Labour Day Classic Pre-Game Thread: Depth Chart, etc

Noeller

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Agree with a lot that you have said. You know as well as I do that as the clock ticks down that a late call can decide a game. That late PI call on Dressler that took the ball away from the Riders was a back breaker? Yes or NO?

I saw a defender make contact with a receiver 5 yards off the line of scrimmage an force him off his route for nearly 10 yards before turning around and making a play on the ball.

41 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You'd think they'd be used to losing by now and more resigned to the fact their team sucks., rather then looking for excuses.  If the PI call bothers them so much, blame their coach for wasting his challenges.

You are right. No sense in expecting the refs to make the correct call on the field, we should have had a challenge ready.

Iffy call? Maybe but it wasn't exactly the same as what didn't get called on the bombers earlier. There was a difference. Adams and receiver were hand fighting.... both were. Looked to Me like the one on dressler was more illegal contact but cuz ball thrown his way and catchable it was PI. Can complain about reffing... I could go on and on about all the illegal holds the riders oline gets away with or guys being 5 yards offside on some plays or illegal blocks on the punt return td but bottom line is.... those calls go both ways. Iffy calls all night long.... Blaming refs is easy but when you turn the ball over multiple times.... and lose your challenge on stupidly obvious plays... well you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Imo this was not one of the bombers better games in recent memory... the game was way closer than it should have been... bottom line .. good teams find ways to win... bad teams look for excuses when they lose 

You know what the difference between the bombers and riders are? When the bombers lose... O'shea takes the bullet for his team... doesn't look for excuses... Jones? Well... he either throws his players or refs or basically anybody but himself under the bus 

Edited by Goalie

Poor Rider fans. I mean its a clear conspiracy that Chris Jones chose to take two foolish third down gambles. It was clearly the Commish who made Jones takes his previous two challenges. It must be Glen Johnson's fault that Crapigna missed two FGs.  Its a conspiracy that allowed McDuffie to be so open on his TD.

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Iffy call? Maybe but it wasn't exactly the same as what didn't get called on the bombers earlier. There was a difference. Adams and receiver were hand fighting.... both were. Looked to Me like the one on dressler was more illegal contact but cuz ball thrown his way and catchable it was PI. Can complain about reffing... I could go on and on about all the illegal holds the riders oline gets away with or guys being 5 yards offside on some plays or illegal blocks on the punt return td but bottom line is.... those calls go both ways. Iffy calls all night long.... Blaming refs is easy but when you turn the ball over multiple times.... and lose your challenge on stupidly obvious plays... well you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Imo this was not one of the bombers better games in recent memory... the game was way closer than it should have been... bottom line .. good teams find ways to win... bad teams look for excuses when they lose 

You know what the difference between the bombers and riders are? When the bombers lose... O'shea takes the bullet for his team... doesn't look for excuses... Jones? Well... he either throws his players or refs or basically anybody but himself under the bus 

Which player did Jones throw under the bus?

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

That's what I thought, you got nothing.

I don't really understand how you can actually sit there and defend this **** show clown. Man... looks like the Jones Pederson conspiracy BS got to you also. Be objective. It's ok to actually look at your coach every now and then and question him. Plus like dude above said... Rob Bagg got called out. Did Jones take any responsibility for the loss? 

Jones, who let assistant Coaches talk him into throwing that first challenge flag. (He was actually putting the flag away)

Jones, who reacted to the fans and their calls on the second challenge, rather than believe his eyes, when CLEARLY Roosevelt trapped the end zone catch.

Jones, who gambled on third down instead of trying a FG?

Jones, who showed us possibly the worst fake punt in CFL history.

Suurrre the refs cost you the game.

Let's all interlock our arms and chant the conspiracy song.

1 minute ago, peggars said:

lol when we suck we want pitchforks pointed at our board of directors, coaches and players, when riders suck the pitchforks get pointed at the league, officials, other fans and underpants gnomes who are clearly fixing these games 

They are only critical of a coach or GM after they are sh it canned. It may be for fear of being labeled a troll.

That Bagg call on 3rd down was such a brutal call (and that was a quick pass if I remember correctly, so Bagg must have been the first read on that play.) Robb Bagg's a fine football player but expecting him to yac his way to a first down against a secondary that's playing short-yardage tight doesn't seem like a high-percentage play.

(we hung Kohlert out to dry a couple weeks ago in a similar fashion, tossed him a short pass behind the line of scrimmage on a second-and-long and he just got buried.)

Edited by johnzo

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't really understand how you can actually sit there and defend this **** show clown. Man... looks like the Jones Pederson conspiracy BS got to you also. Be objective. It's ok to actually look at your coach every now and then and question him. Plus like dude above said... Rob Bagg got called out. Did Jones take any responsibility for the loss? 

I'm super critical of Jones and have been all year. I'm not a **** when we win and not a baby when we lose. Just not going to put up with flat out made up BS that people post just to pile on. I'm surprised how chirpy some of you guys are. Squeaked out a win against the worst team in the league aided by some calls by the refs. Good job. Nichols again couldn't score when it mattered, just lucky things worked out the way they did. A win is a win, so full credit for winning today.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

I'm super protective of Jones and have been all year. I'm a **** when we win and a baby when we lose. Just not going to put up with flat out made up BS that people post just to pile on. I'm surprised how chirpy some of you guys are. Squeaked out a win against the worst team in the league aided by some calls by the refs. Good job. Nichols again couldn't score when it mattered, just lucky things worked out the way they did. A win is a win, so full credit for winning today.

Fixed it for you.

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

Agree with a lot that you have said. You know as well as I do that as the clock ticks down that a late call can decide a game. That late PI call on Dressler that took the ball away from the Riders was a back breaker? Yes or NO?

It didnt help your cause but if the Rider D tightened up after that and didnt allow anymore yards it would have been a 53 yarder for Medlock as opposed to a 43 yarder which is no gimmie. Again, one penalty does not a game make.

6 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It didnt help your cause but if the Rider D tightened up after that and didnt allow anymore yards it would have been a 53 yarder for Medlock as opposed to a 43 yarder which is no gimmie. Again, one penalty does not a game make.

We intercepted the ball, the defense didn't have to tighten up. I agree that one play doesn't make a game however, but there are definitely certain plays that hurt bad, that was one of them. The McDuffie td was the other.