Week Of vs BC Thanksgiving Game (Now With Depth Chart!)

Noeller

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Offenses arent by any means that simple. A wr runs the wrong route on a timing pass and the qb throws a pick 6. Breaks the wrong way, runs the route too deep or not deep enough etc. Offensive plays are designed to create openings, and set up other variations of the same play. You dont just have one wr run deep every play, a side from the fact they'd burn out in no time flat. Have you seen the size of a modern football play book on offense? 

if you're getting a guy in on short notice he's not going to have to know the whole play book, they'll let him do simple things, such as be the tall guy running deep winning one on one matchups. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

if you're getting a guy in on short notice he's not going to have to know the whole play book, they'll let him do simple things, such as be the tall guy running deep winning one on one matchups. 

No he isnt, which is why its incredibly impressive that they are putting him in. You arent changing the offense and plays around one new guy like that though. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

hey if they're putting him in on a days practise he's not going to know the playbook, it'll be dumbed down for him and he won't have to think that hard. 

no, just no. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

To me, it seems like the most difficult/critical thing would be knowing who to block on certain plays....

If hes on the lineup, I dont think they will use him on the pass protection. They will use the RBs and Gudino for that.

They will probably line him up on the wideout and use his height advantage.

54 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Despite reports to the contrary Tori Gurley will be in #Bombers lineup Saturday against #BCLions. #CFL

Sorry guys -- shoulda included that initially. I swear I wasn't just making **** up.........this time :)

This guy just tweeted an apology for reading the depth chart wrong.

Also, there's this...

Tori Gurley won't be in the #Bombers lineup against B.C. Saturday. He does however come from TOR (+25) to a city that is lightly snowing.

Edited by sweep the leg

?‍?This game might be the last time Bomber fans get to see Richie Leone up close.

“He is an exceptional punter,” Zalud (BC PR punter) said of Leone. “He most definitely can punt better than anyone I’ve ever seen. Field goals, kickoffs, he’s right up there with everybody else as well. He’s what we call a great combo guy.”

Justin Medlock of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers would not only second that motion, he’s the leading proponent and endorser of Leone as the next Jon Ryan, the former Bomber punter who holds the Canadian Football League single-season average record — 50.6 yards — a feat which launched him toward an NFL career with the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks.

?‍?Leone currently has a 50.1 punting average. 1st in net punting avg. 38.6  - In comparison, Medlock has a 43 yard avg. and net - 35.9. good enough for fourth on the net list

49 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

?‍?This game might be the last time Bomber fans get to see Richie Leone up close.

“He is an exceptional punter,” Zalud (BC PR punter) said of Leone. “He most definitely can punt better than anyone I’ve ever seen. Field goals, kickoffs, he’s right up there with everybody else as well. He’s what we call a great combo guy.”

Justin Medlock of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers would not only second that motion, he’s the leading proponent and endorser of Leone as the next Jon Ryan, the former Bomber punter who holds the Canadian Football League single-season average record — 50.6 yards — a feat which launched him toward an NFL career with the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks.

?‍?Leone currently has a 50.1 punting average. 1st in net punting avg. 38.6  - In comparison, Medlock has a 43 yard avg. and net - 35.9. good enough for fourth on the net list

jon ryan was the only time i have ever seen fans gets excited to watch a guy punt.  Course he started running some fakes and showed off a little of that former WR speed and that didnt hurt either. 
 I wonder who the better draft pick will end up being. Ryan or Loffler. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Penton also said Flanders will be returning kickoffs so that probably indicates McDuffie is not in the lineup

That's funny suggested this earlier in the year and it was no no no Flanders is a RB can't return kicks lol....long as we get him on the roster somewhere cause he deserves it...?