Play Calling & Offensive Schemes

BigBlue

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I am aware of his stats. He does great when its in a straight line, but from what i can see, that is more a testament to special teams' blocking rather than him making something out of nothing, like the great ones like Gizmo do.

anaylze it how you like but on Lankford returns we are frequently scrimmaging from around our 40  and that is the best i can remember in years

4 hours ago, tracker said:

I am aware of his stats. He does great when its in a straight line, but from what i can see, that is more a testament to special teams' blocking rather than him making something out of nothing, like the great ones like Gizmo do.

Blocking and a returner to hand in hand. Very rare you get a good return man who succeeds without blocking in front of him. 

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

We have a real nice mix of receivers right now, this offense is very close to being able to dominate anyone. Nicholls just needs to have a little more faith in those two guys when he gets them matched up one on one.

I think he does when they are 1 on 1 but... Thats not the case always. 

20 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I mean, we scored 39 points. Hard to complain, really. People complained about too many field goals last year, and yet we make it to the West Final if our D doesn't poop the bed.

Luckily our D-line has more Poop this year... in the good way...

As for the offense... with Harris, Flanders and Thorpe all in the game... we might have the best medium pass and YAC threats in the league...

19 hours ago, pigseye said:

Nichols just pussied out throwing the 3 yard passes when 8 was needed on second down, he even admitted as much in the post game interview.

When you have Adams and Lankford on the field, you have to throw up jump balls and trust they will make the play.

A keyboard QB calling out the play of Matt Nichols.  My only hope is that the pain of this lashing by Mr Pig doesn't affect Matt too much in the months to come.

21 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

People complain about bout only getting FGs but Medlock was able to kick 4 FGs after the Bomber offence first had drives of 45 yards, 59 yards, 43, and 43 again.  That's an offence moving the ball.  Besides the fact Hamilton didn't have the ball during these drives, those points were enough for a tie right there.

thread. winner.

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

The deal is though, that against non-Hamilton teams, we will have to finish some of those drives off......

I think you'd see us play more aggressively in those situations.  The gameplan against Hamilton seemed unusually conservative, even before we had a big lead.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I think you'd see us play more aggressively in those situations.  The gameplan against Hamilton seemed unusually conservative, even before we had a big lead.

Yeah when a team is LOL bad like Hamilton is the only way they're likely to beat you is if you make mistakes and let them get freebie points so you can play conservatively and still whoop em.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah when a team is LOL bad like Hamilton is the only way they're likely to beat you is if you make mistakes and let them get freebie points so you can play conservatively and still whoop em.

Not playing that way almost cost the Esks a win. But I think we can all admit that the Bombers need to score more TDs if they are going to beat the top tier teams. They let Hammy hang around for quite a while before they sealed the deal.