Eskimos @ Stamps

Zontar

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wish we had a safety like Woodman.  Guy can play, all over the field supporting the DB's in coverage, making plays on the ball.  Canadian too.  Something we just don't have.

It seems Loffler is never in position to make a play on the ball. More lead with the shoulder, looking for the kill shot well after the receiver has secured the ball. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Great teams have that. Could the Bombers win a game like that? I have my doubts. 

When was the last time Nichols drove the field in crunch time to win a game when tied or behind.  There was the fluke last year against Montreal.  Besides that?   Honest question... I can't remember one.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I think that Big Chris could......... jmo

Ya because you have so much supporting evidence to make that assumption lol..

Man bomber fans make me laugh.  "our backup QB is always the best and he will dominate! He can be a hero and everything.."

Seen that about Garza, Barnes, Martin, Randall, Michna, Elliott, Brohm, Marve and what's his nuts who adjusted his collar every TD..

now its streveler.  people around here.. I cant figure out how they haven't learned patience when it comes to QBs yet.

16 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Ya because you have so much supporting evidence to make that assumption lol..

Man bomber fans make me laugh.  "our backup QB is always the best and he will dominate! He can be a hero and everything.."

Seen that about Garza, Barnes, Martin, Randall, Michna, Elliott, Brohm, Marve and what's his nuts who adjusted his collar every TD..

now its streveler.  people around here.. I cant figure out how they haven't learned patience when it comes to QBs yet.

Streveler showed more then any of those guys you mentioned.   I'm sure he had more TD's and a higher QB rating then any of those guys. 

3 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

When was the last time Nichols drove the field in crunch time to win a game when tied or behind.  There was the fluke last year against Montreal.  Besides that?   Honest question... I can't remember one.

I can't either. Having said that, this offense is incapable of doing that. From poor qb play to poor receivers to bad play calling & preparation as well as a lack of adjustments, everyone associated with the Bomber offense has to take the blame. Funny how football is called the ultimate team game yet people dump on Nichols because they say he's the only problem & overlook everyone else's mistakes.  Is Nichols playing badly? Yeah but he has company on the field & in the coaches booth upstairs. 

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Streveler showed more then any of those guys you mentioned.   I'm sure he had more TD's and a higher QB rating then any of those guys. 

Joey Elliott threw for 406 yards & a TD with a 32-25 win over the Hamilton Ti Cats in Aug 2012. On the season, he threw for 2101 yards & 5 TDs. Was named CFL Player Of The Week twice that year. Streveler hasn't done that. 

45 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Then teach me....all I have is well over twenty years without a grey cup...... please teach me where patience gets us a cup. 

I say if the guy does good...and he looks good.... and he did what was asked of him.... then give him another down. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Joey Elliott threw for 406 yards & a TD with a 32-25 win over the Hamilton Ti Cats in Aug 2012. On the season, he threw for 2101 yards & 5 TDs. Was named CFL Player Of The Week twice that year. Streveler hasn't done that. 

Chris has 8 TD's in a much more limited amount of time....

12 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

First their D held Reilly & Co. to a field goal.  It's more than likely that Nichols would have needed a TD to win that game  - just way things roll 'round these parts. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ho boy, that really takes me back.  Joey 'the ego' Elliott - could only make completions against zone coverage. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I can't either. Having said that, this offense is incapable of doing that. From poor qb play to poor receivers to bad play calling & preparation as well as a lack of adjustments, everyone associated with the Bomber offense has to take the blame. Funny how football is called the ultimate team game yet people dump on Nichols because they say he's the only problem & overlook everyone else's mistakes.  Is Nichols playing badly? Yeah but he has company on the field & in the coaches booth upstairs. 

Remember Lankford? Nichols couldn't find him with an H bomb yet Streveler hits him in stride, first pass, for a long TD strike. For me that shows the difference a QB can make in a nutshell. Watch how much better the receivers are when they get passes they can actually catch.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Remember Lankford? Nichols couldn't find him with an H bomb yet Streveler hits him in stride, first pass, for a long TD strike. For me that shows the difference a QB can make in a nutshell. Watch how much better the receivers are when they get passes they can actually catch.

Also, Streveler got smacked in the face by a defender that was bearing down on him, about a half second after throwing that pass.