Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

guys in the states...and ones with hopes of furthering their careers when a chance pops up don't just train in the gym...i know from experience and are continually playing mock games with others, training in elite facilities and are game ready....Pretty sure Plesius wasn't doing that.

Don't blabber on about things that you don't really know about

And we are in no fear of cap issues either...a late season signing isn't going to hurt us in the least and I bet you see many an extension at end of the year with upfront money from this year still available...the up against the cap talk is all message board fabrication and assumptioms...and has no legitimacy to it

But Matthews was available much sooner than his recent signing. Even if he wouldn’t have been ready then, he certainly would have been by now. 

The Bombers like to sign and keep training camp personnel, along with free agents, then save some salary for extensions. 

This year, the 5th with this regime, should have been the time to add mid-season signings, especially if they are proven with CFL experience.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You seem to piss and moan a lot when we are losing, piss and moan when we are winning... 

Piss and moan when only beat teams with a sub .500 record.... piss and moan when we beat a +.500 team...

So what would you do? Who would you fire and who would you bring in? What changes to the starting line up would you make?

I'm not pissing or moaning. I'm pointing out the difference in the way the two team operate when they get to .500.

FTR: I would have signed Matthews. I would have fired Hall in the off season and yes, I know his defense had a great game this week. I'd have started Streveler for the last 2 games and I'd expect we'd still have won them because Nichols wasn't a difference maker in either game. I wouldn't have signed either Wild or Leggett in the off season. Oko, because of his salary, would have been on the bubble too. I wouldn't have gone with 11 import starters + NI's on defense.

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It's just a different philosophy. The Eskimos hit .500 in the last 3rd of the season, heads roll because that's not good enough. The Bombers hit .500 in the last 3rd of the season, and we're talking about how good we are and how we shoulda coulda woulda won more games because we is better than our record.

Classic TBurgess post there.  Might I suggest that to save time you just post something like this:

"the usual"

We'll know that it means... 

11 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Classic TBurgess post there.  Might I suggest that to save time you just post something like this:

"the usual"

May I suggest that you stop whining about my posts and just let it go. Most folks around here would likely appreciate that.

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

May I suggest that you stop whining about my posts and just let it go. Most folks around here would likely appreciate that.

Ah yes, step 2 of the  classic method.  Complain that people are complaining about you complaining.  

Of course you can suggest it.  By all means, go right ahead.  And I assume that by "most folks" you mean you and a couple of others?

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Why would we not look at a guy like Matthews?

It doesn't matter. Unless we could bundle a QB that can throw an accurate deep ball he would have just been a waste.

crying-man.gif

1 hour ago, Booch said:

guys in the states...and ones with hopes of furthering their careers when a chance pops up don't just train in the gym...i know from experience and are continually playing mock games with others, training in elite facilities and are game ready....Pretty sure Plesius wasn't doing that.

Don't blabber on about things that you don't really know about

Likewise, you're on a fan message board FFS.  Soooo much credibility posting here.  All anyone knows about you is that who you say you are, which could be true or could be completely bunk.  Don't attack anyone else on their credibility. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

That honestly annoys me a bit. Especially when you look at who the Bombers currently have on the PR. and the effort levels or lack their of, of the "#1" receiver on this team.

46 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

"the usual"

Let me be perfectly clear on where I stand. I am in pretty much agreement with TB's posts. Most of what I hear here and I want to be absolutely clear I include you "WBBFanWest" in that group - is that most of what I hear is all of the "We Could Have - We Should have" etc. etc.

The Bombers beat Edmonton - great win! They are a 500 club with an uphill battle and I have my doubts they will win more than 1 maybe 2 more games. They may or may not make it in the playoffs as a cross over. They are just not that good and that includes from the top to the bottom and I fully expect changes in 2018 regardless of what happens for the balance of the year. You have your opinion and I happen to align my thinking more closely with TB's.

2 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Let me be perfectly clear on where I stand. I am in pretty much agreement with TB's posts. Most of what I hear here and I want to be absolutely clear I include you "WBBFanWest" in that group - is that most of what I hear is all of the "We Could Have - We Should have" etc. etc.

The Bombers beat Edmonton - great win! They are a 500 club with an uphill battle and I have my doubts they will win more than 1 maybe 2 more games. They may or may not make it in the playoffs as a cross over. They are just not that good and that includes from the top to the bottom and I fully expect changes in 2018 regardless of what happens for the balance of the year. You have your opinion and I happen to align my thinking more closely with TB's.

Thank you so much for including me in that group.  I appreciate it!

Why does this team refuse to upgrade itself during the season? Why are we loathe to add players that could help us yet other teams are. I throw this at the feet of the 3 people running this team.  Every year CFL vets become available from the NFL & we take a pass. And like clockwork every year we either don't make the playoffs or make a hasty exit if we do. Sometimes it seems like Miller, Walters & O'Shea don't care.  The fans deserve much better than they get from those guys. It is absolutely mind boggling that every year we break camp with the players on the roster from training camp & end the season with them. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why does this team refuse to upgrade itself during the season? Why are we loathe to add players that could help us yet other teams are. I throw this at the feet of the 3 people running this team.  Every year CFL vets become available from the NFL & we take a pass. And like clockwork every year we either don't make the playoffs or make a hasty exit. Sometimes it seems like Miller, Walters & O'Shea don't care. It is absolutely mind boggling that every year we break camp with the players on the roster from training camp & end the season with them. 

Remember Tori Gurley?

That's the real difference, other teams got hit hard by injuries and blew through their PR guys. I don't mind rewarding a guy like Thompkins/Washington for sitting on the PR all year making squat with some game time cheques. That's just who Walters/MOS are, they are straight up guys. Maybe they could be a little more cut throat but I don't think they want the organization to be seen in that light.