US Politics

Rich

Orin Hatch 45 years as a Senator, talk about having the good life, also a bit of a perv. Chuck Grassley 38 years as a Senator, also a bit crazy, both should of been retired a long time ago, Mitch McConnell 34 years as a Senator, and about the most two faced human on the planet, also a ferret face. Depending on what happens in the next few elections to the GOP these 3 and Trump may bare the burnt of the finger pointing for gains made by the Democrats in the House possibly Senate and eventually WH. 

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They should just stop standing up for their own principles and morals.

what are the Democrats principles and morals exactly?  Maybe they should focus on that instead of mud slinging, as that strategy isn't working.  Last night on SNL Colin Jost said that he blamed Dems like Corey Booker partly for Kavanaugh being confirmed, because the Dems called him "evil" right out of the gate, and had no where else to go after that.  Interesting thought.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

ok so build on that.  

Build on what? Republicans put a biased partisan ******* drunken sexual predator on the supreme court. They told women and victims of assault everywhere that they don't matter... there was no politics here from Democrats, only from Republicans who are hell bent on eroding freedoms.

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Build on what? Republicans put a biased partisan ******* drunken sexual predator on the supreme court. They told women and victims of assault everywhere that they don't matter... there was no politics here from Democrats, only from Republicans who are hell bent on eroding freedoms.

I listened to Roy Green's show for five minutes on the weekend.  The guy is worse than Fox on this issue - and managed to all the callers to agree with him.

“I hope the last images burned into your slimy, evil, treasonous retinas are millions of women laughing and clapping and celebrating as your souls descend into the flames.”

This was posted on Twitter by the Design Lead at Google about the Republican party. He said more but I didn't post it as the language was too foul.  I fear that there is no way this divisiveness is going away any time soon.

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This was posted on Twitter by the Design Lead at Google about the Republican party. He said more but I didn't post it as the language was too foul.  I fear that there is no way this divisiveness is going away any time soon.

Why do you always post **** from the left and cry for a way forward from divisiveness? 

You understand that what you usually post is contributing to the divisiveness you lament about. 

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why do you always post **** from the left and cry for a way forward from divisiveness? 

You understand that what you usually post is contributing to the divisiveness you lament about. 

What's your plan to end the divisiveness Big Shoots?  Why can't I post stuff I see from the Left? Does it embarrass you? Very confusing. 

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What's your plan to end the divisiveness Big Shoots?  Why can't I post stuff I see from the Left? Does it embarrass you? Very confusing. 

You can post whatever the **** you want- just don't obfuscate your partisian alt-right agenda with lamenting the divisiveness while simultaneously contributing to it. It's dishonest and insulting.

I never talked about ending the divisiveness- that's your shtick. I'm all for holding the current fuckers to account for all the **** the pull on the people. And trump- that ******* has got to be held to account or my faith in people will be lost. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

22 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You can post whatever the **** you want- just don't obfuscate your partisian alt-right agenda with lamenting the divisiveness while simultaneously contributing to it. It's dishonest and insulting.

I never talked about ending the divisiveness- that's your shtick. I'm all for holding the current fuckers to account for all the **** the pull on the people. And trump- that ******* has got to be held to account or my faith in people will be lost. 

You really need to calm down. You are going to have a coronary.  I think the only way back from this anger is someone to try and be conciliatory. Democrats will have a much better chance that way. That's my opinion.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

You really need to calm down. You are going to have a coronary.  I think the only way back from this anger is someone to try and be conciliatory. Democrats will have a much better chance that way. That's my opinion.

Who should be conciliatory? The republicans? thats not how they roll.. since '94 the republicans have been using Newt Gingrich's playbook- they have refused to work together with democrats. Anytime the democrats try being conciliatory, the republicans stab them in the back and gloat about it (most recent example being Cocaine Mitch's comments on sent Joe Manchin even after he voted with republicans:

"We appreciate his vote for Judge Kavanaugh," the Kentucky senator said Sunday on CBS's "Face The Nation." "I think it was the right thing to do. But we're trying to win seats."
While McConnell said he appreciates Manchin's support, he also pointed out that he is "still a Democrat."

**** the republicans- they have done nothing for the 99%.

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Who should be conciliatory? The republicans? thats not how they roll.. since '94 the republicans have been using Newt Gingrich's playbook- they have refused to work together with democrats. Anytime the democrats try being conciliatory, the republicans stab them in the back and gloat about it (most recent example being Cocaine Mitch's comments on sent Joe Manchin even after he voted with republicans:

"We appreciate his vote for Judge Kavanaugh," the Kentucky senator said Sunday on CBS's "Face The Nation." "I think it was the right thing to do. But we're trying to win seats."
While McConnell said he appreciates Manchin's support, he also pointed out that he is "still a Democrat."

**** the republicans- they have done nothing for the 99%.

I think that there are a lot of people on the fence, that probably would vote Democrat again, if they weren't being told how stupid and evil they are all of the time.  As soon as someone says anything that isn't 100% acceptable to the leftist intelligentsia, they are immediately branded an "alt-right extremist".  It's like trying to talk politics with my indoctrinated 16 year old niece.  Everything is so black and white, and that's a sure way to polarize.  Try watching the movie "Lincoln" sometime.  Especially the scene where he is trying to talk moderation to Tommy Lee Jones, who just wants to burn down the South and punish everyone, especially the Democrats, who were pro-slavery at the time (imagine a time when the Republicans were the good guys - weird eh??).  Lincoln explains that a compass may point true north, but if you just rely on your compass, you'll end up in a swamp.  There are ways to get things done, just like there are ways to bring people together.  And that means getting over the anger, and finding ways to work together again.

Those young ppl who were 2 young to vote last time are now old enough to vote.. They are pissed off and will make a difference. Taylor Swift on Instagram made a post.. A day later over 51000 ppl old enough to vote now registered to vote. The Republicans are ******. 

Except, that young people need jobs too

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-millennials/exclusive-democrats-lose-ground-with-millennials-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1I10YH

The online survey of more than 16,000 registered voters ages 18 to 34 shows their support for Democrats over Republicans for Congress slipped by about 9 percentage points over the past two years, to 46 percent overall. And they increasingly say the Republican Party is a better steward of the economy.

Yeah, and they should thank Obama for the solid economy Trump inherited.   Its not right vs left, its just a fact.

But you make good point.  Most young people tune out of serious issues that require deep thought or deep viewing of the news.  They absorb their information differently.  They see good economy, low unemployment and it speaks to them.  Trump and his minions do a good job of messaging.  This whole "war on men" has actually gained a shocking amount of traction.  Sad but true.

On the other hand, Taylor Swift puts out one message on social media and voter registration jumps dramatically.  Now, will those people actually vote, who knows.  But it shows the power of celebrity and social media.  the dirt-worst pick for SCOTUS doesnt mobilize people but Taylor Swift does.  That's something the Dems have to figure out.  Because the GOP figured it out (they didnt really, they just go along with trump's winning formula).

8 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Except, that young people need jobs too

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-millennials/exclusive-democrats-lose-ground-with-millennials-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1I10YH

The online survey of more than 16,000 registered voters ages 18 to 34 shows their support for Democrats over Republicans for Congress slipped by about 9 percentage points over the past two years, to 46 percent overall. And they increasingly say the Republican Party is a better steward of the economy.

Well it's a good thing that poll is over 5 months old and lots has changed.

A few polls have millenials at 59% now. The issue now is wether or not they will show up at the polls.

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well it's a good thing that poll is over 5 months old and lots has changed.

A few polls have millenials at 59% now. The issue now is wether or not they will show up at the polls.

Trumpologists hate polls (they point at the polls saying Hilary would win) unless they are favorable to the GOP then they like polls.   Fact is, Trump lost the popular vote by a wide margin.  His victory was one of, if not the most, slim of all time.  When you factor in the assist from Russia (not to mention the New York FBI that conspired to hurt Hilary), the polls were correct.

Most people know the difference between Trump and the Republican Party, at least those who agree that the Republicans run a better economy than the Democrats.

The war on white men is just another political weapon the left has sunk to using, most sane people just see it for what it is.