Canadian Politics

1 minute ago, tacklewasher said:

My google-fu is weak, but I remember it was something that changed when Harper was around. They just get lumped in with some uncounted category now. Not even sure they give out the numbers anymore.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Ugh, I've totally missed that. I mean, even for reconciliation, they should be tracked. 

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Serious question for those intending to spoil their ballot,

what exactly is missing in everyone's platforms that make you feel this way?

Evidence based policy platforms as opposed to Ideology trumping everything else. 

I could maybe stomach voting for the Liberal platform, but that party has shown too often that they like to piss on the west and Trudeau quite frankly is a dope that I don't want to vote for. 

I normally just vote Conservative but Scheer offers absolutely nothing and is too similar looking to assholes like Ford and Kenney who are hell bent on tearing everything down in the name of tax cuts. 

So basically I am missing something that appeals to me as a normal middle class white guy in western Canada. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Evidence based policy platforms as opposed to Ideology trumping everything else. 

I could maybe stomach voting for the Liberal platform, but that party has shown too often that they like to piss on the west and Trudeau quite frankly is a dope that I don't want to vote for. 

I normally just vote Conservative but Scheer offers absolutely nothing and is too similar looking to assholes like Ford and Kenney who are hell bent on tearing everything down in the name of tax cuts. 

So basically I am missing something that appeals to me as a normal middle class white guy in western Canada. 

When I can't decide, I just ask myself a simple question, what is the biggest problem in my life right now and which party is going to at least try to fix it.

38 minutes ago, pigseye said:

When I can't decide, I just ask myself a simple question, what is the biggest problem in my life right now and which party is going to at least try to fix it.

None of them are offering anything to fix that problem. 

This is the sorry sack of **** election I have ever seen and the voter turnout is going to be an ugly ugly number mark my words because none of these clownshoes is going to inspire anyone to cast their vote for them. 

5 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Where does one begin ? 

Hes been in politics, the public eye over 10 years, books written and life chronicalled but it takes a foreign magazine to find it.  CDN MSM malpractice. Liberal Party for not defusing this bomb years ago.

This country really is amateur hour sometimes.

Why does this matter? It was 20 years ago. Ppl weren't the sensitive everything offends me cuz feelings things they are now. Who honestly cares? 

Christ.. I cant run for politics i guess cuz 20 years ago i dressed up as a ghost for Halloween. Damn.. Was a vampire also.

There goes my career... Dont want to offend albinos. 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why does this matter? It was 20 years ago. Ppl weren't the sensitive everything offends me cuz feelings things they are now. Who honestly cares? 

Christ.. I cant run for politics i guess cuz 20 years ago i dressed up as a ghost for Halloween. Damn.. Was a vampire also.

Participants don't set the rules and don't get to change them in the middle of the game. Your past is fair game and has been for years.

Angry? Get angry at the rule makers and enforcers.

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If that was Scheer he'd be crucified as a racist by the same people now going Who cares? when it comes to Trudeau. Besides, isn't it the Liberals bringing out old videos of Scheer talking about same sex marriages?

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think that;s the least of his troubles in this picture.

No, it's a bunch of problems in this pic. So, Trudeau placing his hand on a co worker below her neck just above her breasts is accepted behaviour to you? There is not a chance that I would ever do that to a female co worker. Or even a personal friend. That just isn't done. Then there's the black/brown face which even in 2001 was considered racist & inappropriate. If the Libs want to dredge up old videos of Scheer then this picture of Trudeau is fair game.

Fascinating how the leaker of photo completely bypassed CDN media...like he didn't trust it ...and how leaker didn't go to an outlet hostile to Trudeau..Time magazine is pretty woke.

Conspiracy theory. There are libs and powerful Liberal connected folks who want Trudeau gone and fast.

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

Fascinating how the leaker of photo completely bypassed CDN media...like he didn't trust it ...and how leaker didn't go to an outlet hostile to Trudeau..Time magazine is pretty woke.

Conspiracy theory. There are libs and powerful Liberal connected folks who want Trudeau gone and fast.

Well, Trudeau did make the Liberals his brand & has taken the party farther to the left than ever before. I can see that rubbing people the wrong way.