US Politics

Rich

Trump admits he wanted Barr to take the fall for election scheme: 'I said look — get impeached'

Former President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he pressured then-Attorney General Bill Barr to pursue bogus voter fraud claims after his election loss even if it meant being impeached.

Trump claimed in an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity that Barr did not want to investigate his baseless voter fraud claims because he was worried about being impeached even though Barr has repeatedly said the Justice Department did not pursue the claims because there was no evidence of any widespread fraud that could have affected the election outcome.

"Look, we also had a chance, but Bill Barr, the attorney general, didn't want to be impeached," Trump said. "How do you not get impeached? You sit back and relax and wait out for your term to end. That's what he did. And it was a sad thing and a sad day for our country."

Trump also lashed out at Barr for writing what he called a "crummy book" that was "so false." Barr in his book rejected Trump's debunked fraud claims and blamed him for the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, arguing that Trump was not fit for office.

"Had Bill Barr had the courage, a lot of this could've been taken care of," Trump said. "The U.S. Attorney in Philadelphia said Bill Barr told him not to investigate the fraud in the elections, and he said 'Don't do it.' And he wrote a letter to that effect and you know, had Bill Barr had the courage to do what he should've done instead of being worried about being impeached.

"I said, 'Look, get impeached. I went up a lot in the polls when I got impeached. You have to get impeached, maybe,'" Trump added. "But he was so afraid of being impeached that he refused to do his job."

https://www.alternet.org/2022/04/barr-trump/

Interesting fact

"The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history."

A great American.

The Republicans lead by a lot in the criminal convictions of administration officials.

Breaking....trump does 180 russian invasion is genocide😂..... 

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, just the right saying things out loud again..,

I like how he says at the end 'or in Hitler's case a very unproductive life' right after he just used Hitler as an example of how one can work themselves out of homelessness if they just apply themselves. 

(Why hasn't anyone else thought of this simple but effective solution?)

Tennessee Republican says homeless people can 'decide' to 'have a productive life' because Hitler did it

An Ivermectin-pushing Republican state Senator voting for a bill – not to reduce homelessness or increase aid to those experiencing homelessness, but to reduce homeless encampments – defended his position by giving his colleagues a “history lesson” about the genocidal Nazi Adolf Hitler.

“I haven’t given y’all a history lesson in a while and I wanted to give a little history on homelessness,” declared Republican State Senator Frank S. Niceley on the Senate floor Wednesday, as WZTV reports.

“In 1910 Hitler decided to live on the streets for a while,” Niceley said. “So for two years Hitler lived on the streets and practiced his oratory and his body language and how to connect with the masses. And then went on to lead a life that got him in the history books. So, a lot of these people its not a dead end. They can come out of these homeless camps and have a productive life, or in Hitler’s case a very unproductive life.”

It’s unclear why Senator Niceley decided to invoke the most-hated person in history, responsible for approximately 17 million deaths, to give hope to people experiencing homelessness. It’s also unclear why he framed being homeless as a choice.

Hitler, by the way, did not decide to live on the streets for a while. He lived in a revolutionary homeless hostel that was funded by wealthy Jewish philanthropists, according to The Guardian.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/04/republican-congressman-homeless-life-hitler/

(Would this be pulling yourself up by your jackboot straps?)

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Gosh if only homeless people would just stop choosing to be poor and choose to be rich instead. 

This is the most disgusting thing about a lot of modern conservatives.  They have no interest in looking into WHY anything is the way it is.

It's all about the self. Me, me, me. 

Fox News dangerously declares war on teachers: Calls for violence, accusations of 'inclination' to pedophilia

From Tucker Carlson to Laura Ingraham to Mark Levin, Fox News propagandists have declared war on public school teachers. The dangerous attacks follow the right’s misleading claims – fueled by Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” legislation – about children inappropriately being taught about sex, homosexuality, bisexuality, sexual orientation, and gender identity starting as early as kindergarten.

Last month, just days after Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis’ spokesperson Christina Pushaw charged that anyone who opposed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill was “probably” a “groomer” – essentially, a pedophile, pedophile enabler, or pedophile supporter, Fox News propagandist Laura Ingraham jumped into action.

“When did our public schools, any schools, become what are essentially grooming centers for gender identity radicals?” Ingraham asked, as Media Matters reported. The chyron was less ambiguous: “Liberals are sexually grooming elementary students.”

In fact, on Monday Media Matters’ Matthew Gertz wrote, “With Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law, Republicans have weaponized their Fox News base against teachers.”

Sunday night Fox News’ far-right “fringe” host Mark Levin hosted award-winning playwright David Mamet, who has no degree in childhood development, education, or sexual studies, to discuss public schools. He declared that teachers, especially male teachers, are “sexual predators.”

“Teachers are inclined, particularly men because men are predators, to pedophilia,” Mamet charged, pointing to no study that proves his claim.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/04/fox-news/

Capitol Rioter Who Blamed Trump For His Actions Found Guilty

A Washington, D.C., jury has ruled against an Ohio man who pinned the blame for his participation in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot on Donald Trump.

Dustin Byron Thompson, 38, was found guilty Thursday on all six counts, including charges related to disrupting Congress’ efforts to formally certify the results of the 2020 presidential election. He also stole a coat rack and two bottles of liquor from the Capitol.

U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton ordered Thompson to be detained until his sentencing because he considers him a flight risk. The judge excoriated the defendant, saying he believed Thompson was “weak-minded” and had lied on the stand about what he was thinking that day.

Walton also had choice words for Trump.

“The insurgency ― and it was, in effect, that ― is very troubling,” Walton said. “I think our democracy is in trouble because unfortunately we have charlatans, like the former president, in my view, who don’t care about democracy and only care about power.”

Testifying earlier this week, Thompson told the courtroom he viewed the then-president’s speech that day as his marching orders. Trump had ended his “Save America” rally outside the White House by urging his supporters to “fight like hell” against Joe Biden’s legitimate victory.

“If the president is giving you almost an order to do something, I felt obligated to do that,” Thompson said, according to NBC News.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Sunday night Fox News’ far-right “fringe” host Mark Levin hosted award-winning playwright David Mamet, who has no degree in childhood development, education, or sexual studies, to discuss public schools. He declared that teachers, especially male teachers, are “sexual predators.”

“Teachers are inclined, particularly men because men are predators, to pedophilia,” Mamet charged, pointing to no study that proves his claim.

Saw him on Bill Maher's show the other day, he is a scary guy for a playwright. The Edge remains an awesome movie no matter how nutso this guy becomes over time. Red Belt was good too

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Gosh if only homeless people would just stop choosing to be poor and choose to be rich instead. 

This is the most disgusting thing about a lot of modern conservatives.  They have no interest in looking into WHY anything is the way it is.

I believe it isn’t so much not looking into things, but rather knowing why things are the way they are and working to keep it that way. Maybe we are saying the same thing in that they want to ignore the issue, but it seems to be borne less out of “I don’t want to understand the problem that needs fixing because it is too complex and I can’t be bothered to learn” and more so “I understand it perfectly, but it’s not a problem to me because I am the advantaged one, and let’s keep it that way shall we”

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Saw him on Bill Maher's show the other day, he is a scary guy for a playwright. The Edge remains an awesome movie no matter how nutso this guy becomes over time. Red Belt was good too

Also wrote Glengarry Glen Ross, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Untouchables, Wag the Dog, and The Verdict. 

17 hours ago, Tracker said:

Fox News dangerously declares war on teachers: Calls for violence, accusations of 'inclination' to pedophilia

From Tucker Carlson to Laura Ingraham to Mark Levin, Fox News propagandists have declared war on public school teachers. The dangerous attacks follow the right’s misleading claims – fueled by Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” legislation – about children inappropriately being taught about sex, homosexuality, bisexuality, sexual orientation, and gender identity starting as early as kindergarten.

Last month, just days after Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis’ spokesperson Christina Pushaw charged that anyone who opposed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill was “probably” a “groomer” – essentially, a pedophile, pedophile enabler, or pedophile supporter, Fox News propagandist Laura Ingraham jumped into action.

“When did our public schools, any schools, become what are essentially grooming centers for gender identity radicals?” Ingraham asked, as Media Matters reported. The chyron was less ambiguous: “Liberals are sexually grooming elementary students.”

In fact, on Monday Media Matters’ Matthew Gertz wrote, “With Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law, Republicans have weaponized their Fox News base against teachers.”

So what happens is magats find this on the social media, point to it as their research, telling people to wake up sheep. Viscous viscous cycle of how disinformation, lies manipulates vulnerable people.

But yea facebook and twitter is all about connecting people encouraging good dialogue and sharing of ideas, censorship bad, so says billionaires making gobs and gobs of money off the backs of these people being manipulated.

Democrats. Why they lose.  Why they do not  follow through on promises.

"The campaign apparatus representing Washington, D.C.’s most prominent progressive lawmakers on Wednesday spurned Nina Turner, one of the highest-profile progressive candidates in the country.

The group, the Congressional Progressive Caucus PAC, has painted the decision as a pro forma one. But progressive lawmakers are now intervening in a hotly contested House race to back a corporate-aligned Democrat over a progressive candidate who co-chaired Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign and who the party’s conservative wing set out to destroy last year."

https://www.levernews.com/so-this-is-pramila-jayapals-strategy/

discouraging.

Edited by Mark F