US Politics

Rich

8 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Can Trump issue a directive limiting the scope of the FBI investigation? And if not, is Trump then interfering with this FBI probe, and subsequently can he be charged with obstruction of justice? Wouldn't it be something if THIS was the FBI probe that took him down, and not Russia?

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Can Trump issue a directive limiting the scope of the FBI investigation? And if not, is Trump then interfering with this FBI probe, and subsequently can he be charged with obstruction of justice? Wouldn't it be something if THIS was the FBI probe that took him down, and not Russia?

I think its smoke & mirrors with criminal probe vs background check.  if it was Criminal, the FBI would do whatever it thought was best.  In a back ground check, they are essentially operating at the pleasure of the feds.  Trump claims the FBI has free reign but NBC came out and said AFTER Trump said that, the FBI was still conducting their investigation as per White House directive (limited).

As of this morning they still hadnt reached out to Avanatti's client which is pretty crazy considering her credentials.  But you can certainly expect if Trump had certain conditions, one would be to not cooperate with Avanatti.

What should happen is, Flake and the other fence sitters should announce they wont confirm Kav because of this limited scope investigation and interferrence by the White House.  What will happen is, FBI will say they have witness statements that are uncorroborated, perhaps warrant further review...White House then says Kavg has been 100% exonerated and Flake etc say "well, they did the FBI investigation so Ill confirm him".   Its even possible they dont release the FBI's report publicly.  The White House will just say "its all good."

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Infowars scoop:

Mike Adams Warns Conservative Senators, Supreme Court justices: Unhinged left Planning “Kill Team” Home Invasions To Execute You & Your Families

https://www.infowars.com/mike-adams-warns-conservative-senators-supreme-court-justices-unhinged-left-planning-kill-team-home-invasions-to-execute-you-your-families/

Adams is an incredible investigative journalist. To dig up this plot? Holy ****. 

He's like a hero. Maybe they'll put up a statue of him next to the Pizza Gate memorial. 

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Kavanaugh told the Senate the first time he heard of the second allegation was reading about it in the New Yorker.

That was a lie. 

He was under oath wasn't he?   perjury.

pretty close to done.

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’ve heard that name somewhere before...:)

MERRICK!!!!

This is very reassuring:

If Democrats take control of the House of Representatives after the midterm elections in November, they could launch further investigations into the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh as well as his Senate testimony and other public statements in response to the accusations — and pursue impeachment if they find he committed misconduct.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

13 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jeff Flake has said if Kavanaugh committed perjury on any issue he’s done. We’ll see if he sticks to that. 

You know no matter what the White House will declare him exonerated 

Flake will find a way out of this. He'll reverse course and say that Kav was not convicted of perjury so yadda yadda yadda... confirmed. 

Flake has got to protect those big lobbying dollars coming his way. 

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bar fight in 85. What’s great is Kavanaugh is accused of initiating the fight by throwing ice at another patron. When questioned by police he declined to admit whether he threw the ice or not. Hahahaha doesn’t that sound like him?

A different version has Kavanaugh throwing his beer in a guys face. 

It sounds as though he glassed someone. He thought it was the lead singer of UB40, which he saw earlier that night. 

I guess he's always liked beer and was never a red, red wine sort of guy. 

I'll wait to see more details on this. 

Edited by JCon

Just now, JCon said:

It sounds as though he glassed someone. He thought it was the lead singer of UB40, which he saw earlier that night. 

I guess he's always liked beer and was never a red, red wine sort of guy. 

I'll wait to see more details on this. 

Ive seen guys like him a million times while working at the bar.  The arrogant drunk with a chip on his shoulder who turns any minor disagreement into a full fledged brawl cause he knows he's protected (either by his friends, his status, or his parents).

To be honest, from what we know, my take on this guy is, he's got a drinking problem (or did)...not an alcoholic per se, but his problem seems to be that when he drank, he drank a lot and he was an angry, mean, chip-on-his-shoulder drunk.  Probably the result of low self-esteem...possibly from trying to live up to the standards of his family and classmates.  Explains why he was supposedly a virgin until well into his 20's but would grope and assault women when drunk, primarily women who were younger than him or in a state of intoxication where they could not stand up to him.

Some time in his 20's, he changed.  Or rather, he stopped drinking as much.  His social circle changed to where he was surrounded by more responsible and mature people.  He probably began to realize the potential he had and was cognizant to avoid screwing it up.  He became more self-righteous and entitled ans he began embracing the idea he was destined for greatness.  There are likely more stories of him being a belligerent drunk in his 20's and 30's but we havent heard many...likely because of the people who would witness this (people more in his political and social elite class).

His performance in the Senate show him to still be belligerent, entitled, easy to anger.   Lying is okay for him because he's special and if his past behaviors costs him a Supreme Court seat, its the denial of destiny.  So lying is justified.  

When he was an investigator for Ken Starr looking into Bill Clinton, his arrogance and self-righteousness was on full display as he wanted to uncover every single last indiscretion or dishonest statement.  Because to him, Clinton didnt deserve his position.   Kav probably thought it was his destiny to be there at that time to bring Clinton down.  Years later, its still his destiny.  

When he says what goes around comes around, its both a defense (ie. Clinton's seeking revenge) and a threat (Ill get my revenge).  

When he openly admits liking beer, he repeatedly said "beer" because its rather mundane.  He's hitting you over the head with the idea that he just drinks beer like every other red blooded American.  Sounds a lot better than "I like hard booze and I like pouring that hard booze into the drinks of unsuspecting teenage girls".  In his mind, "its just a few beers" is a catch-all for everything he drank and every time he got wasted.

And here's the thing, *most* of what I wrote, I dont see as disqualifying.  In a perfect world, a super-partisan hard right (or left) Judge should not be agreeable to the Senate.  But whatever...to the victor goes the spoils.  being a drunken frat boy in High School and College?  Meh, who cares.  Sexual assault in high school?  I do think that disqualifies someone from being on the SCOTUS.  But in a he said/she said, its tough.

But here's the problem...HE thinks being a drunk frat boy is a problem, hence his lies.  HE thinks sexual assault/harassment etc is a problem, hence his lies.  And its those lies, not 36 years ago, but TODAY that disqualify him.  Its his temperament and partisanship TODAY that disqualifies him.

He didnt want an FBI probe because he knew he lied about mundane things, things he should not have lied about.  And now he's caught.  And he's FULLY in the pockets of the White House and GOP Senators who are his only hope of being confirmed.

He made the bed he's lying in.  And it has very little to do with events 36 years ago.

Republicans don't care about bar fights. Probably like it.

They elected a guy in Montana, after he assaulted a reporter right in front of people, all recorded. He was convicted.

"The Gallatin County Sheriff's Office announced it was charging Gianforte with misdemeanor assault after "multiple interviews and an investigation." The candidate was given a citation, the office said, and would appear in county court sometime before June 7.

"At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of 'I'm sick and tired of this!' 

The chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee called the incident "out of character" for Gianforte. Steve Stivers' statement added, "We all make mistakes" and the election is "bigger than any one person." 

😂

They are nutso.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Republicans don't care about bar fights.

They elected a guy in Montana, ( I think) after he assaulted a reporter right in front of people, all recorded. He was convicted.

"The Gallatin County Sheriff's Office announced it was charging Gianforte with misdemeanor assault after "multiple interviews and an investigation." The candidate was given a citation, the office said, and would appear in county court sometime before June 7.

The chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee called the incident "out of character" for Gianforte. Steve Stivers' statement added, "We all make mistakes" and the election is "bigger than any one person." 

😂

They are nutso.

Wasn't that the day of or the day before the election? The GOP claimed it was a Democrat fabrication. Gianforte and GOP Twitter went into overdrive calling it fake news. 

But, there was video of the whole incident. 

Then, the GOP said the journalist had it coming. 

Then Gianforte apologized.