BC LIONS @ MONTREAL

Mr Dee

Veteran DB Brandon Stewart signs with Montreal goo.gl/fb/mSwppW via @JDunk12 #CFL

RT .@DidierRDS   -   The #AlsMTL have signed QB Anthonio Pipkins. They now have six QBs on their roster. @CFL #CFL

GAME NOTES

-There have been 36 sacks in 8 games for an average of 4.5 per game.

-Montreal has yet to allow a QB Sack in 2017

-#BCLions with 10 defensive linemen on the depth chart for Thursday's game in Montreal #CFL

-The Alouettes-Lions game this week will seem like a BC reunion as SIX current Montreal players have been with their opponent in the past. Former Lions with Montreal now: (No of games with BC - Total: 512).........Ryan Phillips 212 Jovan Olafioye 126 Jabar Westerman 85 SJ Haidara 34 Stefan Logan 29 Ernest Jackson 26

-Jonathan Jennings is 2-0 lifetime versus the Alouettes

-Jonathon Mincy is on the 6 game injury list.

Current FG Made Streaks: An update of CFL Kickers current FG made streaks with Sean Whyte and Justin Medlock now each at over 20 in a row dating back to 2016. Justin Medlock is on the longest streak of his career (previous high: 22), while Sean Whyte has matched his previous long run (24 in 2011):

Of the seven winning teams thus far, only two have been on the positive side for Possession Time. Five losing teams have won the TOP battle and on average clubs who have lost have averaged 31:15 to 28:45 for the opposition.

This year there have been very slow starts to scoring as the by-quarter breakdown shows. Scoring in the opening quarter has averaged just 6.4 points per game and only 11% of the total:

The average points per game across the CFL through the first 8 contests is 56.1 points per game, the highest it has been since 2008 (56.2 ppg).

Among the teams with at least two games played the Lions have drawn the fewest penalties in the CFL at 6.5 per game. They have just two defensive calls against them compared to Edmonton whose defence has been flagged 13 times.

Montreal's defensive unit comes into this week ranked #2 with just 19.5 opponent offensive points allowed. Overall as a team they are #1 at 19.5 per game ahead of Toronto and BC both at 21.5 per game against.

The Argonauts lead the league with 9 sacks followed by BC Lions and Edmonton Eskimos each with five.

DeVier Posey (TOR) leads the league in receiving yards in 2017 with 218.

-Greg Ellingson has the most targets this season with 23, followed by Bryan Burnham, Marquay McDaniel and Posey each with 20.

for the sake of $678 (on a $5 sport select) i need montreal winning by 1-3 points,  Winnipeg winning by 1-3 points, and doesn't matter about the other 2 games as long as it's within 1-3 points.  (preferably Toronto and Hamilton tho i picked Sask in the pick ems)

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

7 minutes ago, Seekoy said:

TSN doing a "Truth Talk" segment with Arceneaux.

Wonder if they if will speak the truth and tell him Loffler hit Manny's reset button with a clean hit in the WSF!

Odd since they usually pump somebody from the home side

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Although I hate in-game interviews, I already like the new Commissioner because he went quiet a couple of times and let the play develop..

As has been said, Ambrosie understands the game. He actually made Rod Black work & keep describing the play instead of making the interview a gab fest. Of course, Duane Forde took a coffee break & totally ignored everything.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, this love on TSN for Jonathan Jennings... I look at him & all I see is a guy with great athletic talent who keeps making big mistakes at the most inopportune time for the Lions.

at this point shouldn't he be showing signs of learning to throw it away, instead of just letting it fly?

I too don't like the way they pick a guy and then blow him up into something more than what he is.