Toronto @ Winnipeg Depth Chart

voodoochylde

29 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think Posey is done for the season.

So, really, we have four corners (Randle, Adams, Frederick, Roberts) and three halfbacks (Fogg, Johnson, Heath).  I'd rather keep the depth than start shipping players out.  I can't imagine we would get that much in return for an import DB, especially if it's an underperforming guy like B Johnson.  Maybe you could move Roberts to a desperate team for a 6th round pick or something but again, I'd rather keep the depth if we can.  All of them are likely making low salaries outside of Randle and Johnson.

TBH I didn't even bother to check on Posey's health (and for a while forgot about him completely)

I guess the return for an import DB would depend on how desperate the team acquiring him would be and their standing for this season. A team like Edmonton may be willing to pay more to shore up a need on a team that probably has championship aspirations whereas a team like Saskatchewan can try to get a return on a player who may be lost for nothing at seasons end.

The return would also depend on the teams faith in it's US scouting and how they can shore up their depth going into next season.

1 hour ago, peggars said:

25,000 tickets sold so far, disappointing.  Thought it would at least 28-29,000 after the banjo bowl and current win streak

As of 5pm yesterday.  I don't see why we can't hit 28,000 at least.  Supposed to be a great afternoon tomorrow.  

I'll be boating from the Leg to the stadium tomorrow - wave if you see us go by! 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I know they're totally different positions and all, but man I hate seeing Freddy Frederick sitting while Rented Mule Johnson continues to see the field... 

So Johnson has become this year's version of a "whipping boy"?  Too bad Macho lost his starters job and this important designation at the same time.  Why is it so necessary to single out a player as a problem when he has played no better or worse than any other member of the secondary?  Every member of that secondary has been burned on occasion (Adams, Fogg, Frederick, Roberts, Jones) and yet they have still performed remarkably well as a unit despite the continual rotation of players.  Heath does not automatically get Johnson's job, he has to prove he is a better player on the field, within this secondary.

27 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

There's no way they put Kilgore in if Lefevour falters I would assume. His days are numbered. I think his window has closed. But hey if they do, awesome for us.

I don't know... if the Winnipeg D is all fired up with several picks on the board, do you really want to throw Willy to the wolves on one week practice?  I'd just put in Kilgore as the sacrificial lamb.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

So Johnson has become this year's version of a "whipping boy"?  Too bad Macho lost his starters job and this important designation at the same time.  Why is it so necessary to single out a player as a problem when he has played no better or worse than any other member of the secondary?  Every member of that secondary has been burned on occasion (Adams, Fogg, Frederick, Roberts, Jones) and yet they have still performed remarkably well as a unit despite the continual rotation of players.  Heath does not automatically get Johnson's job, he has to prove he is a better player on the field, within this secondary.

Johnson hasn't stood out to you in a bad way regularly this season?? What games are you watching...? 

3 hours ago, Nash00 said:

So what's our ideal secondary once everyone is healthy? Randle-Heath-Loffler-Fogg-Adams or does Frederick take over for Adams? What if Adams shows out this week and you can't take him out of the lineup? What about CJ Roberts and Julian Posey? Good problems to have.

Does Walters use this area of strength to help prop up our team in other areas come trade deadline perhaps? I would think that no less than 3-4 teams (Saskatchewan, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa if not more) would appreciate the depth at secondary that we have. It also speaks to the fact that Walters held firm in his ask for Heath when we acquired him from the Argos that maybe he has a plan for the added depth at secondary.

Maybe we can flip Roberts or Posey to Sask for Roosevelt before he bails on them in FA anyways ;) ?

should be frederick. Hope fully we see that next week. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Dude Johnson has been doing the matador tackling all season long. He has had a couple good games but mostly he's been underwhelming. Do you think the Bombers would have insisted on Heath in the Willy trade if they felt Johnson was playing great football?

Just now, 17to85 said:

Dude Johnson has been doing the matador tackling all season long. He has had a couple good games but mostly he's been underwhelming. Do you think the Bombers would have insisted on Heath in the Willy trade if they felt Johnson was playing great football?

every team weve played has been picking on him too.

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

should be frederick. Hope fully we see that next week. 

One thing that he has really impressed me with is his tackling skills. It was evident in his first start vs Edmonton and obviously the open field tackle on Bridge last week. As 17to85 eluded to above, someone else in the secondary could learn a thing or two from him. Nothing boils my blood more than seeing defenders try to shoulder check instead of making the tackle.

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

on the bb site Mos said in interview that frederick has been banged up and this week is him getting healthy and giving adams a chance to see if he can regain the form he showed here previously. 

Mos also says that harris is a game time decision. 

Having Flanders on the 46 makes that possible.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I don't know... if the Winnipeg D is all fired up with several picks on the board, do you really want to throw Willy to the wolves on one week practice?  I'd just put in Kilgore as the sacrificial lamb.

Good point. If they do that, that would put the final nail in his CFL career.

7 minutes ago, O2L said:

Love that JFG comes in for Sheppard if Flanders is in for Harris. We talked all week about JFG/Denmark but this swap makes way more sense. JFG can block and while not as tall as Sheppard, is still a bigger body.

JFG is not bigger than Sheppard and it's been reported Sheppard is a very good blocker.