Bombers add five to PR

Jpan85

Outlaw has certainly got the height and speed we need....could be a find...Don't know if he rode with Jesse James and can shoot straight or not but he can catch...This isn't the arena league however and I will wait and see how he performs on a larger playing surface before coming to any conclusions...Hope he gets a shot..

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Outlaw has certainly got the height and speed we need....could be a find...Don't know if he rode with Jesse James and can shoot straight or not but he can catch...This isn't the arena league however and I will wait and see how he performs on a larger playing surface before coming to any conclusions...Hope he gets a shot..

Could be a guy who gets a look this year, could be one of the guys brought in now to get a head start for camp next year. Certainly will be interesting to follow. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Could be a guy who gets a look this year, could be one of the guys brought in now to get a head start for camp next year. Certainly will be interesting to follow. 

Maybe Adams is moving into next year and if Sheppard is out a few weeks we needed to backfill the WR spot anyways. Mayo has looked good in his opportunities so I would assume he gets first crack at the lineup but if Outlaw comes in and performs in practice then that's just another guy who can step in when we need him.

The two who stand out are the QB and receiver. Outlaw ought to be in the NFL- fluid runner, size and very confident hands- there's gotta be a fly in the ointment somewhere. MBT has the NFL size  with quick decisions and very good control on his passes- seems to take a hellacious hit well, too. Likely a project QB, though.

Watched that video of all of MBTs throws in a preseason game for the Vikings.  Don't think his mechanics are that great.  He's got a big arm and he needs it because he torques his hips away from his target when he throws.  He's basically overpowering himself with his upper body to get the ball there.  Lots of negative movement.  That leads to inaccurate floaters.  He'll be an INT machine on the wider field.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I remember hearing this Lonnie Outlaw name before ... I think he was in camp with Calgary at one point? Or he tried out for us? I can't remember, but I feel like he's already pretty up there in years.

deleted

Edited by LeBird
age found

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Watched that video of all of MBTs throws in a preseason game for the Vikings.  Don't think his mechanics are that great.  He's got a big arm and he needs it because he torques his hips away from his target when he throws.  He's basically overpowering himself with his upper body to get the ball there.  Lots of negative movement.  That leads to inaccurate floaters.  He'll be an INT machine on the wider field.

All qbs are taught to twist hips like that, that is how and where your power is generated in the throwing motion. Be it in baseball, or football. In fact colleges have a hip jam that you see in basically every school to get qbs to use their hips more. His mechanics are smooth and good. Its the reason why he's floated the nfl soo much. he uses very little upper body in his throws. If that was the case youd see a wind up motion, or a hitch in his delivery. Youd see a pause when his hand goes back before it goes forward. None of those things happen.

His accuracy isnt mechanical, and may not be fix able. its hard to say how much of what he does can be improved with his age and number of coaches hes had. But with his lack of real reps you never know. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

All qbs are taught to twist hips like that, that is how and where your power is generated in the throwing motion. Be it in baseball, or football. In fact colleges have a hip jam that you see in basically every school to get qbs to use their hips more. His mechanics are smooth and good. Its the reason why he's floated the nfl soo much. he uses very little upper body in his throws. If that was the case youd see a wind up motion, or a hitch in his delivery. Youd see a pause when his hand goes back before it goes forward. None of those things happen.

His accuracy isnt mechanical, and may not be fix able. its hard to say how much of what he does can be improved with his age and number of coaches hes had. But with his lack of real reps you never know. 

QBs are taught to turn into and finish through their target on set throws.  He's doing the opposite, he's falling away from his target in most of the set throws on that video.

He's got a strong arm as a base and that will always be attractive, like a pitcher who throws 95 whether that guy can find the plate or not.

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

QBs are taught to turn into and finish through their target on set throws.  He's doing the opposite, he's falling away from his target in most of the set throws on that video.

He's got a strong arm as a base and that will always be attractive, like a pitcher who throws 95 whether that guy can find the plate or not.

He follows through in the same manner as all fast release qbs. The opposite of a follow through is stopping dead, if he did that even in his limited touches his arm would be toast. In the vikings game he was under crazy amounts of pressure, watch his college high lights. Or the high lights from other nfl pre season action. 

Despite pre conceived notions, a strong arm does not get and keep you a job in the nfl. They expect an arm strong enough to make all the throws, but tons of guys stick down there with mediocre arms. Passing accuracy is whats demanded above all else, and high amounts of experience. Which is what makes his time and multitude of teams down south so impressive. 

Matter of fact, pitchers delivery can be success and have been with a follow throw that nearly falls, drops off 3rd base side or first base.  

Tom brady uses very similar style mechanics. Different follow throughs and delivery points and arm angles can be effective.

Edited by wbbfan

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

raw

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Funny I was about to say,  mechanics are nice but I would rather have a guy with a "Flutie brain". 

lol id take a flutie brain over any thing. 

33 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

Neither one of you is right...one said that Lapo would be fired before seasons end and Buck would take over! The other that Mcduffie is useless :rolleyes:

I said he should, and buck could. I said countless times i didnt know if our organization would can any one mid season no matter what happens. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Not bad college numbers but not great, 41-829-2tds 2009, 22-417-10tds 2008. GMC isnt exactly USC, but at his age and size im kind of baffled he hasnt warranted an nfl stint on prs at least. 

Looks good running out of the slot and wr, hands looks good too.  In that clip really uses his hands well. Makes it look easy. Im astounded. His age, speed, size and hands. 

Looks like a taller Adarius Bowman ... with hands ;)

Sometimes you hit with some guys. Sometimes you miss. Right now they are just PR guys... but funny thing is .. and I'm not comparing outlaw to these guys but at one point... Chris Matthews... Greg Carr, Dion Rogers, D Walker, Bowman etc were all a bunch of guys looked over by the nfl also. 

Not saying this guy is the next Matthews or Walker or even Greg Carr, who was pretty solid as a bomber but left and his career faded away but... who knows really.  He's got great size plus he's only 24. Maybe he gets a shot.. maybe he's released In a week. 

Edited by Goalie