Jets Training Camp Schedule & Roster

Rich

Dano was pretty solid this game and might be the 4th line LW with Copp. He's playing LW and that's where Maurice likes him. Connor will be on the third line with Perreault and either Burmi or Armia. Not sure who yet. I'd think Armia which would probably make the 4th line Dano Copp Burmi. 

Maurice likes Dano and singled Dano copp and Connor out in his post game scrum. 

Connor has played all pre season on a line with Perreault at Center and Connor on the left. 

Laine has played with Little all pre season. 

I think it goes like this to start 

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler 

Laine little Stafford 

Connor Perreault Armia 

Dano/Tanev Copp Burmi 

Thorburn and Lowry press box 

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Dano was pretty solid this game and might be the 4th line LW with Copp. He's playing LW and that's where Maurice likes him. Connor will be on the third line with Perreault and either Burmi or Armia. Not sure who yet. I'd think Armia which would probably make the 4th line Dano Copp Burmi. 

Connor has played all pre season on a line with Perreault at Center and Connor on the left. 

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler 

Laine little Stafford 

Connor Perreault Armia 

Dano/Tanev Copp Burmi 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Buff Enstrom 

Myers Morrissey 

Postma Stuart 

Chiarot as the 7th d man 

Think that they keep all 3 goalies up to start 

Think u nailed it but the last 2 years they ran with 8 D during the season so maybe drop Dano and keep Kich.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler 

Laine little Stafford 

Connor Perreault Armia 

Dano/Tanev Copp Burmi 

Is Press Box at RW? ;)

Edited by IC Khari

I still don't know why Matthias was signed in the first place.  Where does he fit? I would have thought that Chevy would have traded a spare part like Burmi or Stafford or Lowry by now.  Too many forwards and not enough spots if Laine and Connor are expected to make the team this year.  Was this a surprise to management?  Did they not expect Laine and Connor to make the cut?

Matthias will be on IR for a bit I think. Like Lemieux. When he's back... you will probably see a trade and Armia drops to 4th line and Matthias goes 3rd line RW 

Perhaps a trade happens before hand. 

Kichton won't make the team. He's good on the PP but horrible in his own zone and can't pass. Kichton is what you call a perfect ahl d man. He's not making the jets tho 

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I still don't know why Matthias was signed in the first place.  Where does he fit? I would have thought that Chevy would have traded a spare part like Burmi or Stafford or Lowry by now.  Too many forwards and not enough spots if Laine and Connor are expected to make the team this year.  Was this a surprise to management?  Did they not expect Laine and Connor to make the cut?

He's expansion draft fodder. 2 year deal screams expansion fodder. I think a trade is possible and I think you might see a minor one in a bit. 

He was signed partly because of the expansion draft and his PK ability. I really hope he doesn't play anywhere near the 3rd line. Trade him and Staf (two players impeding the younger players' TOI) at the TD and leave Lowry unprotected instead.

I can't see how the Jets will justify sending Connor down. He has to stay. he will learn the D game as Ehlers did and inprove over the year. Been saying all along, imagine PL and KC on the wings on their off side on the PP.....scary good. MP at center and Armia or Staf on the wing with Connor on the 3rd line to start the year. Morrissey and KC have made the team. Petan will be one of the later cuts as will De Leo and sadly Tanev.

What to do with the goalies though? That is a huge question and I bet they start off with Pavs and Hutch....I just get that felling. There are two games left and you would think Helle and Pavs will get the starts. I would honestly send Pavs down to back up Comrie. He is not in the long range plans of this team. Pavs and Trouba to ? for ?.

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

I can't see how the Jets will justify sending Connor down. He has to stay. he will learn the D game as Ehlers did and inprove over the year. Been saying all along, imagine PL and KC on the wings on their off side on the PP.....scary good. MP at center and Armia or Staf on the wing with Connor on the 3rd line to start the year. Morrissey and KC have made the team. Petan will be one of the later cuts as will De Leo and sadly Tanev.

You can justify sending Connor down because he's young and may not be physically capable of staying with the club for the entire year. I think he starts with the club, based on his preseason but I'm not sure he sticks. It's a huge leap from Rookie-NCAA to the NHL.

He could go down, partner him with Roslovic (assuming he sticks with the Moose) and let them develop together.

See: Petan and Sheif. Both had awesome camps and put up numbers but needed more time to develop at a lower level (OHL/AHL).

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler 

Laine little Stafford 

Connor Perreault Armia 

Dano/Tanev Copp Burmi 

Yup.  And that would be pretty good. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler 

Laine little Stafford 

Connor Perreault Armia 

Dano/Tanev Copp Burmi 

Lowry in the press box? Haven't seen any of the preseason, is he playing himself off the roster?

Others have stepped up in my opinion.  But reality is my opinion and everyone else's is irrelevant so ya Lowry probably makes the team. I'd bet thorburn does also. Because Maurice. Bet that the dumpster fire Strait makes it also. 

Lipon Kichton Howden all on waivers so they have been sent down 

32 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Logan Stanley back to Windsor.

Eric Comrie, Jan Kostalek, Kevin Czuczman, Jack Roslovic, Scott Kosmachuk Moose bound.

Feel bad about last 2 but they got their foot in the door.

Awesome for Roslovic. Could have sent him to London but they think he's ready for the pros. That's quite a compliment!!

Edited by JCon
Can't type.

Wow, I am glad Roslo earned a spot with the Moose...thought he might go back to junior.

Lipon, Kichton and Howden need to clear waivers but can't see that being a problem.

21 forwards left and two are injured so you would think 5 would be sent down at final cuts. 12 playing +5 sent down +2 in pressbox +2 injured.

De Leo, Olsen, Peluso, Petan and Tanev would be my guess to go to the Moose. When the two injured come back Lemieux will go to Moose and Dano will go down.

9 D men left so you would think 2 would be sent down and I think that will be Strait and Melchiori.

Who knows with our 3 goalies but I have a suspicion that Helle is going down.

Edited by Ducky