Week 10: Ottawa Here Friday - - O vs D

BigBlue

QB Harris came within 1 completed reception of tying a CFL record for most passes completed ever against a weak Alouette defense

The Bomber defense carried the day against Hamilton while our offense was erratic. Throwing long bombs seemed to be an exercise in futility....

Friday's game may prove more difficult than playing either Edmonton or Calgary

Ottawa is hot ... so are we

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

QB Harris came within 1 completed reception of tying a CFL record for most passes completed ever against a weak Alouette defense

The Bomber defense carried the day against Hamilton while our offense was erratic. Throwing long bombs seemed to be an exercise in futility....

It may comes down to which QB has his mojo that night. Nichols and Harris have both looked good and bad, but Nichols does not look as effective as he did last year.

I would hardly say Ottawa is 'hot' right now - they barely won against the Als last night, and the week before imploded against Toronto. They are also only .500 on the road thus far. Edmonton and Calgary are still the teams to beat. That's not to say Friday will be a cake walk - it is the CFL and anything can happen, I just think we're a better team than Ottawa overall.

As for Nichols - I think he just had an off game against the 'cats. He'll bounce back.

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Scored 24 points and threw a pick six.  Great game.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

It may comes down to which QB has his mojo that night. Nichols and Harris have both looked good and bad, but Nichols does not look as effective as he did last year.

Ottawa hot??? LOL. They barely beat the Als.  They let the Argos put up 24 points on them in the 4th quarter & lost 42-41 the game before. Like, really??? 

Image result for like, really?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Ottawa looked good due to Montreal d being not so good..and being on the field for 20 mins of the second half

We wont have that problem and if our front 7 plays as they do..and should.. Harris will wilt like a flower..he cant handle the pressure and getting smacked around..I can actually see this being a win by at least 2 majors to be honest

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ottawa looked good due to Montreal d being not so good..and being on the field for 20 mins of the second half

We wont have that problem and if our front 7 plays as they do..and should.. Harris will wilt like a flower..he cant handle the pressure and getting smacked around..I can actually see this being a win by at least 2 majors to be honest

I disagree - I believe that Harris can handle the pressure and has a good receiving corps to throw to. He lives on the short to intermediate passing game and if the Bombers play off their receivers Harris will kill them. the Ottawa OL is also pretty good. I see this as a very close game. Nichols has to be on his game for us to win.

Lots of fumbles and a brain dead move by Davis made the game closer then it was.    

I wouldn't be to worried about our offense since Ottawa looked really soft out there....   it'll come down to pressuring Harris and not allowing him to toss a million mid range passes like he did against the Als...

On 2018-08-12 at 6:35 PM, Eternal optimist said:

I would hardly say Ottawa is 'hot' right now - they barely won against the Als last night, and the week before imploded against Toronto. They are also only .500 on the road thus far. Edmonton and Calgary are still the teams to beat. That's not to say Friday will be a cake walk - it is the CFL and anything can happen, I just think we're a better team than Ottawa overall.

As for Nichols - I think he just had an off game against the 'cats. He'll bounce back.

This, every team except SSK (to our delight) has looked sharp against the Als, and it's not saying much when they gotta struggle all game up until the 4th quarter to do it.

For the record, our offense never seems to look sharp against the Tabbies June Jones defense, but thank god they did just enough to save Richie Hall's butt this last game.  Thus far Thorpe's defenses have looked fairly soft and I think Lapolice goes back to his usual short to midrange passing calls.

13 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

This, every team except SSK (to our delight) has looked sharp against the Als, and it's not saying much when they gotta struggle all game up until the 4th quarter to do it.

For the record, our offense never seems to look sharp against the Tabbies June Jones defense, but thank god they did just enough to save Richie Hall's butt this last game.  Thus far Thorpe's defenses have looked fairly soft and I think Lapolice goes back to his usual short to midrange passing calls.

You know, this agenda of yours against Hall is getting pretty old.  Hamilton scored 23 points.  Overall this year, we are second overall in points against.  We average 21.25 points against per game so far, so this last game was pretty much bang on our average.  It's true that we were a bit shaky at the start of the year but the defense has improved greatly since then.  Most of us seem to be able to recognize that, but you keep going on and on with your petty little vendetta.  So why don't you give this "saved Richie Hall's butt" crap a rest for a bit?  Thanks.

31 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

You know, this agenda of yours against Hall is getting pretty old.  Hamilton scored 23 points.  Overall this year, we are second overall in points against.  We average 21.25 points against per game so far, so this last game was pretty much bang on our average.  It's true that we were a bit shaky at the start of the year but the defense has improved greatly since then.  Most of us seem to be able to recognize that, but you keep going on and on with your petty little vendetta.  So why don't you give this "saved Richie Hall's butt" crap a rest for a bit?  Thanks.

My opinion is what it is and will stay that way.  I'm guessing you're related to him, but guess what?  Idgaf

On 2018-08-14 at 9:51 AM, USABomberfan said:

My opinion is what it is and will stay that way.  I'm guessing you're related to him, but guess what?  Idgaf

even if it's shown to be wrong? It's OK to say that Hall has stepped it up and got the D playing better. If you ignore what you see only to stick to your opinion you are just being ignorant. 

On 2018-08-14 at 3:25 PM, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 3h3 hours ago

Yesterday were maintenance days for Andrew Harris, Moe Leggett, Shayne Gauthier, and Thomas Miles, as they're all back participating at practice today. Starting DB Brandon Alexander is missing a consecutive day. Anthony Gaitor (LBI) is still a spectator.

The problem with Gaitor is that he’s a spectator even when he’s starting in the secondary ;)

10 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Any word on who is going to be starting in place of Weston Dresslor?  Is this how Flanders finally gets back into the lineup? 

I thought it was Lankford drawing in. Guess they figure they need someone to stretch the defense a bit