What can't be changed

BigBlue

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They both have a decent helping of truth. I worry about or lackluster systems, but more about mos being soo player friendly that the team plays half a game every game. But no one is on the hot seat or with in close sight of it imo. 

We are a mid tier quality team. With mid tier quality coaching. We are deeply invested into mos and hes earned time to see if he can take the next step forward. 

What is the next step forward? 

11 minutes ago, J5V said:

What is the next step forward? 

For our coordinators to become more flexible in their packages,schemes and calls ... to get out of their own ruts and biases

To better assess our personnel deficits and ACT on that knowledge

Increase an already good comoraderie and team spirit so more of our players are at the top of their game and more often performing "in the zone"

We are very close talent wise but not team wise

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

WE have the makings of champions ... our talent level is nearly there but our systems are not

I do agree about the coaching being suspect but think you have over-rated our talent level too. The only position we are 'championship' level at is kicking.

32 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I do agree about the coaching being suspect but think you have over-rated our talent level too. The only position we are 'championship' level at is kicking.

We also have an O-line and defensive tackles that are all-stars. Once you get past that...

10 minutes ago, pigseye said:

So how many rings do they have?

Well, you just shot yourself in the foot with that comment. Medlock doesn't have a ring but you claim he's championship calibre. Meanwhile, Andrew Harris has a ring but you don't seem to think he's championship calibre. Same with Weston Dressler.

I mean, Sam Hurl has a ring... Is he a championship calibre MLB? Julian Feoli-Gudino has a ring... Is he a championship calibre receiver?

Your logic is flawed.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, you just shot yourself in the foot with that comment. Medlock doesn't have a ring but you claim he's championship calibre. Meanwhile, Andrew Harris has a ring but you don't seem to think he's championship calibre. Same with Weston Dressler.

I mean, Sam Hurl has a ring... Is he a championship calibre MLB? Julian Feoli-Gudino has a ring... Is he a championship calibre receiver?

Your logic is flawed.

I believe Nichols has one as well. Bryant has one. Dressler has a few. Nevis doesn't but he's a top talent as well. Randle might but I'm not sure, top talent though. Fairly sure our HC has a few as well....our DC has one at least. Not sure about Lapo.

Either way, this team has the talent to play with anyone. They just gotta figure how to best use it. Anyone who doesn't think this team is talented, I'm going to assume hasn't been watching CFL football for too long.

Edited by Bigblue204

On 11/07/2017 at 5:33 PM, BigBlue said:

For our coordinators to become more flexible in their packages,schemes and calls ... to get out of their own ruts and biases

I think the only thing they need to do is get more aggressive and learn when to be aggressive and when not to be, that's what really makes the difference. Knowing when to take a shot and when not to.