Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Poster

Canadian Politics

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good lord what an ass- total racist ****- you can't do that. 

Now- is Trudeau a racist? Black/Brown face 20+ years ago: Check. Advancing racist bills and/or agendas: nope. Promoting racists into positions of power: nope. Courting the racists: not that I can see. 

Anything else anyone wants to throw in there that I missed? I would like a clearer picture. 

I'd say he's screwed the pooch but then i look at the USA and anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trudeau admitted it was racist & said sorry. Again, I go back to the Liberals releasing an old video of Andrew Scheer on his views of same sex marriage. Looks like the Liberals played with fires & got their fingers burned today.

How are they the same thing? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How are they the same thing? 

 

The question is, how far back do you go before something is considered irrelevant? Maybe, just maybe political parties should just stick to what is relevant today. Not in 2009 or 1989. During the AB provincial election, the NDP released a video of a speech Jason Kenney made in San Francisco at some Youth Conservative meeting about his views on gay rights. He was very much against gay rights in this speech made circa 1989. The video was released & people just went WTF?? This is a 30 year old video. Kenney was in his 20's at the time. In response,  he said his views had changed & were no longer relevant. Instead of hurting Kenny & his Conservatives, the reaction of the public was that people change & it was over. It was a controversy for a day or 2. It made the NDP look desperate.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How are they the same thing? 

 

Trudeau and his apologists grant him the notion of one's  life and views being allowed to grow, change, learn , nuance. They do not and will not grant it to their opponents. Ever.

It's a credibility and asymmetrical standards problem that progressives still can't navigate convincingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'd say he's screwed the pooch but then i look at the USA and anything is possible.

Democrat Gov of Virginia

. Ralph Northam.

Med school year book with him in blackface and minstrel outfit with the caption "coonman". 

6 mos ago.

Still governor.

Justin ain't over.

Edited by Zontar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the hands on the woman in the photo, we dont know if JT and her were in a relationship.  But its interesting given his repeated body language towards women, like, all the time (plus the allegation from a few years ago).   I wouldn't get caught up in that aspect though.  The brown face is bad enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zontar said:

Trudeau and his apologists grant him the notion of one's  life and views being allowed to grow, change, learn , nuance. They do not and will not grant it to their opponents. Ever.

It's a credibility and asymmetrical standards problem that progressives still can't navigate convincingly.

You mean politicians are, for the most part, hypocrites...? Man, what a revelation.

And if you think this hypocrisy only afflicts progressives, you're either being ignorant or blind - or both (your stupid quote in your signature makes me lean heavily towards both). Political figures of pretty much every stripe pull this kind of crap all too often. And I'd argue it's a factor in why so many people choose not to vote these days and are to the point of disgust watching the political landscape devolve into such a pathetic ****-show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know normally I don't really give a **** about that stuff, I don't consider it super racist, bad taste sure but it's not like it's some attack on a race, however when Trudeau does it considering how sanctimonious he gets about **** like this then string him up cause when you pretend that the bar is set super high you best not have any skeletons in your closet. Guy is a total ******* moron and I am embarrassed that he is the leader of our country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The question is, how far back do you go before something is considered irrelevant? Maybe, just maybe political parties should just stick to what is relevant today. Not in 2009 or 1989. During the AB provincial election, the NDP released a video of a speech Jason Kenney made in San Francisco at some Youth Conservative meeting about his views on gay rights. He was very much against gay rights in this speech made circa 1989. The video was released & people just went WTF?? This is a 30 year old video. Kenney was in his 20's at the time. In response,  he said his views had changed & were no longer relevant. Instead of hurting Kenny & his Conservatives, the reaction of the public was that people change & it was over. It was a controversy for a day or 2. It made the NDP look desperate.

The difference is that Kenny's views actually haven't changed when it comes to implementing policy.  He has made it more difficult for Gay-Straight alliances to form in Alberta schools since he's been elected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You know normally I don't really give a **** about that stuff, I don't consider it super racist, bad taste sure but it's not like it's some attack on a race, however when Trudeau does it considering how sanctimonious he gets about **** like this then string him up cause when you pretend that the bar is set super high you best not have any skeletons in your closet. Guy is a total ******* moron and I am embarrassed that he is the leader of our country. 

For sure.  I dont know JT to say he IS a racist.  But these things are clearly racist.  I suspect its his arrogance.  His weird personal-space-invasion thing he does with women is part of his arrogance too.  Everyone wants to be touched by JT.  He can do no wrong.  yadda yadda.  This *should* end his run.  Realistically, he should resign immediately and get a new leader in place.  But unlikely in the middle of a campaign.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

.  This *should* end his run.  Realistically, he should resign immediately and get a new leader in place.  But unlikely in the middle of a campaign.  

Realistically he's going to be the PM again.. I just can't help but wonder what the reaction would be if this was Andrew Scheer in the photo not Trudeau. That's what bugs me is the double standard people get held to. I'm no Scheer apologist, he's a weenie and probably has a lot of discriminatory views he'd love to implement as policy, but man conservatives and liberals have a double standard for what they get roasted for saying or doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trudeau's biggest weakness has always been that he just isn't that bright.  While his blackface episodes are clearly insensitive (even racist under today's lens), I don't believe they were done with any malicious intent.  There are a lot of people out there who will cross a line in order to have the "best" or most outrageous costume at a party - they just don't stumble their way upward into the PM's chair. 

I don't think he's a racist and if he is - he doesn't govern like one.  His cabinet was the most diverse in the country's history (while Conservative critics suggested then that they were somehow unqualified just because they weren't white males) and he increased the number of Syrian refugees allowed into our country.  They have accelerated clean water initiatives on reserves and have not walked away from treaty settlements ala Harper.  He did not demote JWR because she was native and I have a very hard time believing that a native woman would ever be named to that post under a Conservative government in the first place.

 

Edited by Wideleft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Realistically he's going to be the PM again.. I just can't help but wonder what the reaction would be if this was Andrew Scheer in the photo not Trudeau. That's what bugs me is the double standard people get held to. I'm no Scheer apologist, he's a weenie and probably has a lot of discriminatory views he'd love to implement as policy, but man conservatives and liberals have a double standard for what they get roasted for saying or doing. 

It's not a double-standard when past bad behaviour lines up directly with policy platforms.  See Jason Kenny.  Also see the collection of nutbags running for the Conservatives as well as Scheer's campaign team.  One of the founders of the Rebel is literally his campaign manager, for chrissake.

Edited by Wideleft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good lord what an ass- total racist ****- you can't do that. 

Now- is Trudeau a racist? Black/Brown face 20+ years ago: Check. Advancing racist bills and/or agendas: nope. Promoting racists into positions of power: nope. Courting the racists: not that I can see. 

Anything else anyone wants to throw in there that I missed? I would like a clearer picture. 

the big thing for me and for many people I've talked to is the utter hypocrisy on display here.  The Liberals have been on a witch-hunt scouring all social media and going after "bad" behavior of any and all Conservative candidates from years ago, and here's dear Leader in brown face in 2001.  It just stinks.  This is why I said - perhaps the only good thing that can come out of this brown face nonsense is that the Liberals drop the witch hunt and everyone just focuses on the issues. Enough holier than thou nonsense.  You aren't holier than thou.  You are a human being like everyone else who made mistakes in their past.  Own it, and forgive others who did the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

the big thing for me and for many people I've talked to is the utter hypocrisy on display here.  The Liberals have been on a witch-hunt scouring all social media and going after "bad" behavior of any and all Conservative candidates from years ago, and here's dear Leader in brown face in 2001.  It just stinks.  This is why I said - perhaps the only good thing that can come out of this brown face nonsense is that the Liberals drop the witch hunt and everyone just focuses on the issues. Enough holier than thou nonsense.  You aren't holier than thou.  You are a human being like everyone else who made mistakes in their past.  Own it, and forgive others who did the same.

You can't own it if you are hiding it.  I have no problem with candidates' pasts coming back to haunt them through opposition/media research.  I'd sure as hell want to know if someone was a member of Storm Front a year ago.

Edited by Wideleft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

   His cabinet was the most diverse in the country's history (while Conservative critics suggested then that they were somehow unqualified just because they weren't white males) 

LOL - nice spin on that one.  It's pretty clear that any critics suggesting that Liberals are unqualified aren't saying this because of their race or gender, it's because they've been doing such a piss-poor job.  Exhibit A - if you honestly think that Catherine McKenna has been doing a "good job" then you need to give your head a shake.  Promoting "diversity" is great, but doing it purely to virtue signal to people is a mistake.  Those appointed need to have at least some functioning brain matter.  That video of a drunk McKenna admitting that the Liberals lie in Parliament, and just lie really loudly until it is accepted, should be all anyone needs to know about the Liberals. 

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

 

and he increased the number of Syrian refugees allowed into our country. 

Did he though?  Did he really do that?  Or did he just approve refugees that had already been approved?  

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

  He did not demote JWR because she was native

oh pray tell, please tell us, why was she demoted again?  Try and tell the truth on this one.  I am all ears. 

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

 

and I have a very hard time believing that a native woman would never be named to that post under a Conservative government in the first place.

Sorry, my eyes are hurting from rolling them so hard. Good grief, drop the sanctimony level down a peg or two, or you'll wind up like Justin, stuck in the web you have weaved. If you are interested in supporting a "native woman" in the Conservatives, you can start here:

https://www.conservative.ca/team-member/rejeanne-caron/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

You can't own it if you are hiding it.  I have no problem with candidates' pasts coming back to haunt them through opposition/media research.  I'd sure as hell want to know if someone was a member of Storm Front a year ago.

or a member of the Communist party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Trudeau's biggest weakness has always been that he just isn't that bright.  While his blackface episodes are clearly insensitive (even racist under today's lens), I don't believe they were done with any malicious intent.  There are a lot of people out there who will cross a line in order to have the "best" or most outrageous costume at a party - they just don't stumble their way upward into the PM's chair. 

I don't think he's a racist and if he is - he doesn't govern like one.  His cabinet was the most diverse in the country's history (while Conservative critics suggested then that they were somehow unqualified just because they weren't white males) and he increased the number of Syrian refugees allowed into our country.  They have accelerated clean water initiatives on reserves and have not walked away from treaty settlements ala Harper.  He did not demote JWR because she was native and I have a very hard time believing that a native woman would never be named to that post under a Conservative government in the first place.

 

This is what it is, I think the problem for Trudeau is that he was and is too stupid to realize how offensive and insensitive something like that is... which is a problem for a guy who is the leader of a country. No stupid leaders please. 

31 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

It's not a double-standard when past bad behaviour lines up directly with policy platforms.  See Jason Kenny.  Also see the collection of nutbags running for the Conservatives as well as Scheer's campaign team.  One of the founders of the Rebel is literally his campaign manager, for chrissake.

Oh I am not excusing the shitty behaviour of a lot of the conservatives here. I just want the same outrage shown to everyone no matter which team they play for. The conservative party, and conservatives in general these days have gone completely off the deep end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - nice spin on that one.  It's pretty clear that any critics suggesting that Liberals are unqualified aren't saying this because of their race or gender, it's because they've been doing such a piss-poor job.  Exhibit A - if you honestly think that Catherine McKenna has been doing a "good job" then you need to give your head a shake.  Promoting "diversity" is great, but doing it purely to virtue signal to people is a mistake.  Those appointed need to have at least some functioning brain matter.  That video of a drunk McKenna admitting that the Liberals lie in Parliament, and just lie really loudly until it is accepted, should be all anyone needs to know about the Liberals. 

Did he though?  Did he really do that?  Or did he just approve refugees that had already been approved?  

oh pray tell, please tell us, why was she demoted again?  Try and tell the truth on this one.  I am all ears. 

Sorry, my eyes are hurting from rolling them so hard. Good grief, drop the sanctimony level down a peg or two, or you'll wind up like Justin, stuck in the web you have weaved. If you are interested in supporting a "native woman" in the Conservatives, you can start here:

https://www.conservative.ca/team-member/rejeanne-caron/

Critics of the cabinet makeup (ratio) started on day one, so it was implicit that they weren't qualified because of "who they were".

Your question is irrelevant.  Trudeau took in more Syrians than Harper would commit to (while reminding everyone they were "security threats").

She wasn't demoted simply because she was native which is a silly theory I am seeing from right wing bots.

You can't compare a candidate in an unwinnable constituency with someone who was appointed to AG.

While we're at it, please supply a list of First Nation politicians who attained cabinet positions with the Conservatives (good luck with that).

Edited by Wideleft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...