Will we ever see Davis?

Blue Beard

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

you think he would have thrown the 2 yard passes to Harris and Flanders to get immediately tackled any better than Nichols was?

Maybe some mobility will help, Nichols is ice alright.  2nd and 8 throw for 3.  It's a LaPo special as well.

Edited by Blue Beard

2 minutes ago, Blue Beard said:

I assure you I am a Bomber fan.  A Rider fan would want to keep everything status quo in Bomberland.  Riders exposed and owned us but they still suck!

Makes sense -  it would just be too pathetic to be hanging out on a bomber forum after a sask win if you were a Greenie...  Welcome aboard BlueBeard...!!

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No but in a blow out game the reps are valuable to a guy like him.  And you protect nichols who got banged up late in the game after he should have been pulled. 

Yes, good points.  Also the kid wants to play, must be tough to watch a guy stink the place out and still not get a snap.  Osh needs to grow a set and use the hook.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

Nichols was almost as safe behind his O-line as he would have been on the sidelines.  He has led more than one comeback, so he was our best chance. I said "best" not "good".  We had our butts kicked in all four parts of the game- offense, defense, special teams and coaching.

I get the hope for an un probable come back. But when we turned the ball over on the 5 of the riders that should have been it. He took 2 really good shots and seemed shaken up at the end of the game. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get the hope for an un probable come back. But when we turned the ball over on the 5 of the riders that should have been it. He took 2 really good shots and seemed shaken up at the end of the game. 

Nichols was exposed, lots of time but still had happy feet and

made poor decisions.  Matty Ice Statue....

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Until Nichols threw his second interception in the end-zone, I thought the Bombers still had a good chance to win.

56 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Until Nichols threw his second interception in the end-zone, I thought the Bombers still had a good chance to win.

put that into the endzone there was still a chance, not a good one, but a chance. So yeah I don't think there was any massive error leaving Nichols in. Some peopel are just quicker to throw in the towel than others and honestly there is value to Nichols getting more snaps against the team he has to play next week. 

How hard is it going to be next week if we **** the bed again and wake up Sunday morning to the realisation that the Riders have surpassed us in 2 years of their rebuild compared to 6 years in ours? 

1 minute ago, J5V said:

HHow hard is it going to be next week if we **** the bed again and wake up Sunday morning to the realisation that the Riders have surpassed us in 2 years of their rebuild compared to 6 years in ours? 

This is a must win game, Matty Ice was a puddle when the bullets started flying.  The so called leaders have  to perform better, coaching has to improve, player personnel has to improve, game plans have to improve.  Lots to do this week.

7 minutes ago, Blue Beard said:

This is a must win game, Matty Ice was a puddle when the bullets started flying.  The so called leaders have  to perform better, coaching has to improve, player personnel has to improve, game plans have to improve.  Lots to do this week.

16 posts in and i'm tired of your shtick. Welcome to the ignore list.  Team is 7-3, they're not perfect, but be happy with 7-3 and not perfect instead of 3-7 and not perfect 

2 hours ago, J5V said:

How hard is it going to be next week if we **** the bed again and wake up Sunday morning to the realisation that the Riders have surpassed us in 2 years of their rebuild compared to 6 years in ours? 

it was a 2 score game, those two scores came largely as a result of 2 big plays, an INT and a big return, hardly the blow out some people are trying to turn it into. Clean up those plays or make a couple big plays of your own and the discussion is entirely different.  

10 hours ago, Blue Beard said:

It was 50 minutes of garbage time, a weak half hearted effort all around by a team that looked unprepared and uninspired.  Maybe Davis could have/will give them a spark?

You've made your point. Give it a rest. Nichols had 364 yards of passing.   Not good enough for you?

Edited by LeBird

12 hours ago, Blue Beard said:

It was 50 minutes of garbage time, a weak half hearted effort all around by a team that looked unprepared and uninspired.  Maybe Davis could have/will give them a spark?

You're an idiot. 

if you think 2 scores, or 3 at it's worst I believe is garbage time in the CFL you clearly don't know anything about this league. The Bombers themselves came back from 2 scores down against Montreal with like 2 minutes to play. 

That's the beauty of the CFL, it's entirely possible to make up 2 scores with a couple plays. No garbage time in that one until the very end. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

You're an idiot. 

if you think 2 scores, or 3 at it's worst I believe is garbage time in the CFL you clearly don't know anything about this league. The Bombers themselves came back from 2 scores down against Montreal with like 2 minutes to play. 

That's the beauty of the CFL, it's entirely possible to make up 2 scores with a couple plays. No garbage time in that one until the very end. 

If Nichols hadn't thrown that late INT and marched in for a score we'd have been within a TD with over 2 minutes to play.  In spite of the general awfulness of that game we had a chance.  A small chance, very small, but a chance nonetheless.