US Politics

Rich

Trump sc judge gorsuch is a real wack job extremist on environment  and thinks there should be no regulation of any kind.

Gorsuch sc nomination was heavily financially promoted by Koch family. 

amazing, astounding, awful stuff.

Edited by Mark F

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Trump scc judge gorsuch is a real wack job extremist on environment  and thinks there should be no regulation of any kind.

Gorsuch sc nomination was heavily financially promoted by Koch family. 

amazing, astounding, awful stuff.

Yea you’re right bad stuff but what about (insert Hunter Biden, Clinton, Biden links). The whole system is bad so for you to suggest others aren’t just as bad you’re just believing what you want to believe.

Did I do this right?

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

That the Supreme Court can deliberate in secret on their "Shadow docket" and issue rulings without public scrutiny or debate illustrates how screwed up the American "justice" system is. 

They overturned Roe V Wade via shadow docket too, I believe. 

Nothing nefarious going on at all. 

15 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Roe V Wade has not been overturned - yet.

Just ignored until further notice.

Which is the shadow docket, so it has effectively been overturned. Hence all the legislation out there. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea you’re right bad stuff but what about (insert Hunter Biden, Clinton, Biden links). The whole system is bad so for you to suggest others aren’t just as bad you’re just believing what you want to believe.

Did I do this right?

Buttery males!!!!!

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

Which is the shadow docket, so it has effectively been overturned. Hence all the legislation out there. 

I'm just trying to be accurate.  Althought states are indeed introducing more and more abortion restrictions, SCOTUS has not yet ruled on the Mississippi Abortion ban, so it has not been officially overturned.  

"Sometime this spring, probably in late June, the US Supreme Court will hand down its decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, an appeal testing the constitutionality of Mississippi’s 2018 law banning elective abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy. Upholding that ban would dramatically change America’s abortion rules. In Roe v. Wade and subsequent cases, the high court established an unfettered right to abortion until a fetus is “potentially able to live outside the mother’s womb,” which doesn’t occur until around weeks 22 or 23 of gestation. If Mississippi’s law is upheld, viability would lose the constitutional significance with which Roe invested it. States would no longer have to wait until a pregnancy is past the halfway mark before they could disallow abortion on demand."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mississippi-e2-80-99s-mainstream-abortion-law/ar-AAVTBzN

Am I optimistic?

No.

Edited by Wideleft

BuT tHeY'rE aLl ThE sAmE - pArT 2

"Congress could soon send to the president's desk a bill that would cap the cost of the life-saving drug insulin at $35 per month -- a move that could significantly reduce and rein in out-of-pocket drug costs for millions of Americans with diabetes.

The House approved the bill Thursday by a vote of 232-193, with 12 Republicans joining all Democrats in support."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-votes-cap-cost-insulin-35-heads-senate/story?id=83798272

193 Republicans voted AGAINST it.

All 232 Democrats voted it FOR it.

Don't tell me they're all the same or I will keep providing you examples of how they are not.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

All the same.

Both sides the same.

No surprise the GOP wants to marry children. 

Gaslight

Obstruct

Project <-- claim democrats are pedophiles while trying to allows marriage to children.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

ANTIFA!!!

Time to call out these anti-antifa what they are, fascists. 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Did I do this right?

Depends....were you trying to be a ******? If so then yes you did it right. You sure like to attack people that don't share your political ideologies but scream murder when they say anything that offends your sensibilities. Grow up man. I believe that both sides of the political system in the US is full of corruption. I think the majority of people probably do. I couldn't give a rats fig if their president is named Trump or Biden, I have no horse in the race. I just think it's comical to the point of being absurd how those who are invested in it will twist the facts to their belief systems and it DEFINITELY goes both ways. Every Republican is a liar and every Democrat tells the truth and vice versa is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Depends....were you trying to be a ******? If so then yes you did it right. You sure like to attack people that don't share your political ideologies but scream murder when they say anything that offends your sensibilities. Grow up man. I believe that both sides of the political system in the US is full of corruption. I think the majority of people probably do. I couldn't give a rats fig if their president is named Trump or Biden, I have no horse in the race. I just think it's comical to the point of being absurd how those who are invested in it will twist the facts to their belief systems and it DEFINITELY goes both ways. Every Republican is a liar and every Democrat tells the truth and vice versa is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

This is exactly what the authoritarian-leaning (Regressives) politicians and their backers want you to think, so congratulations - you've done it!  Distrust in government keeps people from voting, participating in - and valuing democracy itself.  People who don't know who to trust end up relying on people to tell them who to trust and that makes them ripe for authoritarian leadership.

I'll take this time to remind you that Progressives are the ones trying to get more people to vote, while the Regressives work hard to prevent as many people as possible from doing the same thing.  There is a connection that most people capable of critical thought can recognize.

Edited by Wideleft

14 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

This is exactly what the authoritarian-leaning (Regressives) politicians and their backers want you to think, so congratulations - you've done it!  Distrust in government keeps people from voting, participating in - and valuing democracy itself.  People who don't know who to trust end up relying on people to tell them who to trust and that makes them ripe for authoritarian leadership.

I'll take this time to remind you that Progressives are the ones trying to get more people to vote, while the Regressives work hard to prevent as many people as possible from doing the same thing.  There is a connection that most people capable of critical thought can recognize.

The whole point of budding dictators is to get the voters to believe that the whole system is corrupt- both sides and that their vote does not matter. This makes the transition to fascism almost seamless. Democracy is more fragile than most believe.

5 hours ago, Wideleft said:

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

The whole point of budding dictators is to get the voters to believe that the whole system is corrupt- both sides and that their vote does not matter. This makes the transition to fascism almost seamless. Democracy is more fragile than most believe.

All this talk of the conservative right's fascination with autocracy and fascism is all but too timely. I checked the date- it's 4 days after April fool's day.

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

All this talk of the conservative right's fascination with autocracy and fascism is all but too timely. I checked the date- it's 4 days after April fool's day.

Worth noting that the IDU worked hard to get Orban elected.  Stephen Harper is Chairman of the IDU.

https://www.idu.org/about/leadership/

16 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Are the Republicans more corrupt and disgusting than the Democrats ? Absolutely ! Are the Republicans less Democratic? Absolutely !   But to suggest the current Democratic party is anywhere close to progressive is wrong. As I said a short while ago look what happened when a progressive candidate challenged for the leadership of the party backed by a massive ground swell of young, grassroot support. He was squashed by a rush of corporate dollars to Hillary's campaign. I will give you that the world is far safer without a bunch of neo-nazis fascists in power and therefore I'd always rather see the Dems in power. But progressive ? No way.