Canadian Politics

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Maybe she printed out her vac paper after only one shot thus no QR code?

Possible, but how would an MLA in the governing party not know what the rules are, especially if she's dined out multiple times at multiple different restaurants? Her refusing to tell her vaccine status previously certainly gives no reason to just trust that it was an error. I don't think its a huge deal, she claims she's double vaccinated, we'll see when the mandate comes in for legislature. Just another PC MLA thinking the rules don't apply to them.

8 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Possible, but how would an MLA in the governing party not know what the rules are, especially if she's dined out multiple times at multiple different restaurants? Her refusing to tell her vaccine status previously certainly gives no reason to just trust that it was an error. I don't think its a huge deal, she claims she's double vaccinated, we'll see when the mandate comes in for legislature. Just another PC MLA thinking the rules don't apply to them.

Seems to me it’s not enuf to see a vax code they should be matching ID as well.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Seems to me it’s not enuf to see a vax code they should be matching ID as well.

I believe that is supposed to be how it goes. I've heard a range of different levels places check from friends. Airlines, restaurants often not really checking vax status either just verbally or the QR code on its own.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

And today I learned that East-Asian is a thing.  

So if someone is East Indian....  are they East Indian - South Asian?

If they are Indian, they are South Asian. "East Indian" is a North American reference to those from South Asia to distinguish them from the local Indigenous population. East Indian vs Indian. 

East Asia (East Asians) is Eastern Asia, Like China (and all their claimed territories), the Koreas, and Japan. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

And today I learned that East-Asian is a thing.  

So if someone is East Indian....  are they East Indian - South Asian?

Ya that's my take on it. I think the general term 'Asian' was commonly used to describe folks in the far east, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and so on... forgetting that India and Pakistan are Asian countries populated by 'Asian' people, hence the distinction 'East-Asian'