Winnipeg @ Calgary Depth Chart

voodoochylde

10 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

It must be killing him to write anything positive about the Bombers. As long as they are winning all he has left is pot shots about the concrete at IGF.  Honestly he has the worst writing style.  He's made a career out of making insults and belittling pass for criticism and disappointment.  Friesen = paid but amateur troll.

FYP ;)

20 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

It must be killing him to write anything positive about the Bombers. As long as they are winning all he has left is pot shots about the concrete at IGF.  Honestly he has the worst writing style.  He's made a career out of making insults and belittling pass for criticism and disappointment.  Friesen = paid professional troll.

Someone here once said that the day after we finally win a Grey cup, his first article will be titled ''It's all down hill from here''. That really sums him up well.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Rain would be good for us. Anything that puts the game in a more unpredictable environment would benefit the underdog.

**** that ****, I don't want to sit in the cold assed rain in Calgary, and in September it's just as likely to be snow as it is rain. Give me a sunny fall afternoon and may the better team win. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

**** that ****, I don't want to sit in the cold assed rain in Calgary, and in September it's just as likely to be snow as it is rain. Give me a sunny fall afternoon and may the better team win. 

Still remember going to a Bomber game in Calgary on Sept 15th and having to sit through a blizzard for half the game.  I believe it was 2006.  Kevin Glenn just decided he wanted to get the game over with as fast as possible, because you know, it was cold and everything, so he went into chuck and duck 2 and out mode.  What a miserable experience that was.

The Bombers' seven straight wins have come against mediocre or downright bad competition: the opposing teams have a combined winning percentage of .350.

Calgary's is .875.

This is another animal, entirely.

This is from Friesen's article.  I love statistics, you can manipulate them any way you want.  The combined winning percentage of the teams they faced is low, but a lot of that is due to the fact that they played Saskatchewan twice.  And Sask played extremely hard in both of those games.  I honestly don't give the Bombers much hope in this game given the history and how good Calgary is, but using these kinds of stats to sell the narrative is dishonest, disrespectful and just plain bad journalism.  Shame!

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I think back to the one game we DID win at McMahon in the last million years, and it was a ridiculous snow-bowl...... #WhateverItTakes

That was when Ian Wild did this on the last play of the game ...

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Losing Noeller and 17 to a tornado in order to win a game in Calgary is what I believe is called "acceptable losses".

Collateral damage. LOL! ^_^

40 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

wont be mcduffie hes the primary returner. 

who will you sit then?

Knox? If Bass got nicked our LB will have a hard time stopping Messam

Martin? I dont think we will rotate 6 DL only for this game since Stamps OL are good.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Still remember going to a Bomber game in Calgary on Sept 15th and having to sit through a blizzard for half the game.  I believe it was 2006.  Kevin Glenn just decided he wanted to get the game over with as fast as possible, because you know, it was cold and everything, so he went into chuck and duck 2 and out mode.  What a miserable experience that was.

2006 indeed, it was the worst experience I have ever had at a football game. Weather was cold and snowing and horrible and the Bombers were even worse. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

2006 indeed, it was the worst experience I have ever had at a football game. Weather was cold and snowing and horrible and the Bombers were even worse. 

Looked it up - they lost that game 43 - 9, or something close to that.  The only plus was that I got to see Danny Mac play live in what was probably his last game ever.

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I dont think Johnson or Heath will sit even Knox

jones, sherman, jonhson could sit, hurl, briggs gauthier etc. you think it makes more sense to sit out our main returner for 8th players at lb/db especially with our injury issues this year at wr and how good mcduffie has been at wr? 

Edited by wbbfan

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I assume Hurl is the other scratch?

That's what I thought...he hasn't practised in 3 weeks or so...but CJOB reported the following:

4h680 CJOB Sports‏ @CJOBSports

Harris/McDuffie on #CFL #Bombers depth chart vs @calstampeders , Neither are expected to play. Eric Martin replaces Justin Cole at DE

I heard Jeff Hamilton on 1290 this morning say that Harris didn't get on the plane with the team...he's back here in Winnipeg.

So Harris and 1 International, [we can only have 20 Ints on 44 man game-day roster(not including QBs) and we currently have 21 Ints on the depth chart]

McDuffie or Knox...wow...they're keeping us guessing this week...I'm guessing McDuffie sits...I don't think Hurl is healthy enough to step in and help out the LB corps...he'll dress but I don't think we'll see him all that much...kind of like the approach we took with Thomas last week.

Edited by Slingin Sammy

43 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Losing Noeller and 17 to a tornado in order to win a game in Calgary is what I believe is called "acceptable losses".

Why do I see this popping up in a future thread about "you're not a true fan if....."

New benchmark for true fandom set. Better get on it, 17 and Noeller. Perhaps a day trip to Kansas to expedite the process. Or are you not true fans???????