Jets Training Camp Schedule & Roster

Rich

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Who is anyone kidding really.  

Guys like thorburn Peluso strait Lowry Stuart pavelec etc will all be on the 23 man roster. It's just how it will be. 

I'd be surprised if 1 of those guys are sent down. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they waived Peluso or Strait, I would be surprised if they waived Thorburn and I would be shocked if they waived Lowry and Pavelec.

Thorburn is staying, I have no problem with that, he provides vet leadership and does his job. Peluso is redundant and I can see him not on the team. For me the jury is still out on Lowry, his size, age, potential, and ability to play the rough game is needed with all of the skill players that are packing the Jet's roster, Buff alone can't do it.  I'd be disappointed if they don't give Morrissey a real chance (I mean 20 - 30 games at least) to show he's ready. Laine and Conner are not going down to the Moose and will be on the team, I have no doubt about that. After that? All bets are off ...

Edited by IC Khari

I don't see how they can justify keeping Peluso unless he is on IR.

I still see spots for Thorburn, Lowry and Stuart.  As much as I like Dano, I think he will be sent down.  My opening day roster:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler

Laine-Little-Armia

Connor-Perreault-Stafford

Tanev-Copp-Thorburn

Chiarot-Byfuglien

Enstrom-Myers 

Stuart-Morrissey

Burmistrov, Lowry, Postma in the press box, Matthias on IR.  There always seems to be at least one player on IR so I think it's fair to plan for that.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Sure would be nice if they had an extended roster for the first 10 games. Maybe 25.

I would like to see an expanded roster for 10 games for players on 2-way contracts. That way, teams can't 'hide' players or sit them avoiding waivers. Players deserve better than to sit, waiting for a chance. 

Edited by JCon

Preseason loss missing our top line and a defense that has a lot of problems, Trouba would help, so would trading him for quality defensemen but it looks like the management is set to play a game of chicken. Who they keep and who they sent down will be a big indication if Chevy & Co. think they can contend.

Connor was pretty solid. 2 short handed goals and 2 power play goals against helle tonight. He was solid but seriously hung out to dry big time.  

It's pretty pathetic when the play of Chiarot and Myers makes me think maybe Stuart isn't so bad after all. 

Buff wasn't good. Morrissey was. Postma was. Chiarot was awful. 

17 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Nice to Little get a goal thought he has been mostly invisible the games he has played, and before people start harping about Laine remember he is 18 years old it's going to take some time for him to adjust.

I thought Laine had a good game as did his two linemates...

Laine wasn't great but he certainly wasn't awful. Connor was pretty good. Tanev should I repeat should make the team. 

You know what. .. can talk about Laine Connor JoMo Helle all we want but they are young guys who will have ups and downs. The guys I thought stood out today and not in a good way were thorburn (he is just 2 slow to keep up ) Chiarot  (been pretty awful all pre season) Myers (I think playing with Chiarot played a role in that, myers Chiarot is just a bad pairing) and Burmistrov  (if you want a play to die give it to burmi ) these are the guys we should be concerned about but the kids like helle (Maurice even said he was hung out to dry) JoMo Connor Laine and even Tanev were all pretty good actually.... they weren't bad... and they weren't awful like the guys I mentioned who are vets 

Edited by Goalie

Guy on other site was at the game and said Laine seems to be focusing more on his defensive responsibilities right now. 

I know people think Laine is just some ovechkin like goal scorer but he's not... he's actually way more defensively responsible than ppl give him credit for. He's a very good 2 way player

49 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Guy on other site was at the game and said Laine seems to be focusing more on his defensive responsibilities right now. 

I know people think Laine is just some ovechkin like goal scorer but he's not... he's actually way more defensively responsible than ppl give him credit for. He's a very good 2 way player

Too bad he was the only one tonight ...

One of the talking heads this week and said watching Burmi in practice he looks like he has all the talent in the world. But in games he can't put it together.  I've always been a fan because you can see the talent. But his time is running out. 

He should probably focus on being a defensive forward and use his possession ability to his advantage. But yeah time is running out 

I dunno how good Laine is at the rest of the game, but when the play was in the offensive zone you always noticed him, especially on the PP. Guy just understands how to make offense work and he's going to put up a lot of points in his career just because of it. 

McDavid is just stupid, not only is he the fastest guy on the ice but he doesn't look like he's working hard to be the fastest guy on the ice either. Honestly the lineup the Jets sent deserved to get beaten badly and they were. Oilers had a much better group on the ice for the home fans.