Jets Training Camp Schedule & Roster

Rich

Here's the thing...

If Morrissey makes the team, is he ready for top pairing minutes with Buff? That doesn't feel right.

But then, who partners with Buff? Chiarot? They paired well two years ago. But who else? Enstrom? That leaves a hole next to Myers

Back to Morrissey for a sec....

If not Buff, then who? Myers? Postma? That means Stuart sits, right? Will they do that? 

Our D depth is poor. Chevy needs to make some trades and shore it up. Enstrom, if not re-signed, is gone after next season and Stanley will not be ready. What does that leave us with for a D corps when we are supposed to be contenders?

Morrissey Buff Chiarot (if re-signed) Myers (gone the next year if not re-signed) and Trouba's rights.

Kostalek Stanley Nogier Poolman (if signed). I don't see anyone from this group playing for the Jets any ti me soon.

Chevy needs to move out some forwards for some D men.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Our D depth is poor. Chevy needs to make some trades and shore it up. Enstrom, if not re-signed, is gone after next season and Stanley will not be ready. What does that leave us with for a D corps when we are supposed to be contenders?

Morrissey Buff Chiarot (if re-signed) Myers (gone the next year if not re-signed) and Trouba's rights.

Kostalek Stanley Nogier Poolman (if signed). I don't see anyone from this group playing for the Jets any ti me soon.

Chevy needs to move out some forwards for some D men.

I generally believe you need 10 defencemen in the organization who are capable of playing in the NHL and I think we have that.  Keeping in mind that you aren't going to have NHL regulars in those 9-10 spots (no one does).

Enstrom - Byfuglien

Morrissey - Myers

Chiarot - Postma

Stuart - Strait

Melchiori - Kichton

Strong defence through your top 6 is more then a Jets problem.  It is a league wide problem and why top 4 defencemen fetch such a premium.

This problem is only going to be exasperated with the Las Vegas expansion.

Of course having a D-Man who was a top 10 draft pick decide he doesn't want to play with you after his ELC doesn't help.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I generally believe you need 10 defencemen in the organization who are capable of playing in the NHL and I think we have that.  Keeping in mind that you aren't going to have NHL regulars in those 9-10 spots (no one does).

Enstrom - Byfuglien

Morrissey - Myers

Chiarot - Postma

Stuart - Strait

Melchiori - Kichton

Reviews on Strait so far are below Moose level.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So how did Laine look last night? I couldn't get TSN Go to work. It must monitor IP addresses and location. 

He had one shot that Jets TV deemed highlightable.

How bout that Tanev goal that was not a goal.

2g's for Connor now.

Why would anyone take on Buff? That dude is crazy.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Moose bound part 1

Jake Baker
Mikhail Berdin
Axel Blomqvist
Patrice Cormier
Brandon Denham
Jiri Fronk
Jimmy Lodge
Nelson Nogier
Jamie Phillips
Peter Stoykewych
Tyson Wilson

Looks like this gets put away...for now

vleM4du.jpg

CHL bound

Jansen Harkins
Matteo Gennaro
Luke Green
Jordy Stallard
Michael Spacek

& Matt Murphy just plain cut

Down to 25 forwards. 13 d and 4 g,

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

4-0 victory tonight over Cowtown.

Those who stood out...DeLeo, Pavelec and how bout Stuart who pocketed one?

Pav may be the oldest goalie but he's the quickest. I suppose its a butterfly thing.

Morrissey gotta stay outta that box. Thorbs fightin for his job. Burmi/Lowry noticeable, Tanev not so much.

Decent play by the d overall.

Lol. Pavelec made routine saves look more difficult because he has poor positioning.  He's definitely not the quickest.... it just looks that way because he's out of position so much so he has to scramble to make a save. He made 4 good saves and 27 easy ones. Who exactly played for Calgary tonight? 

Congrats on shutting out the stockton heat of the ahl 

Burmi and Lowry only noticeable because of how slow they are. 

Thorburn?  Gimme a break.  He shouldn't be on the team and if he is... Maurice is full of crap. 

Edited by Goalie