.

FTR: I haven't called MOS an "Expletive" or Nichols the worst QB in the league. I have said that MOS isn't even an average HC and that Nichols is playing like crap this year. Both are true statements.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

It's because the game is against Montreal. The worst team in the league. A team we beat 56-10 last time we played them and we had to start our rookie QB. Doesn't look like they will win any more games this year. They are starting a QB who has 2 games of CFL experience and who hasn't looked good in either of them. 

We need to beat a +.500 team before it means anything.

FTR: I haven't called MOS an "Expletive" or Nichols the worst QB in the league. I have said that MOS isn't even an average HC and that Nichols is playing like crap this year. Both are true statements.

True enough and I should have written my response to reflect the more broad group of MOS and Nichols haters. Didn't intend to suggest you did that. I apologize. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I know but 0fer without Dressler and the offense was putrid in his absence, so what other assumption can we make?

that defences have Nichols figured out and have game planned to push him into making plays he's not comfortable with.  all the weapons are back tonight, so if Matt doesn't have a 300 yd passing game and Harris 100+ total yards, it's a failure to me.   This is a team they SHOULD be able to beat down!   Montreal's defence has improved since we last played them... but that's no excuse.  It's time for the offence to have a big game, and if they can't against arguably the worst team in the league, well... time to look ahead to next season.

2 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

that defences have Nichols figured out and have game planned to push him into making plays he's not comfortable with.  all the weapons are back tonight, so if Matt doesn't have a 300 yd passing game and Harris 100+ total yards, it's a failure to me.   This is a team they SHOULD be able to beat down!   Montreal's defence has improved since we last played them... but that's no excuse.  It's time for the offence to have a big game, and if they can't against arguably the worst team in the league, well... time to look ahead to next season.

So, if the Nichols goes 22 for 28, throws 3 TDs, and the team wins by 46 points, it will be a failure? 

What bizarre thinking. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, if the Nichols goes 22 for 28, throws 3 TDs, and the team wins by 46 points, it will be a failure? 

What bizarre thinking. 

twist it whatever you want... I'm pretty sure if he put up numbers like that tonight, he'd be over 300 yards.

I trust you'll be there tonight in your Nichols jersey??