Bombers @ Alouettes

Rich

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Hardrick looked to be healthy at practice yesterday and did get a lot of reps.

I think it's just a case of the team being on a 3-0 run and they don't want to make too many changes. 

I believe Hardrick was out there for 2 of the 3 during this streak though. Shoulders are pretty important and can get hurt easily once there is an issue. Giving him another week or two isn't the end of the world.

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sure hope Hardrick hasn't lost his job to Foketi and it's just injury related.  Hardrick has been an emotional spark plug for the team and his attitude has infected the entire O-line and finally brought them to life and that has been the key to this brief turn-around.

Hardrick was part of the starting OL for the first seven weeks, I'm not sure you can give him credit for the turnaround.  He was good at RT but so was Foketi, IMO.

Hardrick is a natural RT.....Foketi a natural LT who played RT for the first time ever in his life last week. If Foketi is starting over Hardrick, gotta think it's an injury related thing. I'm curious if Hardrick is going to be one of the 2 game-day scratches, or if he actually dresses as a back-up.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Hardrick is a natural RT.....Foketi a natural LT who played RT for the first time ever in his life last week. If Foketi is starting over Hardrick, gotta think it's an injury related thing. I'm curious if Hardrick is going to be one of the 2 game-day scratches, or if he actually dresses as a back-up.

Natural RT or LT... doesn't matter so much if Foketi is just a better player.  Paul Swiston was a natural RT, doesn't mean he is going to be a better player at RT than Foketi.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I  think it's pretty much a guarantee he's sitting. Has O'Shea ever dressed a backup import OL?

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Natural RT or LT... doesn't matter so much if Foketi is just a better player.  Paul Swiston was a natural RT, doesn't mean he is going to be a better player at RT than Foketi.

Based on everything I've read, Foketi did not have a good game last week and when "graded out" by those watching game film, he looked bad. Again, looked like a guy playing RT for the first time ever in his life. By all accounts, everyone was praying for Hardrick to be ready for this week because he's absolutely the better RT. So it's a very curious thing that Foketi is in again....makes me think Hardrick isn't 100% yet.

Just now, Noeller said:

Based on everything I've read, Foketi did not have a good game last week and when "graded out" by those watching game film, he looked bad. Again, looked like a guy playing RT for the first time ever in his life. By all accounts, everyone was praying for Hardrick to be ready for this week because he's absolutely the better RT. So it's a very curious thing that Foketi is in again....makes me think Hardrick isn't 100% yet.

Haven't seen that anywhere but Bomber Buzz.  Good read but I'd caution against taking his word as gospel.  He isn't watching any different film than the rest of us, he gets all his info from what's shown on TSN.  I don't know what he saw that he didn't like, because he didn't elaborate on it at all.

20 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Hardrick was part of the starting OL for the first seven weeks, I'm not sure you can give him credit for the turnaround.  He was good at RT but so was Foketi, IMO.

True enough, the resurgence happened when they moved Hardrick to RT and inserted Bond.  Still his enthusiasm is contagious and he gets everybody going around him, that's a big part of leadership.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

It's nice to see them sitting the guys who are not performing this year. Seems that was one thing that didn't happen so much in the past. They were high on Davis and Adams, but both have struggled the last few games. I'm sure both will get more opportunities to play but I hope Sheppard and McDuffie do well in the meantime 

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I thought Teague was injured... I've always liked him a a spark plug/energy guy... but I was concerned about his ability to be an everyday contributor...

I've always liked Teague. Teams tried to pick on him, but he always held his own well. Seems like he's in a reduced role this season, which goes to show our Canadian depth has steadily improved since we first brought him in. I think he's slowly getting nudged out, but he was always a good Canadian role player.