Bombers @ Alouettes

Rich

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Who are you going to take off of the roster once Randle and Frederick are healthy to put Macho on? I honestly don't see a place for him and if that's the case then we might as well cut him.

Depth isn't a bad thing to have. I don't know what Macho is making but if it doesn't affect the team then why not keep him around? Injuries can pile up quickly (as we know by now) and our depth has allowed us to keep pace in the West. Now that we are getting healthy, why should we abandon that?

We had 3 DB's go down in one game, 3 WR's in another. Say Loffler and Leggett both get injured in a game and are forced to miss time, Harris can step in and be a stop gap.

I'm not suggesting he gets back in the starting lineup at all, but that doesn't mean we have to cut him either just for the sake of cutting him. He may provide other intangibles that you can't read on a stat sheet.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm not sure if Frederick can play safety, SAM or halfback, or what he's like on special teams.  If he can back up at multiple spots and be as good as Harris on ST then sure.

Agreed. I don't want to be known as a Macho advocate, because I was opposed to the signing at the time and I am sure there are better options out there but Harris can finish the year here and we can cut him in the offseason. He does provide some value to the team as a depth guy but unless an airlifted DB from the US can show MOS he can play at a higher level then we may as well ride it out for this year and go from there.

Nik Lewis,  seems to get important first down catches and more, every game. He has a way of getting open. hard to bring down.

Montreal Alouettes receiver Nik Lewis had five second down conversions last week alone versus the Ottawa REDBLACKS. Lewis has 18 second down conversion receptions on the season. - CFL.ca

How do they stop Nik?

Have this sign prominently displayed?

2ebguiw.jpg

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What???  Never even seen him on defence, how could you possibly make that determination?

That speaks volumes in itself, if his only position is LB and he has to replace one of the incumbents he may never get a shot.  It looks like he is sitting somewhere behind Knox and Burnett on the depth chart.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What???  Never even seen him on defence, how could you possibly make that determination?

That's kinda the point... I'm not saying he's definitely never going to contribute defensively... but he's in year 2, he's 26 years old and he never gets any defensive playing time... 

52 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Nik Lewis,  seems to get important first down catches and more, every game. He has a way of getting open. hard to bring down.

How do they stop Nik?

Have some one take him to an all you can eat buffet the morning of the game. 

We could play a vice cover. or match vice. Have a De pinch under and the db play deep cover. Some one fast like fogg. When the play goes deep have the db switch to match zone under neath and wedge loffler over the top. He isnt gonna run past many guys, but if you cant close the gap by the time the ball gets there hes gonna run over people. But maybe some one like loffler can make him the nail instead of the hammer. Match zone double would give a chance to force turn overs and could make glenn look else where. but its a lot more commitment then I think you wanna put on him.

Man to man id counter him with speed, some one who can eat up the cushion and close on the ball. Were not gonna out physical him with a single db, and our bigger lbers are still lighter and lack the coverage skill in all probability. 

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

That's kinda the point... I'm not saying he's definitely never going to contribute defensively... but he's in year 2, he's 26 years old and he never gets any defensive playing time... 

Well we have a couple very good linebackers in front of him.  The more telling situation may come if we have some Canadian injuries and need to re-jig the ratio.

18 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Well we have a couple very good linebackers in front of him.  The more telling situation may come if we have some Canadian injuries and need to re-jig the ratio.

I'm still hoping he turns out to be a ratio-breaking player... I'm just not holding my breath...

Nice  camaraderie amongst the DBs...

Rheanne Marcoux WBB
When We Became FACEBOOK friends (Kevin Fogg), I decided it was going to be his birthday every day and everyone else just ran with it because he's a rookie.
“I was messing with him as a rookie prank,” began Leggett, all the while trying to keep a straight face.
Oh my goodness…” began Fogg while rolling his eyes, looking to the sky and seemingly knowing what teammate Maurice Leggett was about to say.
“Because Moe is Moe and everyone likes to listen to him… Everybody loves to tell me happy birthday EVERY. SINGLE. DAY,” explains Fogg.

“Even on our off days! Even during bye week! I got so many happy birthdays; texts, tweets, instagrams…”

“I cannot confirm nor deny that I had any part in that…” denied Leggett, rather unconvincingly. “I mean I would have bought streamers, I would have bought a cake…”

“What do you mean?!” interjected Fogg, “I had streamers ALL OVER MY LOCKER!”

Fogg’s birthday, it should be known, is October 6th

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/08/25/210173/

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

if the game was in winnipeg id say lets all kick in and take him to baked expectations. 

I don't think, as a group, we could come up with enough money for that tab.

Is Foodie Goodie still open?

Let's not forget that Lewis blocks too and really enjoys hitting people. He's a threat when receiving the ball but also on any offensive play.