US Politics

Rich

I still believe Trump was a symptom not the disease. ( A bloody awful symptom ) There are root causes in that country that put a corrupt, sociopath, egomaniac in office. I actually hope and believe Biden might be the right guy at the right time. There is an awful lot of healing and knitting to be done to bring that country back from the brink of something ugly. Hopefully today is the start of something. I worry about his age but maybe that age will be a aid. We live far to close and have far to many connections to want to see the next step after the riot. I wish President Biden all the best.

7 minutes ago, the watcher said:

There is an awful lot of healing and knitting to be done

there is a lot of  firing, and inquiring to be done too. this is nuts.

"The effort to obstruct the Biden team, led by senior White House appointees at the Pentagon, is unprecedented in modern presidential transitions

They really should not be allowed to get away with this. It’s just completely irresponsible and indefensible,” said one transition official. “To play politics with the country’s national security is just really unacceptable. 

But across the department, even when the biden transition team did meet with DoD officials, both civilian and military, they were often tight-lipped, as if they were given explicit guidance about what they could and could not talk about. Those suspicions were confirmed when the first transition official bumped into a “very high-ranking” military official a week after their meeting, and the officer apologized for his clipped answers.

“We were alone, and he told me ‘I’m sorry I wasn’t able to tell you more, but I was given very strict instructions,’” the transition official said."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/20/biden-pentagon-transition-460768

so many insane people drank the cool aid.

Edited by Mark F

The above posts illustrate why there has to be a surgical excising of all the rotted tissue that are the remnants of the Trump Reign of Error. In behavioural shinkology, the surest way to ensure that behaviour will resurface is to let it pass without intervention and vigorous  correction. If the Democrats refuse to do this, they will as complicit be as the GOP in the certain destruction of American democracy. One more regime as corrupt as the Trump, and Americans will sour on democracy and welcome a "strong man" who will promise to correct all the excesses but will preside over the last days of the democracy. 

Edited by Tracker

13 hours ago, the watcher said:

I agree, somewhat. It's a fine line between punishing those who deserve it and driving the divide deeper. I would really like to see the planners ( Reps, Senators and people in power ) who can be proven guilty severely  punished. They were on the brink of collapse . They have a tentative, fragile reprieve. 

There is no "fine line". There was an absolute disregard for the laws that govern and a deliberate attempt to undermine the democracy, not to mention the blatant corruption. Sedition and probable treason cannot be ignored.

Fox News actually gets upset over Biden's denouncing white supremacy – because it might offend Trump voters

After the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Wednesday, Fox News critiqued the 46th president's speech, taking issue with Biden's strong denouncement of nativism, racism, and white supremacy – which, they suggested, might offend Trump voters.

Denouncing nativism, racism, and white supremacy was apparently upsetting to Fox News host Martha MacCallum and Fox News contributor Dan Henninger, who is also the deputy editorial page director of The Wall Street Journal.

Trump supporters "might be asking, 'Why is he bringing up nativism and fear and telling lies for power and profit in the middle of an inaugural speech?'" Henninger asked, as Media Matters reports.

Is President Biden "talking about Donald J. Trump or is he talking about the people who voted for Trump?" he also asked.

"I think a lot of them," he said, referring to Trump voters, "would be entitled to sit out there and say, 'I'm not that person.'"

Many Americans would say that voting for a racist, white nationalist, and white supremacist, twice, makes you "that person."

"And if he is trying to reconcile with the country, it's one thing for him to be giving his inaugural speech about his grievances with Donald J. Trump, but a lot of people out there who supported Trump and his policies did not agree with some of those ideas," he added.

Fox News actually gets upset over Biden's denouncing white supremacy – because it might offend Trump voters - Alternet.org

Dropped in on my ole friends at Breitbart.   Still a fun alternative place.  
They are taking Biden's accent to the Presidency, rather hard.   Angry over being sold out to the Chinese and woke leftist mobs, one day in
Chris Wallace over at Fox had the audacity to describe Biden's Inauguration speech as "the best one, I have ever heard"    So, he is now Breitbart Enemy of the People #1, ( 3600 comments or lynch mob if you wish) temporally displacing M McConnell

11 minutes ago, do or die said:

Actually it was blank. 
Written by Kayleigh McEnany

It was most definitely not written by Pence. Assuming they had already packed Trump's crayons, it was probably written by Miller and kept brief. Wishes him luck and blah, blah, blah, nothing but.