Canadian Politics

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The Alt Reich really 

You find out lots about people you grew up with by posting facts on Facebook. Have any of you tried it and realized some of your better friends when younger are morons now? 

the dumbest, and least educated among my social media feed are the ones supporting this nonsense. I've been very busy lately hitting the Mute and Unfollow buttons...

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

O toole is the "moderate" in the Conservative/alliance party of Canada.  if we had American gun laws, many of those people on the bridge would be armed with assault rifles.

Three days ago, O'Toole was urging moderation. and yesterday he was championing the cause as a outrageous over-reach by the Trudeau government. There are those who believe that leadership consists of finding a parade and getting in front of it. American GOP politicians have successfully instilled in their followers that winning is everything and sacrificing everything to gain that is okay. Some of that **** seems to have leaked across the border.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Three days ago, O'Toole was urging moderation. and yesterday he was championing the cause as a outrageous over-reach by the Trudeau government. There are those who believe that leadership consists of finding a parade and getting in front of it. American GOP politicians have successfully instilled in their followers that winning is everything and sacrificing everything to gain that is okay. Some of that **** seems to have leaked across the border.

Replace leaked across with poured over.

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Replace leaked across with poured over.

agree. my angry, 60 year old, probably a virgin, morbidly obese,  chain smoking, idiot brother in law, job free for most of his life, loves Trump.

oddly enough Germany has a big problem with anti vaccine dolts. dont know if its related to morons from former soviet puppet state e germany.

but not trump related.

agree about the aroused, angry Fascists in canada, stimulated by their  filthy American hero.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I agree. my angry, 60 year old, probably a virgin, morbidly obese,  chain smoking, idiot brother in law, job free for most of his life, loves Trump.

not worried about his identity, cause there are tens of thousands like him.

And therein lies the problem- it is much easier to pull someone down to your level than keep up to them,

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The holocaust comparisons have me legit sick to my stomach. There is not one thing in Canada going on right now that compares to the start of the holocaust. No red flags. Not a one.
They built the first concentration camp and started throwing people in it, in 1933. 
When did WWII start? 6 years after that. Their plan, right from the start was to A: Annex the countries around them. 
B: Have any “undesirables” straight up murdered in camps. 

Neither of those things will, have ever, or are going to happen in Canada.

Who’s building camps here? Who built one in 2015? 
Are we going to take over Greenland or the US for Lebensraum?

What happened starting in 2020 was that a small group of uneducated fools decided to piss and moan about every single ******* guideline during a god damned public health emergency, forcing the intelligent silent masses of us to listen to their selfish, asinine whining day in and day out, right up until now, almost 2 years later 

Sidebar (During the middle of it, there was a whole shitload of race-based or colonization based progress and/or political bullshit going on and 99 times out of 100 the antivaxers and the racists and the whining privileged assholes were on the same side, therefore forcing the intelligent masses to again listen to a bunch of pissing and moaning from more spoiled children. )

What is happening at the very moment is a small group of actual, documented WHITE SUPREMACISTS  have duped a larger group of misguided, uneducated fools into donating them a shitload of money. Nothing more. 

Seemed like as good a place to vent all that. Sorry if it was too much 

That was too much, and not nearly enough. Thanks for venting your spleen and expressing what so many feel but are too exhausted from the noise to say again. 

Stefanson admits breaking conflict-of-interest rules

Premier failed to disclose property sales worth more than $31M

By: Carol Sanders | Posted: 7:00 PM CST Thursday, Jan. 27, 2022

Premier Heather Stefanson has admitted she failed to follow the province’s conflict-of-interest rules after the sale of properties worth millions of dollars.

The real estate deals that tripped up the premier involve rental and commercial properties that are the subject of a letter the NDP sent to the province’s conflict-of-interest commissioner; however, Stefanson is unlikely to face any consequences under legislation that critics have long complained has no teeth.

In 2019, the McDonald Grain Company Ltd. — Stefanson is listed as a director — sold The Ritz apartment block (859 Grosvenor Ave.) for $7 million and Drury Manor (1833 Pembina Hwy.) for $22.5 million without filing a statement disclosing the disposal of assets.

In 2016, she failed to disclose the disposal of a storage facility on Saulteaux Crescent the McDonald Grain holding company sold for $1.78 million. Stefanson owns 20 per cent of the shares in the real estate holding company.

Stefanson admits breaking conflict-of-interest rules - Winnipeg Free Press

25 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Premier Heather Stefanson has admitted she failed to follow the province’s conflict-of-interest rules after the sale of properties worth millions of dollars.

The real estate deals that tripped up the premier involve rental and commercial properties that are the subject of a letter the NDP sent to the province’s conflict-of-interest commissioner; however, Stefanson is unlikely to face any consequences under legislation that critics have long complained has no teeth.

In 2019, the McDonald Grain Company Ltd. — Stefanson is listed as a director — sold The Ritz apartment block (859 Grosvenor Ave.) for $7 million and Drury Manor (1833 Pembina Hwy.) for $22.5 million without filing a statement disclosing the disposal of assets.

In 2016, she failed to disclose the disposal of a storage facility on Saulteaux Crescent the McDonald Grain holding company sold for $1.78 million. Stefanson owns 20 per cent of the shares in the real estate holding company.

Hmmmmm using the political system to scam and make a buck. Shocking said no one with appropriate neurones firing ever.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

This isn't the first time she's had issues: IDA fines Wellington West, compliance officer | Investment Executive

She's definitely mixed in with a lot of wealth. She should be forgiven for her performance as our premier during Covid - she's obviously got a lot of other things going on that are more lucrative.

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I have not.  And now I'm afraid to look.

She's lived a pretty sheltered life. Both her and her husband are/were financial investment advisors, although Wellington West was fined for not supervising her dodgy trades. 

11 minutes ago, WildPath said:

This isn't the first time she's had issues: IDA fines Wellington West, compliance officer | Investment Executive

She's definitely mixed in with a lot of wealth. She should be forgiven for her performance as our premier during Covid - she's obviously got a lot of other things going on that are more lucrative.

She can't even manage that!

48 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Interesting that the McDonald Grain Company Ltd. has no digital presence - at least I can't find anything.

I think it's defunct or has been bought out. That was a long-time family real estate business for the McDonald family. 

Edited by JCon

37 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Interesting that the McDonald Grain Company Ltd. has no digital presence - at least I can't find anything.

Daniel McDonald is the chief compliance officer that was also fined along with Stefanson in the link I posted. I'm willing to bet there's a connection here again.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

the dumbest, and least educated among my social media feed are the ones supporting this nonsense. I've been very busy lately hitting the Mute and Unfollow buttons...

If I made a list of the dumbest and most ignorant connections I have on social media, there would be nearly a 100% correlation to the ones posting garbage about the Flu Trux Klan. The inability to engage in any kind of critical thinking is quite depressing. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

The Alt Reich really 

You find out lots about people you grew up with by posting facts on Facebook. Have any of you tried it and realized some of your better friends when younger are morons now? 

In retrospect I can see that some of these folks have been looking for a way to play the victim since elementary school. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

In retrospect I can see that some of these folks have been looking for a way to play the victim since elementary school. 

Last Friday the Freep published and article about a study comparing vaxers and antivaxxers. The interesting part related to a developmental psychology test for 3 year old kids to determine their likelihood of success in adult life. It consists of offering the child either one piece pf candy now or three pieces later. There emerged a direct correlation between those who waited for the candy and their doing well  (in relationships and careers) in adult life. By comparison, the children unwilling to delay gratification did much worse in these areas.

The test was repeated using money for  both vaxers and antivaxxers and guess what? The antivaxxers were markedly more likely to choose the "money now" option.  Arrested development or what?