Winnipeg @ Calgary Depth Chart

voodoochylde

48 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Why do I see this popping up in a future thread about "you're not a true fan if....."

New benchmark for true fandom set. Better get on it, 17 and Noeller. Perhaps a day trip to Kansas to expedite the process. Or are you not true fans???????

True fans...and bigger/better fans than you (save the fat jokes, I've heard 'em...) :) And if I had to sacrifice my life for the Bombers to end a curse and win a GC, I think I just might..... #WhateverItTakes

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

jones, sherman, jonhson could sit, hurl, briggs gauthier etc. you think it makes more sense to sit out our main returner for 8th players at lb/db especially with our injury issues this year at wr and how good mcduffie has been at wr? 

you can only sit 1 nat and thats gonna be harris most likely.

fogg is a good returner too. and they trying heath this week too. dressler can also do it.

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Makes even less sense that they're not dressing Mayo.  The receiver group is brittle and Richards is the backup plan?

I'd like to see Mayo too, I'm a big fan of the guy but really - who do you bench to get him in there? The makeup of our roster does not support dressing a backup American receiver.

Medlock - obviously

Heath - dime back in several packages, very important beyond an injury replacement and benching him would leave us with inadequate options in the secondary if an injury occurred

Martin - rotational player on the line - this team has been using a 4 man rotation at DE all year, it's instilled in our guys - how do you adjust now? Especially with keeping those guys fresh being of utmost importance against such a solid OL.

Knox - this would be the one that you could maybe argue, but he's one of our best special teams guys on cover teams and again, he's a backup to Bass (who is already nicked)

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd like to see Mayo too, I'm a big fan of the guy but really - who do you bench to get him in there? The makeup of our roster does not support dressing a backup American receiver.

Medlock - obviously

Heath - dime back in several packages, very important beyond an injury replacement and benching him would leave us with inadequate options in the secondary if an injury occurred

Martin - rotational player on the line - this team has been using a 4 man rotation at DE all year, it's instilled in our guys - how do you adjust now? Especially with keeping those guys fresh being of utmost importance against such a solid OL.

Knox - this would be the one that you could maybe argue, but he's one of our best special teams guys on cover teams and again, he's a backup to Bass (who is already nicked)

Isn't Hurl playing? He's fully capable of taking over for Bass if he were to go down. Not one of those Designated imports is being used for the offensive side of the ball, we surely don't want to see Richards, JFG and Kohlert all on the field at once.

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Medlock - obviously

Isn't this the first time we've di'ed a db this season?

38 minutes ago, tracker said:

I see this as a make or break for Bass at MLB. Our D-line is good enough to occupy the Stamps' blockers, so it will probably come down to Messam vs Bass, mano-a-mano. Messam is big enough to dismember our d-backs in collisions if he gets much past the line of scrimmage.

It would have been a good opportunity to give Knox a trial at MLB to see if he can handle Messam, switching Bass to WIL.  Perhaps we'll see some of that formation tomorrow.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Bass is more than physical enough to stop Messam - anyone recall how he put the ol' pile driver on him in their last loss to Calgary?  The question is will he stay in position to make stops consistently or will he get wiped out by the Stamps run scheme and allow big run gains.

One play is not necessarily the best indicator of how well Bass can compensate for the size/weight differential.  Bass is giving away about 50 lbs (22kg) to Messam and that adds up.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

One play is not necessarily the best indicator of how well Bass can compensate for the size/weight differential.  Bass is giving away about 50 lbs (22kg) to Messam and that adds up.

That's true - especially as a game progresses that advantage could be magnified unless they shut Messam down hard (and early)

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Why do I see this popping up in a future thread about "you're not a true fan if....."

New benchmark for true fandom set. Better get on it, 17 and Noeller. Perhaps a day trip to Kansas to expedite the process. Or are you not true fans???????

How has FOX Network not created an NFL-version of this as a reality TV show? This seems like exactly the kind of thing they'd jump at.