Bombers add five to PR

Jpan85

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

but taking the 5 best times isn't really anything to do with average. the fastest of the fast at a skill position? Sure I'll buy that, but rank and file I get outside those elite few there's more dbs than receivers with speed. 

I agree we this. Is there such a thing as a slow db? Certainly nobody who couldn't outrun a guy like Fantuz or Lewis.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

but taking the 5 best times isn't really anything to do with average. the fastest of the fast at a skill position? Sure I'll buy that, but rank and file I get outside those elite few there's more dbs than receivers with speed. Also I really don't like using NFL numbers when speaking on a CFL forum. Those super fast receivers are few and far between up here and we get a lot of dbs that simply don't have the height requirement so it probably skews things in their favour in this league. 

Averages are too subjective with the difference in timing. Not to mention as i stated that you have some guys that are tweeners at wr. 

40 yards in 40 yards and virtually every one in the cfl ran in one of those regional or higher level combines. So not liking talking nfl in this way isnt really applicable. Id also argue we see more elite level speedsters. how many sub 180 lbs players in the nfl? How many guys under 5'9? The wider field and more smaller players gives chances to small fast guys that almost never get a look in the nfl. The biggest freaks are certainly down there, but our average wr is probably faster then down there because they have to be bigger and much stronger beating press cover and running between 250lbs+ safetys and lbers. 

You think the height/weight requirement applies to dbs but not wrs? The nfl standard expected for size at db is smaller then wr. If bolt was a WR coming out in the nfl draft theyd say he needs to add weight.

The KR/pr number really illustrates to point well too. You dont get imp dbs that are jamie stoddard slow, but weve seen guys who arent top speed fast at the position.