Richie Hall Owns This Defensive Stink ... Must Be Gone At Season's End

USABomberfan

Im not a fan of our soft zone D.. Im not a fan of Richie Hall... But .. The D only allowed 3 points all second half... If our O wasnt going 2 and out or turning the ball over in the redzone.. We come back and win. 2 picks in the endzone and a turnover on downs. If we score 3 Tds or even 2 and a FG.. This topic doesnt exist. 

Edited by Goalie

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and if I had a million dollars I'd be rich. 

Look we know what kind of D Ritchie Hall runs. It is frustrating to watch because it gives up yards and drives, but that's what it is and it's not changing as long as he is here

Which is why I am callin for him to be chucked out the door.

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Im not a fan of our soft zone D.. Im not a fan of Richie Hall... But .. The D only allowed 3 points all second half... If our O wasnt going 2 and out or turning the ball over in the redzone.. We come back and win. 2 picks in the endzone and a turnover on downs. If we score 3 Tds or even 2 and a FG.. This topic doesnt exist. 

I read somewhere.... cant remember where, but compared it to garbage points and yards gained by an offence, Everyone likes to point out when Willy lights it up its garbge time... defence lets up and so on, well, same thing on sunday for our defence.

7 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Which is why I am callin for him to be chucked out the door.

right, this is a problem that needs to be addressed. I still think firing him mid season would be a bad move. I think If the defence gets owned for a second weak in a row it will certainly be time for something a little more drastic, but for now if I was MOS id just be addressing this with Richie behind closed doors. I'd Start looking for a consultant... narrow down my options and see whats out there

10 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Yes, he is, he wanted Hurl n Knox here

I am no fan of Hall and his porous defense, but Hall has to work with what he has, and if Walters cannot find better players , that's that. I would love to see Walters or even O'shea show some impatience with the defense, but I'm not holding my breath.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎03 at 6:49 PM, USABomberfan said:

And was kicked out of Regina for it too

When? He was canned by Chamblin after the 2014 season, a year after helping win a championship.

20 hours ago, Blue Beard said:

If he comes out and performs it should not be an issue.   Another slow start  and it should be Davis time before it gets out of hand.

What a moronic comment.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I am no fan of Hall and his porous defense, but Hall has to work with what he has, and if Walters cannot find better players , that's that. I would love to see Walters or even O'shea show some impatience with the defense, but I'm not holding my breath.

What I'm trying to say is Hall and Walters and our scouts all have input on this.  Yes Walters would give the OK but Hall doesn't just sit in the office with the door shut while the scouts are out there.  Considering Hall knew Hurl from SSK, I'm most certain he told Walters he'd like to have him here.

On 9/3/2017 at 11:23 PM, Blue Beard said:

Nichols had the deer in the headlights  look before and after that play.  The Sask D is fast and aggressive,  he caved early and often.  Now maybe our receivers sucked tonight, they seemed blanketed even on the balls they caught.  

Our kicker is good, running backs and o-line.  Big question marks remain everywhere else and today's game has shown it.  7-3 is nice but 7-4 will be disasterous.

In what distorted version of reality is a 7-4 record ever considered a disaster?  

smh.  the weird stuff we heard on this board never ceases to amaze me.

16 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

In what distorted version of reality is a 7-4 record ever considered a disaster?  

smh.  the weird stuff we heard on this board never ceases to amaze me.

somewhere in the messes that poster  created in a day or two, is a locked thread, where Rich mentioned, that it is "roadgriller"  who Rich has kicked out thanks very much Rich.

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

somewhere in the messes that poster  created in a day or two, is a locked thread, where Rich mentioned, that it is "roadgriller"  who Rich has kicked out thanks very much Rich.

that I could totally agree.   seems similar and he hasn't been missed at all..

I cant remember which game it was, last week or the week before, where I guess the D played better and someone (I wont mention name or else the comment gets lost in a flurry of posts about the guy making the comment but it rhymes with Mawless and he lives in Las Vegas), that the D clearly had MOS' finger[prints on it as far as making changes from Hall.

Im curious as to whether MOS is trying to work in changes.  Id generally hate to see a change made mid-season but even when we were winning, it was pretty clear this D wasnt good enough. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I cant remember which game it was, last week or the week before, where I guess the D played better and someone (I wont mention name or else the comment gets lost in a flurry of posts about the guy making the comment but it rhymes with Mawless and he lives in Las Vegas), that the D clearly had MOS' finger[prints on it as far as making changes from Hall.

Im curious as to whether MOS is trying to work in changes.  Id generally hate to see a change made mid-season but even when we were winning, it was pretty clear this D wasnt good enough. 

I would guess he's attempting to mix a few things in to try and not be too predictable.  But ultimately I don't think you can scrap a defensive scheme or philosophy until the season is over.

Richie Hall is still one of the best coaches at making adjustments, but I would like to see us start faster and not give up so much so early. I always have faith, tho, no matter the score, he'll make necessary adjustments at the half because he always does... 

14 minutes ago, bb1 said:

All I know is when Hall has a decent front seven with a MLB who can cover from sideline to sideline seems like his defense is a he'll of a lot better...hmmm wonder y.??

except he has gone on record saying he doesn't use an MLB in that role.. so.. theres thaaaaat.

9 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

except he has gone on record saying he doesn't use an MLB in that role.. so.. theres thaaaaat.

Maybe what bb1 meant to say was a MLB more skilled and capable. We saw pretty good defenses under Hall in previous seasons with the Riders, so talent at such a crucial position plays an important role, IMO.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Maybe what bb1 meant to say was a MLB more skilled and capable. We saw pretty good defenses under Hall in previous seasons with the Riders, so talent at such a crucial position plays an important role, IMO.

this I would agree with.. I just get so tired of people's misconceptions of what an MLB's role is with our defense.  I don't know if Hall would change it all that much even with a more talented or capable MLB tho to be honest.  He likes to use the MLB as a way to get more open space for the WIL,SAM and DB's to make plays on the short passes/running plays.  I think he always has schemed his defenses up this way.   we don't deploy an MLB like other teams do and that irks alot of people.. but its just the way Hall does his thing.  

would a more talented MLB help? probably.. but talent might be wasted in our current defensive mindset.  a more talented WIL might be more prudent.. one to maybe rotate with Wild so he isn't hurt so often, lol.

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Halls D is the same its been everywhere hes coached. It isnt changing now. As for the MOS taking over thing .. I think that was debunked by MOS. 

I think MOS was looking to be more involved because after that defensive stink bomb against Montreal he ripped the D.  Some people don't get though that being more involved doesn't equate to taking over.