Bombers @ Alouettes

Rich

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WHich one is better for the team?

I don't know.  Waggoner has 13 ST tackles in 26 games, Sherman has 19 ST tackles in 50 games.  Sherman has made some impact plays on ST, though, e.g. blocked kicks.  Sherman probably shouldn't be on the field on defence.  Waggoner?  To be determined.

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

yeah that and hardrick not taking the spot back with foketi going off is a bit of a head scratcher. 

OL just had their best game in years and the Argos DL literally looked like they didn't even want to be on the field for the last half of the game, they kicked some serious ass.  You don't mess with that.

41 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I've always liked Teague. Teams tried to pick on him, but he always held his own well. Seems like he's in a reduced role this season, which goes to show our Canadian depth has steadily improved since we first brought him in. I think he's slowly getting nudged out, but he was always a good Canadian role player. 

This is part of the improved depth and roster flexibility.   Getting rid of Picard and subtracting guys who should be backups - Neufeld, Macho, Hurl....and replace them with actual starting quality players....has played a big part in the overall improvement round here.

If keeping Foketi at RT instead of Hardrick based on production at the position and not injury related, I think it's a good sign in regards to O'Shea putting the best roster together as opposed to the "vets keep their spots" mantra of years past, which bodes well for when Macho is healthy he can take a back seat to Loffler.

4 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

If keeping Foketi at RT instead of Hardrick based on production at the position and not injury related, I think it's a good sign in regards to O'Shea putting the best roster together as opposed to the "vets keep their spots" mantra of years past, which bodes well for when Macho is healthy he can take a back seat to Loffler.

I think Macho is in real danger of being cut loose, Leggett is a great backup at S. and Randle can back up the SAM LB position with Roberts or Frederick covering the corner.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

OL just had their best game in years and the Argos DL literally looked like they didn't even want to be on the field for the last half of the game, they kicked some serious ass.  You don't mess with that.

theres some truth to that for sure. But imop hardrick played better against tougher pass rushes. With fredrick going to the bench I dont think we are playing the best pieces on the field. Of course he could be banged up or some thing.

32 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Undrafted guy from the Joe Mack era vs the supplemental draft golden boy... gonna be tough for Sherman to get on over Waggoner.

Sherman is a savvy guy, but Waggoner is probably our best special teams guy.  To me Sherman is likely more in a battle with a guys like Briggs and Morgan to get on the roster.  Hurl and Waggoner, Jones are top special teams players.  The difference in our team is that we have better guys where Sherman was on our roster the last couple years.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think Macho is in real danger of being cut loose, Leggett is a great backup at S. and Randle can back up the SAM LB position with Roberts or Frederick covering the corner.

I think the only way he sticks around is as depth or for teams. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think the only way he sticks around is as depth or for teams. 

When Kevin Fogg was being interviewed last week he mentioned that Macho was a leader in the DB room so it wouldn't surprise me if MOS and Walters keep him around to avoid rocking the boat, especially the way the secondary has been playing lately.

3 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

When Kevin Fogg was being interviewed last week he mentioned that Macho was a leader in the DB room so it wouldn't surprise me if MOS and Walters keep him around to avoid rocking the boat, especially the way the secondary has been playing lately.

there has been a good bit of talk since TC that hes a vocal leader type. If its true, hes certainly a good teams guy. I could see us keeping him around in those roles. Assuming he isnt earning premium money, which i doubt he is.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Based on everything I've read, Foketi did not have a good game last week and when "graded out" by those watching game film, he looked bad. Again, looked like a guy playing RT for the first time ever in his life. By all accounts, everyone was praying for Hardrick to be ready for this week because he's absolutely the better RT. So it's a very curious thing that Foketi is in again....makes me think Hardrick isn't 100% yet.

by all accounts you mean the one guy who does the blog right? Cause that's the only place I've seen anyone say Foketi did poorly, everything else either ignored it or saw the OL as a group playing a damned good game. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. If he really did look out of place then they would have changed back. 

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

by all accounts you mean the one guy who does the blog right? Cause that's the only place I've seen anyone say Foketi did poorly, everything else either ignored it or saw the OL as a group playing a damned good game. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. If he really did look out of place then they would have changed back. 

Unless Hardrick isn't ready yet.....just saying I don't believe Foketi is a better RT than Hardrick. But.....would like to ask Wylie.

34 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Who are you going to take off of the roster once Randle and Frederick are healthy to put Macho on? I honestly don't see a place for him and if that's the case then we might as well cut him.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Who are you going to take off of the roster once Randle and Frederick are healthy to put Macho on? I honestly don't see a place for him and if that's the case then we might as well cut him.

Keep in mind we do have 2 DI linebackers right now.  Could easily take off Knox and add Harris.  That would give us some better depth at DB too.  Say what you want about Harris but I'll still put him in before Brendan Morgan.

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Keep in mind we do have 2 DI linebackers right now.  Could easily take off Knox and add Harris.  That would give us some better depth at DB too.  Say what you want about Harris but I'll still put him in before Brendan Morgan.

I'd rather have Frederick as the DI DB than Harris or Morgan. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

yeah that and hardrick not taking the spot back with foketi going off is a bit of a head scratcher. 

I heard MOS say Foketi had a good game and Nichols wasn't touched so I'm going with a keep a good thing going theme too?