US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

That's a complete stretch man, you're suggesting they were complicit in murder, stop and think about what you just wrote. 

There is a tweet in this thread where they admit US intelligence had advanced warning there was a set up to detain this guy. When asked why they didnt warn him, silence.  Think about it.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not hard to imagine a scenario where he was told "we're going to take this guy out and we expect you to 'believe' us when we deny it".

I don't think they were warned by the Saudis at all, which makes it even worse. Intelligence brought them intel, Trump shrugged, hit happened, Trump shrugged again. I doubt they think enough of Trump to warn him ahead. You don't warn those that you own. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

There is a tweet in this thread where they admit US intelligence had advanced warning there was a set up to detain this guy. When asked why they didnt warn him, silence.  Think about it.

Detain, not murder, you're connecting the dots to murder all on your own. 

Do you really think they could keep something like that a secret? This is just more conspiracy nuttier. 

You're asking if the US government could keep secret a plot to kill a dissident?  Im sure the CIA is sitting around surfing twitter to figure out whats going on in the world.  There surely are no operations that we never hear about.  

EDIT: and by keep secret do you mean how almost immediately after the murder everyone knew who did it and within days, its being reported the US had advanced knowledge of a plot to "detain" the journalist?  That secret?

Edited by The Unknown Poster

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You're asking if the US government could keep secret a plot to kill a dissident?  Im sure the CIA is sitting around surfing twitter to figure out whats going on in the world.  There surely are no operations that we never hear about.  

EDIT: and by keep secret do you mean how almost immediately after the murder everyone knew who did it and within days, its being reported the US had advanced knowledge of a plot to "detain" the journalist?  That secret?

You're saying that Kushner/Trump gave their blessing to the Saudi's to off the guy. 

You're saying that Kushner/Trump gave their blessing to the Saudi's to off the guy. 

That's not what I said.  Im sorry if the thought of your pals Jared and Trump being assholes hurts you, but the proof on that front is rather glaring.

Ill explain it to you again.

I said "its not hard to imagine".  And it wasn't hard at all.  And there are a lot smarter people than me wondering how much Jared knew.  When you play word games over "yeah yeah, they knew he'd be 'detained'" that's naive.

It seems like, from the reporting, the US knew in advance of this plot to lure the journalist to a place he could be 'detained'.  Clearly, their idea of detain was tourture and murder.

I find it difficult to believe US intelligence picked up on this and shrugged it off saying "nah, they just want to ask him a few questions."   Im sure Trump had no concerns at all for that plan for a US resident working for the Washington Post, right?  They just want to ask him a few questions, buy him lunch.

You're so angry over any suggestion the US (and by extension Trump/Jared) might have had an inkling this could happen, you're ignoring what is already being reported.  Sure, Jared didnt swing the bone saw himself.  We can agree on that.  If that's you're comfort line in still embracing this admin, well...whatever.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's not what I said.  Im sorry if the thought of your pals Jared and Trump being assholes hurts you, but the proof on that front is rather glaring.

Ill explain it to you again.

I said "its not hard to imagine".  And it wasn't hard at all.  And there are a lot smarter people than me wondering how much Jared knew.  When you play word games over "yeah yeah, they knew he'd be 'detained'" that's naive.

It seems like, from the reporting, the US knew in advance of this plot to lure the journalist to a place he could be 'detained'.  Clearly, their idea of detain was tourture and murder.

I find it difficult to believe US intelligence picked up on this and shrugged it off saying "nah, they just want to ask him a few questions."   Im sure Trump had no concerns at all for that plan for a US resident working for the Washington Post, right?  They just want to ask him a few questions, buy him lunch.

You're so angry over any suggestion the US (and by extension Trump/Jared) might have had an inkling this could happen, you're ignoring what is already being reported.  Sure, Jared didnt swing the bone saw himself.  We can agree on that.  If that's you're comfort line in still embracing this admin, well...whatever.

The only thing CNN has reported is,

On Thursday, a US official familiar with the intelligence told CNN that the US had intercepts of Saudi officials discussing a plan to lure Khashoggi back to Saudi Arabia and detain him.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/middleeast/khashoggi-saudi-turkey-recordings-intl/index.html

You are fabricating the rest, trying to connect evil Trump to it because he refuses to pull the $110B arms deal off the table. What rational president would do that? 

6 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The only thing CNN has reported is,

On Thursday, a US official familiar with the intelligence told CNN that the US had intercepts of Saudi officials discussing a plan to lure Khashoggi back to Saudi Arabia and detain him.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/middleeast/khashoggi-saudi-turkey-recordings-intl/index.html

You are fabricating the rest, trying to connect evil Trump to it because he refuses to pull the $110B arms deal off the table. What rational president would do that? 

Ummm no thats literally what I said as being reported.  lol  And you forgot to mention Trump's comments about the $40-$50 million he personally gets too...

Edited by The Unknown Poster

23 hours ago, do or die said:

What is the big deal here?   The Saudis simply got rid of an enemy of the people........

On another forum, a guy was arguing pretty strongly in support of the Saudi's and had a lot of interesting things to say.  But the basis for his willingness to shrug at this was his position that other nations should mind their own business.  And if you stick your nose into the religious, culturalal differences, you get what you deserve.  It brought up an interesting debate about the "rights" of nations to impose their will on people in the name of religion or culture.

19 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/14/middleeast/khashoggi-turkey-saudi-intl/index.html

"Saudi media: Any US sanctions over Khashoggi would 'stab its own economy to death'"

Like they stabbed Khashoggi to death?

Saudi doubling down on their stupidity by preemptively threatening everyone.

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Just the ole use check marks, here....

Dictatorial regime
Trump financial interest in region
Current major US corporate interests (arms, oil)
"it might of been someone else"
"Very strong denial"

Enough boxes checked.....

Yeah.  Trump is doing a full and complete investigation: "I asked him and he denied it.  Case closed."  

What’s really troubling about this is Trump exaggerating his expression of the victim as a saudi, as if to say it doesn’t matter and to downplay the fact he was a US resident. 

His floating  of “rogue killers” is sure intriguing if the reports are true that that’s what Saudi will say. Question is, who came up with that idea, the Saudi’s or the White House?